Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Except progressing the class hall is a one week quest... which isn't that hard. You should be happy there's actual questing and lore for your alts. 10 minion missions, the rest you do yourself. Just because mommy only lets you play one hour a night doesn't give you the right to bitch at everyone else's expense. They don't want to hear it, and you're honestly pathetic.

Go play bejeweled with your grandmother.

- - - Updated - - -

To answer the forum post...

Given 7.1 was announced, likely 7.2 preparation and announcement.
    Surprise will be Vanilla servers
    Bigger surprise could be Warcraft 4 or a remaster of Warcraft 3/Starcraft...
    Diablo xpac would be legit..
    Overwatch heroes for sure incoming and playable, possible new maps...
    What the hell are you talking about? I've got tons of time to play, if I didn't I'd probably like the stupid order hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? I've got tons of time to play, if I didn't I'd probably like the stupid order hall.
    Lol, pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    Do you think we will get an announcement for the next expansion this Blizzcon? Legion was better than WoD so they might want to capitalize on the momentum and at least announce the next big thing (although I think a date won't be given yet).
    Next year.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Nah this expansion is actually pretty awful. It's not as bad as WoD, but it's still pretty bad. Class balance is the worst it's been in probably a decade, which is compounded by their emphasis on pushing the group finder tool with Mythics and N EN pugs - There are not just specs but entirely classes where pugging isn't viable because of the reputation that the class has due to balancing issues.

Actually the manual group finding nature of Mythic dungeons is what is going to kill the feature because at the moment if you're DPS and even if you're one of the classes / specs that is considered "viable" it''s pretty interesting trying to get into a group. I won the class lottery by selecting hunter and choosing to play marks, I can get into groups pretty well, but my DK alt? Hah. My friend who chose to play a warlock? Nope. And the WoW subreddit and official forums are filled with people complaining about how much of a cockblock Mythic dungeons requiring manual group finding for the minimal difficulty. For your average and even somewhat above average player Mythics are way too inaccessible, and yet there is such a focus on them. The game literally shoves you in that direction.

Same with Normal mode raids. Want to pug? Same issue as Mythics. Want to join a guild? Good luck. Want to just run LFR like you've done for the past 3 expansions? Well now you've got quests, for cosmetics mind you, that you can't do unless you hop into normal+. Fun times.

Well at least you can log in every day and do that artifact power grind so that your weapon can be more powerful for that content that you don't get to do.

At least it will get better over time right? No, it actually gets worse with each passing week. As the average item level of players goes up, the average ilevel requirement for pugs does as well.

But at least you can still PvP. Or not, the balance there is still awful.

So while I'm not having any issues doing Mythic dungeons on my main and I've pugged a bit of normal EN, I totally understand why all of my casual friends have stopped playing, why all of my friends that are anything less than super hardcore have stopped playing. That 10 million player number recently? That has definitely dropped rapidly since launch.

As far as expansions go I feel that this one will be the one with the absolute lowest amount of casual engagement, and as subs plummet Blizzard will panic (again) and casualize the shit out of everything to win them back, and then nobody will be happy.

All they really had to do was add Mythic to the LFD tool but keep Mythic+ set up the way that Mythic currently is - And consolidate LFR and Normal, but make it queue-able. Normal is honestly not difficult, and while it would be uncomfortable for LFR players for a few weeks until they realized they'd have to pay attention to mechanics, it would eventually sort itself out.
    How deep did you have to go to grasp at these ungodly straws?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Nah this expansion is actually pretty awful. It's not as bad as WoD, but it's still pretty bad. Class balance is the worst it's been in probably a decade, which is compounded by their emphasis on pushing the group finder tool with Mythics and N EN pugs - There are not just specs but entirely classes where pugging isn't viable because of the reputation that the class has due to balancing issues.

Actually the manual group finding nature of Mythic dungeons is what is going to kill the feature because at the moment if you're DPS and even if you're one of the classes / specs that is considered "viable" it''s pretty interesting trying to get into a group. I won the class lottery by selecting hunter and choosing to play marks, I can get into groups pretty well, but my DK alt? Hah. My friend who chose to play a warlock? Nope. And the WoW subreddit and official forums are filled with people complaining about how much of a cockblock Mythic dungeons requiring manual group finding for the minimal difficulty. For your average and even somewhat above average player Mythics are way too inaccessible, and yet there is such a focus on them. The game literally shoves you in that direction.

Same with Normal mode raids. Want to pug? Same issue as Mythics. Want to join a guild? Good luck. Want to just run LFR like you've done for the past 3 expansions? Well now you've got quests, for cosmetics mind you, that you can't do unless you hop into normal+. Fun times.

Well at least you can log in every day and do that artifact power grind so that your weapon can be more powerful for that content that you don't get to do.

At least it will get better over time right? No, it actually gets worse with each passing week. As the average item level of players goes up, the average ilevel requirement for pugs does as well.

But at least you can still PvP. Or not, the balance there is still awful.

So while I'm not having any issues doing Mythic dungeons on my main and I've pugged a bit of normal EN, I totally understand why all of my casual friends have stopped playing, why all of my friends that are anything less than super hardcore have stopped playing. That 10 million player number recently? That has definitely dropped rapidly since launch.

As far as expansions go I feel that this one will be the one with the absolute lowest amount of casual engagement, and as subs plummet Blizzard will panic (again) and casualize the shit out of everything to win them back, and then nobody will be happy.

All they really had to do was add Mythic to the LFD tool but keep Mythic+ set up the way that Mythic currently is - And consolidate LFR and Normal, but make it queue-able. Normal is honestly not difficult, and while it would be uncomfortable for LFR players for a few weeks until they realized they'd have to pay attention to mechanics, it would eventually sort itself out.
    so hows it feel being the extreme minority here?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Honestly I think Blizzcon is the stage where you announce your next game / x-pac, indeed.
    yep, 7.1 just came out, still 4 more patches coming, better anounce 8.0 2 years before its release
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    No expansion announcement, more talk about 7.2 or what's coming in that direction. 2017 will be the next expansion announcement.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect some form of info for the future of Legion. But the next xpac? No, it's faaaar too soon. We're what, a month and a half month into Legion?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    You won't really see much on the next expansion until 2018ish.
    Late 2017. Maybe Gamescom?

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Love the bosses on hc. Normal is a tad bit to easy. Il'gynoth is the best encounter, can't wait to try it on mythic.
    Normal is better tuned for its intended audience than it was at the start of WoD (or MoP). The tuning here is not a mistake.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Yeah it seems way too early for that, it will be interesting to see what they do present/unveil.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    If you have tons of time to play what's stopping you from having multiple alts already. I have 3 characters at 110 with high 840 ilevels as well as a full time job and other things to take me away from warcraft. Also if you have tons of time to play then you'll not be seeing your class order hall unless you're essentially afking in there instead of leveling an alt or doing world quests.

15+ Year Old Account
    People expect too much.
    Probably some 7.2 info, nothing specific as it's still "work in progress". If we're lucky then some vague 7.3 info, but I doubt they would say more than a couple of meanings about 7.3. It's too far in the future.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Nah, they will announce it next Blizzcon. But funny...am I feeling a sentiment of "now content is announced and released too soon" here

- - - Updated - - -

Wow..now that really caught me off guard. So if Legion is pretty awful (but not as bad as WoD) - tell us what your favourite x-pac was. I am seriously curious now.

- - - Updated - - -

...according to a reply I got to one of my posts, only if Legion turns into an unmitigated disaster...
    nah, im all for 7.1, coming out this early, im just so confused with the amount of people actuallty saying we may see a new wow expansion, 7.2 and 7.3 at blizzcon, 7.2 i can see a possability, but 7.3....?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Lol, pathetic.
    Such a constructive reply.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    If you have tons of time to play what's stopping you from having multiple alts already. I have 3 characters at 110 with high 840 ilevels as well as a full time job and other things to take me away from warcraft. Also if you have tons of time to play then you'll not be seeing your class order hall unless you're essentially afking in there instead of leveling an alt or doing world quests.
    I have three alts, same as you.

The biggest announcement will probably be some major legacy support for Diablo 2 and Starcraft 1. Players need to jump through a lot of hoops to get these games to run on Windows 10. We might get a remastered D2 for win 10.

I think they are aiming at a legacy division with win 10 support for D2, SC1, and vanilla WoW.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    There'll be an anouncment for a new expansion for D3, calling it since there is 2 seasons without any new content .....

Don't think so about a new expansion right now for WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal is better tuned for its intended audience than it was at the start of WoD (or MoP). The tuning here is not a mistake.
    Yeah, I guess the HC / a bit mythic Crowd wasn't really the intended Audience for Normal. You have to mind the mechanics, that's for sure, but mistakes are not brutally punishing. Guess the casual raider will have a blast in normal raids now, and probably dabble a bit in hc for extra kicks.

Like the tuning so far, let's see how ToV and NH are turning out

Most likely they'll announce the end boss of Legion or what their plans are. At this rate, they can keep adding content without even having to boost the lvl of a player. I think they'll announce a new Diablo expansion, Overwatch holiday events, Hearthstone expansion, and possible new toon with HOTS. Perhaps a glimpse of their new unannounced project.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarnova View Post
    Forget another expansion, I need WoW to end. Sick of this MMORPG and I'm ready for Star Citizen. I want a brand new Warcraft RTS taking place immediately after Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne, and a Warcraft Adventure refined and completed, taking place between the events of Warcraft II - Tides of Darkness and Warcraft III - Reign of Chaos.
    just download outsiderEXs Lord of the Clans. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/...e-clans.80448/

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The biggest announcement will probably be some major legacy support for Diablo 2 and Starcraft 1. Players need to jump through a lot of hoops to get these games to run on Windows 10. We might get a remastered D2 for win 10.

I think they are aiming at a legacy division with win 10 support for D2, SC1, and vanilla WoW.
    They're hiring openly for remastered D2, SC and WIII. The only "major" announcement that I would expect is that they're ready to play, now.