Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I did read it, there was no evidence. How do we know these 3 arent the government agents?
    I thought the idea in the US justice system is that the actual evidence is presented during the court proceedings, not in a press conference after arrest; to ensure that the jury can do its job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I really wanted to go there so we could travel Europe and so our kids could experience new cultures, etc. Growing up mostly in Europe, I feel more at home there, but I really just want my kids to see the different things outside of the US.
    I still need to go, I have only been to the M.E and Asia outside the US. (Canada too, but who cares its the same as the US basically)

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    He tried to change it to Germany, but that was about 3 months ago and it's still showing as Riley, so I've lost hope, lol. I'm trying to look at the brighter side of things. I hear the Base is very historic and has a lot of ghost stories surrounding it (that stuff has always interested me)... and Kansas gets some beautiful storms.

It will likely be a LONG 3 years.
    Well, like I said, when I left in 2014, it was a great unit to be a part of (dco 2/1) pray and I mean PRAY that he doesn't go to the AVIM unit....as with any AVIM unit they are ate the fuck up and always consumed with stupid shit that has nothing to do with ACFT maintenance.

With that being said, yes its a very historic base. Around Halloween they actually have haunted house tours around post with houses that are actually supposed to be haunted. The storms are awesome!!! my advice is when there is a good looking storm rolling in, drive to the very top of the bill hill on post and watch it, very cool!!

10+ Year Old Account
    They were going to bomb Somalis in an apartment? That's one of the most pathetic terrorist plans I've ever heard of. What exactly were they hoping to achieve?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Im calling horse shit on this story. Show us the evidence.
    Of course you are. You live in an ALTernate reality. Where facts don't matter and only gut feelings count.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    They were going to bomb Somalis in an apartment? That's one of the most pathetic terrorist plans I've ever heard of. What exactly were they hoping to achieve?
    Then you have not seen much, how's setting of bomb belts on children soccer games while they hand out prices, thousands of terror attacks around the world last couple years so I'm sure if you look at some of those you will find far worse and they where successfull unlike this one.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2016-10-15 at 03:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    A bunch of dead Somalis

Poor, under-educated, disenfranchised individuals frustrated with the current state of affairs surrounding them resort to violence to become relevant or even just to be heard. Sounds like every terrorist, ever. Fuck these guys, take em out back, put a bullet in their head, and be done with it. A free and peaceful society has no place for these types, from anywhere, or any religion.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I would love to be able to take a look at the IPs of several users!

On topic: Those alt-right crusaders are just the worst.
    The only people who make sense these days are us centrists, fuck the left and fuck the right, you are all wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Of course you are. You live in an ALTernate reality. Where facts don't matter and only gut feelings count.
    You mean like the SJWs who live on just emotion?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Can't wait for the "they don't represent nazis" arguments from the left or "this has nothing to do with their ideology/culture". Don't think I will though.
    I will cut the chase and get to the point. So you believe all Muslims are terrorists? I do not see any other reason to complain about a "leftist" saying "Terrorists do not represent all Muslims".

Also, you are making a mistake here dear logic-superior. The claim from right wingers would be "all whites are terrorists" or, "Western culture is prone to terrorism".
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-10-15 at 06:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    The fact that we don't have significant levels of terrorism domestically given the high levels of Muslim immigrants is something we should be happy about.
    Since Sept. 11, 2001, nearly twice as many people have been killed by white supremacists, antigovernment fanatics and other non-Muslim extremists than by radical Muslims and the gap continues to widen. It's not American or any other kind of Muslims. It's right wing lunatics who are out to harm as many people as possible. Imagine that.
    Last edited by Espe; 2016-10-15 at 07:08 PM.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Since Sept. 11, 2001, nearly twice as many people have been killed by white supremacists, antigovernment fanatics and other non-Muslim extremists than by radical Muslims and the gap continues to widen. It's not American or any other kind of Muslims. It's right wing lunatics who are out to harm as many people as possible. Imagine that.
    source?

10char?

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    source?

10char?
    Not too hard to Google.

Homegrown Extremists Tied to Deadlier Toll Than Jihadists in U.S. Since 9/11

But the breakdown of extremist ideologies behind those attacks may come as a surprise. Since Sept. 11, 2001, nearly twice as many people have been killed by white supremacists, antigovernment fanatics and other non-Muslim extremists than by radical Muslims: 48 have been killed by extremists who are not Muslim, including the recent mass killing in Charleston, S.C., compared with 26 by self-proclaimed jihadists, according to a count by New America, a Washington research center

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Not too hard to Google.

Homegrown Extremists Tied to Deadlier Toll Than Jihadists in U.S. Since 9/11
    Well, its quite the claim to make, people like to tie politics to attacks even if politics wasn't a motivating factor.

Well, its quite the claim to make, people like to tie politics to attacks even if politics wasn't a motivating factor.
    Of course they do. Keep moving them goalposts.

Kind of when you said 850 out of 852(?) Muslims responsible for bombings. Which no doubt is true, but they all didn't happen in the U.S., which that one thread was about.

I understand you do not want to deal in facts. Especially when you asked for a source.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Did you really just say the only difference is who they are and what they believe in, and who they will attack?
    What I said is that at the core their motivations are usually all the same, and often has little to do with the ideology their wrap more base urges in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, since people do that every time a Muslim does something, why not do it every time a right-leaning person does something? For balance.

In any case, both numbers are negligible, say, compared to all the school shootings in the same period. Virginia Tech shooting alone killed more people than all the Jihadists put together in the US in 2002-2015. And shootings, in turn, are negligible, compared to domestic violence. So, really, terrorism isn't something to be concerned with in the grand scheme of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

It is so sad that they were warped by an ideology of hate. I do love the irony of "blm is lawless" facebook posts while they planned to murder innocents.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    It is so sad that they were warped by an ideology of hate. I do love the irony of "blm is lawless" facebook posts while they planned to murder innocents.
    Calls for "law and order" rarely are anything of the sort.