Deleted

Resto druid in PVP (immortal in bear form).

It seems that resto druids can achieve immense durability in bear form in PVP. They heal for 3% of max hp every 5 sec (guardian heals only for 1.5%) and mark of shiting talent gives 1% of max hp every 3 seconds. When you add on that 10% dmg reduction from thick hide, high hp in bear (pretty much the same as guardian) and sky-high armor + lots of other stuff resto druids in bear end up being nigh immortal?

It seems to me that a resto druid in bear form is more durable than a guardian druid lol. Is that true and can anyone confirm it? I am talking mainly about pvp.

Fact is that they cannot heal themselves or anyone else while in the form. So at some point they gotta come out of it

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    Fact is that they cannot heal themselves or anyone else while in the form. So at some point they gotta come out of it
    Frenzied Regen allows them to heal 50% of the damage they take whilst in bear, and they get Rejuve when they enter, as well as the other pre-HoTs. I'm not saying it's strong/OP/whatever, just saying they *can* heal in bear. I noticed the recent (week or so?) FR change had a huge impact on how tanky they are, that's for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Frenzied Regen allows them to heal 50% of the damage they take whilst in bear, and they get Rejuve when they enter, as well as the other pre-HoTs. I'm not saying it's strong/OP/whatever, just saying they *can* heal in bear. I noticed the recent (week or so?) FR change had a huge impact on how tanky they are, that's for sure.

Whenever they are hit by a melee attack they can selfcast a rejuvenation while in bear form.

Tanky for sure.
    However while in bearform all they can do is "be tanky" with some heals maybe. But there is no way to escape rather than just "eat" the dmg.
    I dunno how it is compared to other healers, if OP or not but being in bear form should only be for a short period of time, as long as ur pre-hots still tick.
    Once they finished ticking u might want to get out of it, maybe a cat-blink away to hot urself again.

Deleted
    All in all they have the highest health in bear out of any class (I have 3.3 million in arena in bear),highest armor (6200), 10% dmg reduction from thick hide, 10% reduced chance to be critically hit, chance to cast rejuv on yourself, 3% hp healed every 5 sec , 1 % hp healed every 3 sec.

This is all insane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by djambalaz View Post
    It seems that resto druids can achieve immense durability in bear form in PVP. They heal for 3% of max hp every 5 sec (guardian heals only for 1.5%) and mark of shiting talent gives 1% of max hp every 3 seconds. When you add on that 10% dmg reduction from thick hide, high hp in bear (pretty much the same as guardian) and sky-high armor + lots of other stuff resto druids in bear end up being nigh immortal?

It seems to me that a resto druid in bear form is more durable than a guardian druid lol. Is that true and can anyone confirm it? I am talking mainly about pvp.
    guardian HP is higher but guardian recieves an extra 25% damage, so yes, you are more durable when not guardian specced but using bear affinity.
    same goes for cat affinity, healer cat affinity is stronger than guardian cat affinity (and for whatever reason, MoC increases max engery by 30)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Frenzied Regeneration doesn't heal extra damage based on damage taken from players unless your main spec is Guardian. 10% max HP over 10s once every 45s or so isn't all that great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
    Frenzied Regeneration doesn't heal extra damage based on damage taken from players unless your main spec is Guardian. 10% max HP over 10s once every 45s or so isn't all that great.
    Guardian is surely more durable but has like 3 times less sustain. Iron fur gives 13k-14k armor and mark of ursol gives 30% less dmg taken. Adaptive fur from guardian gives 10% less dmg taken and pulverize 8% less dmg taken. Also guardian has pvp talent "softened blows" which reduces dmg taken by 20% rom hits which are not dots . Surely guardian is sturdier I was trying to say that the sustainability of resto in bear form is insane!

It was a recent PvP change, it does. My friend healed just under half his HP in a duel with me from my burst (was testing it specifically).

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    It was a recent PvP change, it does. My friend healed just under half his HP in a duel with me from my burst (was testing it specifically).
    That was the change, but it only works for Guardian main spec, not with Guardian Affinity.

If it is working with Affinity, that's an unintended bug.

That was the change, but it only works for Guardian main spec, not with Guardian Affinity.

Strange, it was definitely working for him when we tested it, unless they hotfixed it again after.

In what way is it a bug that a spell which both speccs have gets buffed in the same way

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meythia View Post
    guardian HP is higher but guardian recieves an extra 25% damage, so yes, you are more durable when not guardian specced but using bear affinity.
    same goes for cat affinity, healer cat affinity is stronger than guardian cat affinity (and for whatever reason, MoC increases max engery by 30)
    guardian template has lower hp than resto...so guardian is currently total shit (i have 100k less hp as guardian with same gear than as resto, HP in bear form is mostly the same, as resto being slightly higher). Only thing it has is -30% magic dmg...add shit damage, no CC and its completely useless in PvP, damage taken is crazy, if i dont have any cooldowns then 2 dpsers kill me as fast as when im playing feral.

as resto still, if enemy stuns me for 4-5 seconds and 2 guys jump on me I just die without being able to do anything, rogues can pretty much solo kill me even with all hots and in bear form, I just go down no matter what.

Anyway, creating thread called "Resto druid in PVP (immortal in bear form)" means and solves nothing, as I wrote rogues just kill me in seconds no matter what, so OP is obviously wrong and fails to understand we live in a world of hard counters. If you dont have enough burst to nuke a certain healer down then you probably have solid aoe dmg, spread pressure or CC/self-sustain.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    In what way is it a bug that a spell which both speccs have gets buffed in the same way
    I'll see if I can find the link, but a blue put a post up saying that they didn't want the defensive capabilities of Bear Form being as strong for non-Guardian specs.

Found it: https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...64701270228992
    Last edited by Mystikal; 2016-10-16 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by djambalaz View Post

You are supposed to swap when resto goes to bear, i know its pretty hard choice for todays mongoloid melee cleaves but resto in bear mean no heals for his teamates.