Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    Oh look they commented on warlocks issues and also provided some ideas to fix it, but in 7.1 we can see only HUGE affliction nerfs with zero changes to mechanics they were talking about. But they commented!
    Yeah, thats the poing. They talked about fixes, but we ve seem ZERO fixes, just nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by m33ts4k0z View Post
    Unless you are an oracle and can see the future or you know that you are gonna be 1shot, you don't know when to use dark pact.
    This is plain wrong. Every avoidable damage is predictable and that is where survivability and mobility kick in. That's a charactaristic of avoidable damage. If it is unavoidable, than there is no need to use dark pact 'cause it's balanced around that everyone can survive it (if your healers are smart enough). Even if you have to use defensive CDs, mages have to block and can't do anything while the lock is still doing damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Yeah, thats the poing. They talked about fixes, but we ve seem ZERO fixes, just nerfs.
    Ah the specs I play actually had buffs since the original Q&A. I do expect further tuning across the classes soonish. Fixes? Probably not yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recently at 102 I pulled some bloody good dps in a normal dungeon as destro, and the tank and healer both said thatthe other dps need to wake up. I find locks fine as is. I main a fury warrior and by god destro is fun in comparison! dps is fully there if you play well!

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Ah the specs I play actually had buffs since the original Q&A. I do expect further tuning across the classes soonish. Fixes? Probably not yet.
    Well I was talking about mechanics, no plain buffs. All those things they talked about like the short-lived demons issue f.e.

Deleted
    You got your hotfix, try be unholy/tank DK's.
    even after frost buffs we are the lowest scaling class in the entire game, while demo at least is a monster on sustained single target.

You got huge responses after all your threads on the forum. There are other classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Recently at 102 I pulled some bloody good dps in a normal dungeon as destro, and the tank and healer both said thatthe other dps need to wake up. I find locks fine as is. I main a fury warrior and by god destro is fun in comparison! dps is fully there if you play well!
    recently at level 20 i was 1 shotting mobs with frost mage, the npc following me said that he thinks im a great warrior and azeroth needs me, i think mages are fine i main affliction warlock and by god frost mage is fun in comparison! Dps is fully there if you play well!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hish View Post
    recently at level 20 i was 1 shotting mobs with frost mage, the npc following me said that he thinks im a great warrior and azeroth needs me, i think mages are fine i main affliction warlock and by god frost mage is fun in comparison! Dps is fully there if you play well!
    Are you ok? I think you are the confuse

guess the group that did mythic+15 as first didn't get the memo about warlocks being this bad /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cainium View Post
    This is plain wrong. Every avoidable damage is predictable and that is where survivability and mobility kick in. That's a charactaristic of avoidable damage. If it is unavoidable, than there is no need to use dark pact 'cause it's balanced around that everyone can survive it (if your healers are smart enough). Even if you have to use defensive CDs, mages have to block and can't do anything while the lock is still doing damage.
    It's funny to think that all damage can be avoided if you play correctly. There are times in mythics+ where 3 RnG mechanics happened to me and I died. A mage would have been immune and wouldn't die. Simple as that. A mage loses damage while using iceblock but can use spells while on the run. Warlocks only have conflagrate and unlike mages, can't hope for any procs that occur with critical strikes. This is the DPS loss while a warlock and this is the reason why in EN, warlocks only excel in dragons because they can cleave. On the rest of the 6 bosses warlocks are almost nowhere to be found in logs.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    What Ion basically said to you guys and others is "Git gud" 8D

They "ignored" the majority of classes in the Q&A. There's only so much they can address, and they've stated before that the Warlock problems are on their radar. It was more of a general QA than one focused on individual class concerns.

I want them to fix the playstyles of all three Warlock specs as much as anyone, but there's a lot of work to be done on many of the game's specs right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    We have two numerically solid specs and one with solid design.

If Fury warriors are getting mechanical fixes then I'd expect the same for demo, and afflictions in the worst state it's ever been in. It's not even a solid pvp, not is it living up to the pre-launch M+ hype.
    Demo's mechanics could use some QoL to make it more enjoyable (imo), but there's nothing fundamentally wrong with it as a dot spec and it absolutely pulls competitive numbers. If they wanted to bring up aff's ST all they'd have to do is buff the coefficient back up on soul effigy. It appears thus far that they don't want aff to have decent ST though, so we'll see if they change their minds.

The leaderboards would disagree with you about aff's viability in pvp. For mythic+, sustained aoe isn't always what you need depending on affixes. There's also the issue that people have simply invested too heavily in other specs, which leaves affs wep weaker. As well as aff being the least represented spec, meaning that those min-maxers watcher was just talking about in the interview aren't really playing aff which makes aff look worse than it is.

I should say, I don't mean that there aren't improvements to be made to the class / specs here and there because there's definitely some things I'd like to see changed / addressed. My point is more that the class as a whole is in a really good place after the buffs, and there really isn't anything so egregious to warrant them addressing the class specifically like they did in the last Q&A. To be frank, if the class and specs stayed exactly the same relative to the other specs in the game for the rest of the xpac we'd be in a damned good place.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2016-10-15 at 02:34 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by m33ts4k0z View Post
    It's funny to think that all damage can be avoided if you play correctly.
    That not what i've said.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Is Demo getting a nerf too or have you just returned to planet Earth?
    It was only a few weeks ago that you were trying to pretend Demo was better / close to SPriest in strength.
    Think of his arguments as water and the state of the game as containers. The water will adapt to the shape of the container it's in. The difference here is that the water here actually has a purpose in doing so and that purpose is to sing praise about Blizzard, state of Warlocks from any perspective and brushing all concerns about the first two things that the heretics may have under the carpet.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-10-15 at 03:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    If they wanted to bring up aff's ST all they'd have to do is buff the coefficient back up on soul effigy. It appears thus far that they don't want aff to have decent ST though, so we'll see if they change their minds.
    Or they could scrape the entire thing and revamp it to something else. There's a reason that Prismatic Crystal was removed and somehow, we got an even worse version of it.

For mythic+, sustained aoe isn't always what you need depending on affixes. There's also the issue that people have simply invested too heavily in other specs, which leaves affs wep weaker. As well as aff being the least represented spec, meaning that those min-maxers watcher was just talking about in the interview aren't really playing aff which makes aff look worse than it is.
    Except that it's been said on this board that we play Warlocks. Not a Destro, not a Demo nor an Affliction, just Warlocks so that we should adapt to whatever spec is best for the appropriate situation. The fact that we bring up that the best might not have put enough points to make it shine and let's be realistic, getting it to 20 is nothing and is plenty fine to see how the spec perform. It's not like the weapon as some miracle trait (actually, the last traits you get are some of the worse for it) that makes it perform drastically better that might have escaped from the best min-maxers' sight.

So the fact that this reason is even brought up just shows that the spec doesn't perform at a good enough level for it to be justifed to bring over the other for most situations which leads the min-maxer (and even most players) to gravitated toward the most optimal spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Think of his arguments as water and the state of the game as containers. The water will adapt to the shape of the container it's in. The difference here is that the water here actually has a purpose in doing so and that purpose is to sing praise about Blizzard, state of Warlocks from any perspective and brushing all concerns about the first two things that the heretics may have under the carpet.
    That is your opinion, buddy.

I fail to see what is so fundamentally wrong with what I say and honestly seeing how you provided nothing of a merit besides the usual and tiring conspiracy drivel, I'm not even sure what your intent is with that infantile reply besides high-fiving individuals of the doom and gloom camp.

I'm not even sure what you guys are fighting for, your message is kinda blurry.

There isn't a whole lot to address tbh.

There's a lot of hyperbole and doomsaying on this forum, but warlocks are extremely solid right now.
    Our output has been brought in line, the glaring rotational issues with demo, in particular have still not been addressed. And I'm not going to write a diatribe about them, the same things people have been saying for some time about the class and spec have already been said ad-nauseam. These are the things that have to still be addressed.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

There isn't a whole lot to address tbh.

There's a lot of hyperbole and doomsaying on this forum, but warlocks are extremely solid right now.
    I dunno bro, in ursoc i am always in the middle as best of damage while my best friend who play a demon hunter and have the same ilvl i have is always toping in damage in almost all fights, the dragons of nightmare however is where the destro shine

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the most sensible people here already said this simple truth - warlocks consist of several specs, Destruction performs well, Demo needs some work in QoL department and Affliction needs a lot of work overall to gap it's current ST and other weaknesses.

Not sure what's so wrong with the above. I see the biggest counter claim is that there are omnipotent specs out there like Fire Mage, but then again it's not a Warlock problem specifically because Fire pretty much shits on everyone besides a couple other specs that drew a lucky ticket.

Finally, some arguments here are really out of this world, things like mages having better defenses than Warlocks or Warlock sturdiness being useless for difficult content or Warlocks not having a place on high M+ - all of that is outright BS and people who keep parroting it will keep shooting their credibility down.