Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I could understand a patch that balances/fixes stuff. People are still getting rep with factions, still doing mythic +, still raid EN in various difficulties. Why would an extra (and long) mythic dungeon come out plus 3 extra bosses come out so soon after Legion launch is baffling. Legion content is enough at the moment, we don't need extra. This will backfire, and soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well they made the claim pacing will be quicker and droughts are no more. Time to see if they can keep to it.
    aye i will happily eat my words but i don't see it happening.. I would think 7.1 in jan, night hold in early spring would be better pacing. (note i'm one that never got bored in WoD or anytime in wow's history though).
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ... You are aware that WoD gave us 6.1 (NO content) and 6.2, right? The problem was not fucking due to them giving us content too quickly in WoD, it was a lack of content throughout the entirety of the expansion. And in no shape or form is it very bright to assume that Legion will follow the pattern of WoD when it's already doing things differently. I'd say it's more logical to assume that they'll try to mimic the MoP patch release pattern, but with plans in place to prevent a content drought following the final tier patch.
    This exactly!
    WoD did not frontload content. WoD had almost no content. That was the issue!!!

Another example of:

WoD: "wahhhh too little content"
    Legion: "wahhhh too much content"

Community never ceases to amaze me.

I'd say its fine since we don't have nighthold coming out with it.

Jesus you people will complain about anything. Blizzard listens to the community and provides more content in a faster release cycle and you complain about it. Unreal.

It's fine.

Deleted
    Why would it be early? It is just 3 boss raid what you can clear fast and 5 man dungeon.

If it was nighthold, it would be way too early.

7+ Year Old Account
    so, for those asking "but people are still progressing on EN"
    yeah.... 1. the raid wont be coming out till 2 weeks after 7.1, to stop it from overlapping with blizzcon
    and 2. its ffing 3 bosses... its not going to replace EN, simply you will go "ok guys we did our full heroic clear, time to go heroic clear trial of valor, then start mythic progression"

Not enough content
    World if ending, blizzard is shit
    Lots of content
    World is ending, blizzard is shit

welcome to the world of warcraft community
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    It's just a fucking dungeon and two raid bosses after the easiest entry raid ever so no certainly not.
    Naxx 2.0 was easier.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    aye i will happily eat my words but i don't see it happening.. I would think 7.1 in jan, night hold in early spring would be better pacing. (note i'm one that never got bored in WoD or anytime in wow's history though).
    no, having EN for almost 6 months woudl be horrible, 7 bosses, no teir, be fucking horrible, were still going to have it for another 3-4 more months before nighthold this way
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    I could understand a patch that balances/fixes stuff. People are still getting rep with factions, still doing mythic +, still raid EN in various difficulties. Why would an extra (and long) mythic dungeon come out plus 3 extra bosses come out so soon after Legion launch is baffling. Legion content is enough at the moment, we don't need extra. This will backfire, and soon.
    There's already pretty much nothing to do outside of farming Mythic+ and raiding, so no, not enough at all.

Yes, it is too early.

It's one moth from when Emerald Nightmare was released, I know people who cleared it every week and they are not done with the Balance of Power quest. As a casual player who skipped some bosses and resets, I'm only halfway there with that.

I just got exalted with the Nightfallen last week, I'm still Revered with the rest of the factions.

I'm not sure if anyone beat a level 15 mythic dungeon yet, none of my friends spread over 3 mythic raiding guilds mentioned it, but I heard complaints about level 10.

Wing 3 of LFR hasn't even been released yet, it will come on the same day as this patch (!).

The existing content is far from being exhausted, so a cool new dungeon and a raid with higher item level will only serve to needlessly push it aside. The only thing this accomplishes is putting pressure on casuals now with an overload of activities, and inevitable demands in the future to keep up the pace set up now by the no-life crowd of locusts.

Pacing is just as important as quality and quantity in assuring a nice, satisfying distribution of content. Sure, we'll get this patch now and the Nighthold in a little more than two months, but are you really expecting them to keep up the pace with a new raid and/or dungeon every other month for another year and a half? I personally don't even think I can keep up with that.

imo should be 3-4 later, still need a bit time for my alts
    but I'm ok with it

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Yes, it is too early.

It's one moth from when Emerald Nightmare was released, I know people who cleared it every week and they are not done with the Balance of Power quest. As a casual player who skipped some bosses and resets, I'm only halfway there with that.

I just got exalted with the Nightfallen last week, I'm still Revered with the rest of the factions.

I'm not sure if anyone beat a level 15 mythic dungeon yet, none of my friends spread over 3 mythic raiding guilds mentioned it, but I heard complaints about level 10.

Wing 3 of LFR hasn't even been released yet, it will come on the same day as this patch (!).

The existing content is far from being exhausted, so a cool new dungeon and a raid with higher item level will only serve to needlessly push it aside. The only thing this accomplishes is putting pressure on casuals now with an overload of activities, and inevitable demands in the future to keep up the pace set up now by the no-life crowd of locusts.

Pacing is just as important as quality and quantity in assuring a nice, satisfying distribution of content. Sure, we'll get this patch now and the Nighthold in a little more than two months, but are you really expecting them to keep up the pace with a new raid and/or dungeon every other month for another year and a half? I personally don't even think I can keep up with that.
    noone expects them to keep up the pace and noone expect 7.1 to have THAT much content. it has the short raid, kara mythic, some suramar questline... and thats pretty much it so far, it wont keep you busy for a month like the Legion release, thats for sure

Ask your friend if he'd rather have 14 months of no content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Yes, it is too early.

we will farm EN for another almost 3 months, what does this patch have to do with that?

People complaining are in 99% of cases totally clueless about the content of patch 7.1 and they think that new raid + nighhold raid are all coming on october 25th....which is just bullshit

too soon? Its just a filler/complementary raid to EN (which you can clear in one night to be honest and ToV looks very puggable anyway) and one long mythic dungeon. One WQ area in old azeroth, some suramar progression, some new WQs aaaaand....yeah, thats it.

Really not much in this patch BUT it goes well with current content we have. 7.2 of similar size at the end of January? Yes please. Right now im not sure when I will have time for kara mythic but im sure I will do it in next 3 months...

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    No question about it, far too early.
    hows it too early in 10 days ur only be able to do a new 5 man dungeon and a small quest time that is unlocked weekly... THEN after 2 weeks after those 10 days ur get 3 raid boss with an IL 5 bonus... then 2 months later ur get a new raid...

Hows that too early? do u do like 1 dungeon a week or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    not really i was already skipping my world quests cuz they are started to feel repetetive. I like it.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

It is. When kara releases i need to focus on that or lose my spot in the group. On the same day Farming sim 17 is released. So guess i will be groupless.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    A bit too early yes. Most people haven't cleared EN in their desired difficulty let alone had a chance to farm it for gear.
    Nighthold is coming in like 3-4 months and you'll be running EN every week 'til then; 7.1 doesn't factor into it much.

When kara releases i need to focus on that or lose my spot in the group
    Wtf lol

It's one mythic 5-man dungeon once a week that drops like 855 gear