Quote Originally Posted by Legion Fan View Post
    The challenge is in the adventure. As for flight paths, while they take you out of the world during your flight, you do not have the power to just stop, change direction, or sit afk stationary until you return. You travel from A to B and then either land afk, or hit the ground and start running. Flight is fun, but it is not the end all be all mechanic in WoW.
    But you like flight. You understand that it's useful too, right? You say yourself that you are pro-flight, so why do you think it's good and what do you see its useful for. You seem to assume that if people are asking for it and choosing not to play, that it must be because it's an end-all mechanic. Yet you seem to ignore all the other pieces of the puzzle, like the fact that the content itself is a grind and travel time is a waste of it; or the fact that flight can be used for non-content purposes like simply enjoying the scenery.

So perhaps for you, it's not an end-all mechanic because you play the rest of the game, but you can't live with the fact that other people do?

As a pro-flier I am just tired of the lame excuse that "flying is my fun and my game". Short of playing a Druid, which I do, you cannot fly and interact with quests, objectives, chests, etc. People need to get over the fact that it takes them an extra 4 mins to get around a mountain. If you are under such time constraints, maybe MMOs are not the right genre to be playing.
    So you admit you are being purposefully ignorant and are attacking other people's opinions because you can't understand it yourself. That's what I'm pretty much reading here.

I agree with your statements about Druids and flight not being content, but I completely disagree with your stance that this is an excuse, that it is lame and that because you are pro-flight that no one else can have an opinion that differs from your own idea of flight. While I respect you having a strong opinion that you stand by, I see a lot of stereotyping and blatant discrimination against anyone who values flight more than you do.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-10-15 at 06:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Seems like the bigger challenge is finding a place on the ground, out of the way to AFK while you go handle that call. Then again, if you can just lift off and hover out of danger, why bother being on the ground at all? So yea, flight can absolutely remove you from the world and give you a safe spot to sit while handling RL events.
    Why is this even a thing? Something RL comes up in a no-fly zone I'm either porting or logging out on the spot. This isn't a flying thing, this is a 'game without a pause button' thing.

The challenge is in the adventure.
    So much no to this. Maybe I've just been extremely unlucky this past week, but the amount of dazed and dismounts I'm getting is off the charts. Seriously, I don't remember it being this bad since vanilla. It's not adventurous, it's not challenging, it's a pain in the ass. Hell, yesterday I got lost in a cave and I couldn't kill faster than mobs respawned. I couldn't run because I kept getting dismounted and forced to fight. It was absolutely ridiculous. Porting out wasn't an option because I had to get to the other side to turn in a quest. It single handedly made me want to quit (perhaps a little melodramatic but it put me in a really bad mood) and I logged off aggravated that anyone considers that a fun gaming experience.

That's not a flight thing either, but it is a 'ground experience is not all it's cracked up to be' commentary (rant :P).
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    I'm surprised this thread is still a thing... or is it the same few people repeating the same rhetoric over and over again? I'll bet on the latter, to be honest, but I'm glad there's no flying available yet. Broken Isles is very fun without it.
    Its the same people - same three people specifically - repeating the same thing over, and desperately trying to convince anyone who will listen why they think flying is good for the game.

I'm surprised this thread is still a thing... or is it the same few people repeating the same rhetoric over and over again? I'll bet on the latter, to be honest, but I'm glad there's no flying available yet. Broken Isles is very fun without it.
    I don't see how the Broken Isles is fun without flying given that the artifact grind is just ramping up. Even more so when people are just doing instanced content now and Kara is more instanced content to be released in the new two weeks.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Its the same people - same three people specifically - repeating the same thing over, and desperately trying to convince anyone who will listen why they think flying is good for the game.
    I'm noticing that. It's looks like a pretty bad job done by them too... You think they'd move on since the majority of players are loving Legion, especially without the flying aspect not hindering it, virtually at all.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

I'm noticing that. It's looks like a pretty bad job done by them too... You think they'd move on since the majority of players are loving Legion, especially without the flying aspect not hindering it, virtually at all.
    The majority of players are not loving Legion which is why the official forums are in meltdown mode.

And if you don't like the thread topic you don't have to participate.

People who are saying they don't want flying so they can explore on a ground mount are idiots/trolls. They are just like the rest of us, flight point to WQ then use whistle to GTFO as quick as possible. This exploring crap is just trolling people who want flying. I honestly don't care either way, but I would like Blizz to be upfront with people and tell it like it is, will there or will there not be flying in the entire expansion. Because if this whole achievement part 1 and whatever future parts doesn't give flying at the end of the day, I will stop working on it and wasting my time on a 20% mount speed increase and do better things like level my other 12 100s on my horde server since my 12 alliance are already 110. 20% mount increase isn't worth it, especially for those folks who want to "explore". I laugh every time I read that. Human nature is to take the path of least resistance and flying would be that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Why is this even a thing? Something RL comes up in a no-fly zone I'm either porting or logging out on the spot. This isn't a flying thing, this is a 'game without a pause button' thing.

So much no to this. Maybe I've just been extremely unlucky this past week, but the amount of dazed and dismounts I'm getting is off the charts. Seriously, I don't remember it being this bad since vanilla. It's not adventurous, it's not challenging, it's a pain in the ass. Hell, yesterday I got lost in a cave and I couldn't kill faster than mobs respawned. I couldn't run because I kept getting dismounted and forced to fight. It was absolutely ridiculous. Porting out wasn't an option because I had to get to the other side to turn in a quest. It single handedly made me want to quit (perhaps a little melodramatic but it put me in a really bad mood) and I logged off aggravated that anyone considers that a fun gaming experience.

That's not a flight thing either, but it is a 'ground experience is not all it's cracked up to be' commentary (rant :P).
    The problem with the no flying idea in Legion is three fold:

1. Smallest expansion continent to date
    2. Mob density very high with mobs scaling
    3. Mob respawn rate also very high

Also throw in CRZ which splinters the already small Broken Isles and it makes the no flying idea for Legion look like the worst decision ever decided in a MMORPG that has come out with an expansion the last five years. Arguably even worse than WoD in comparison.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The majority of players are not loving Legion which is why the official forums are in meltdown mode.
    You do know that those that post on the official forums are the (very) vocal minority, don't you? Like here, as others have said, hundreds of thousands of people visit MMO-C regularly, but only about three of you are vocal about "No Flying."

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    And if you don't like the thread topic you don't have to participate.
    Oh, I like the thread topic. "No flying in 7.0 confirmed" was something that I enjoyed, as I said. Just becuase you don't like what I have to say doesn't mean that you have to participate by replying to me, though.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Lady Dragonheart, meet Mafic, the resident pro-flying Archtroll for this thread. Hes been explaining (over and over) why he thinks people with your/our opinion are 'wrong' for the last ~year or so.

Legion has been such a positively received expansion so far by the greater community at large, and lack of flight is definitely a big contributing factor. Number 1 reason: The world feels alive, and reason to be out in it doing stuff. People might not say explicitly "i love no flight", but they most certainly will say, "I love how alive the world feels again".
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2016-10-15 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StangMan04 View Post
    They are just like the rest of us, flight point to WQ then use whistle to GTFO as quick as possible. This exploring crap is just trolling people who want flying. I honestly don't care either way, but I would like Blizz to be upfront with people and tell it like it is, will there or will there not be flying in the entire expansion. Because if this whole achievement part 1 and whatever future parts doesn't give flying at the end of the day, I will stop working on it and wasting my time on a 20% mount speed increase and do better things like level my other 12 100s on my horde server since my 12 alliance are already 110. 20% mount increase isn't worth it, especially for those folks who want to "explore". I laugh every time I read that. Human nature is to take the path of least resistance and flying would be that.
    This is very similar to how it went down in WoD. Most people did the achieve for flying in WoD even if they had a neutral stance or against stance towards flying. In truth is that Legion will be 100% better expansion once flying is added by mid expansion. Any delay of that and it will probably hurt the game and sow seed of distrust in the gaming community.

Not being able to fly is one of the things keeping this expansion down. It takes way to long to get around to all of the daily quests, I mean world quests. Maybe if they didn't make the zones into huge mazes to funnel you through questing, it would be fine.

The only thing making it bearable is the whistle.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Not being able to fly is one of the things keeping this expansion down. It takes way to long to get around to all of the daily quests, I mean world quests. Maybe if they didn't make the zones into huge mazes to funnel you through questing, it would be fine.

That's a subjective opinion, nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

Lady Dragonheart, meet Mafic, the resident pro-flying Archtroll for this thread. Hes been explaining (over and over) why he thinks people with your/our opinion are 'wrong' for the last ~year or so.

Legion has been such a positively received expansion so far by the greater community at large, and lack of flight is definitely a big contributing factor. Number 1 reason: The world feels alive, and reason to be out in it doing stuff. People might not say explicitly "i love no flight", but they most certainly will say, "I love how alive the world feels again".
    I agree, for the most part, with that statement.
    ~~ ~~

I always saw lots of people around in MoP, especially at the beginning. Its more likely that they have raised the world population than people not being able to fly which is making the world "alive." If you are comparing to the end of WoD, no one was playing, so even on the ground there was no population. Also without garrisons, there are things to do in the world. The people would be there with flying or without. I tend to think there would be more people with, or at least they would be having more fun.

Now I'm going to go back to playing. I think my afk flight path is over. I'm going to slog my way to a quest area running through anything that attacks me, finish the quest, whistle, and then afk to the next quest area. So much fun!

- - - Updated - - -

Same as yours: "no flying makes the expansion better."

you are the troll coming here dismissing everything we say as QQ, why you even took the time from our marry raiding around to come here and tell us how we should enjoy this game? How peoples need to buy Legion because "everyone" like it ? and all this pseudo fanboy crap.
    Some player don't like no fly and like to discuss it, deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, for the most part, with that statement.
    Legion is crap, everything they have done is gated and most interesting thing are dedicated to manual group play, they took wod and just made a light version of the garrison, i'm regretting putting my money on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

tell us how we should enjoy this game?
    You should be enjoying the game from your ground mount - that's correct.

Legion is crap, everything they have done is gated and most interesting thing are dedicated to manual group play, they took wod and just made a light version of the garrison, i'm regretting putting my money on it.
    Do you expect anyone to believe you or take this crap seriously?

Blizzard is capable of making zones that are friendly to ground mounts (eg Vanilla maps). But they like the idea of slowing down players so they do minimal investment in world content as most of their focus is on instanced content. That is what makes flying more valuable now and it was obvious since the WoD beta that is how it would play out Just my two cents.

7+ Year Old Account
    Same as yours: "no flying makes the expansion better."
    Exactly, thank you for agreeing with me on the pointlessness of your opinion.
    ~~ ~~

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post

It happens. You tried Legion with no flying and you found it no fun. That is sufficient reason for you to walk away given that 7.1 brings more instanced content and flying isn't being released till mid expansion. However, mid expansion talk seems very vague to the point I do wonder can they even meet that deadline?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    If you regret buying it, then that is your issue.
    ~~ ~~