Page 37 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Do we have anything like the WW monk guide, which says how many ilvls does the relic need to have to outweight certain traits?

Also interested about which food is better and how much more dps does the Deadly Grace pot gives me compared to WoD one
    Last edited by Slashkill; 2016-10-13 at 03:56 PM.

These relic sims, assume RB?
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

I need some advices for Xavius fight;

When he's going to phase 2, what do you do as destro / demo lock if you have the dreamstate debuff? I couldn't really dps the boss because I have to move around to kill those adds and soak those pools. Maybe I could throw 1-2 chaos bolts per wave of adds to boss via havoc...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Number1gentleman View Post

When he's going to phase 2, what do you do as destro / demo lock if you have the dreamstate debuff? I couldn't really dps the boss because I have to move around to kill those adds and soak those pools. Maybe I could throw 1-2 chaos bolts per wave of adds to boss via havoc...
    I let the melees do the running and soaking pools savely nuking xavius and the adds with havoc from afar haha

Depends on your group set up and what you have been asked to do. Handling mechanics>Boss DPS for my group. However, our more mobile classes are asked to soak puddles (though of course depends on who is in the dream). Like you say with Havoc if you DPS adds then you DPS boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    I let the melees do the running and soaking pools savely nuking xavius and the adds with havoc from afar haha
    hey yea lol, apparently that was I thought too... but I was afraid that someone would notice me tunneling on the boss

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Depends on your group set up and what you have been asked to do. Handling mechanics>Boss DPS for my group. However, our more mobile classes are asked to soak puddles (though of course depends on who is in the dream). Like you say with Havoc if you DPS adds then you DPS boss.
    aiiight thanks, imma just tell my RL that more mobile classes should do the soaking mechanic since I've provided free cookies and summons.

Deleted
    You should still try to cap your insanity (or whatever its called) during the dream to get the juicy damage increase for 20 secs

Melee shouldn't have to move to soak far off pools, you're costing the raid far more dps by having a melee sit out of melee range than you are by moving to the pool as range DPS.

Melee are brought to cleave, quickly burst priority targets, interrupts, and sit on the boss. Ranged always deal with more mechanics due to the flexibility of range.

If you want to pick a bone with movement, just ask your mages/shadow priests/hunters to move instead since they are so much more mobile.

Warlocks just pay too much of a "lore and trade off tax" compared to other classes. This is far and away the number one problem. Either most others need to pay more for less in harsher trade offs with their specs/talents or locks need to ease the tax. It will never balance until this happens without us being OP to offset but then you get a demo situation of power to stand up to some other specs but not the mechanics for it to realistically do so in harder content.

Not to mention higher level content of all sorts still favors mobility over durability. Plus nobody has yet mentioned that warlocks get far less from a deadly grace or blessing of might than others since those don't interact with pets. This is especially punitive as demo given its damage sources but also destro as anything but gosac. But even destro' rifts are pets per mechanics. These things aren't huge just another reason we are generally less favorable than our peers in the meta game right now.

Remember the ICC buff not working with pets which screwed us back then. Or al'akir where gosac would dispel and pets instantly fell to their death? The list goes on and the fact they still can't balance this better is their failing. If blizz doesn't perceive things like that as problems shows they don't really empathize with the player base wanting what is a Ph.D. worth of playtime becoming a second rate customer/player... They want us to subscribe to class identity and such but hard to do when you are a numerical minority who gets treated like a discriminated against minority from decades past. TLDR = if you want us to buy in to lore and the class fantasy aspect of an mmo don't make us significantly less than our peers.

Forget what they said as much as the tone in which blizz has responded to locks since probably wotlk alpha. Now compare how they address community Mage, hunter, pally, etc issues. Even if it's bad news they explain. Not troll like Cel or Ion. Locks are basically presumed OP until proven broken. Mages are OP and everyone looks the other way like the legal system and some of our politicians. You know they are guilty and they just get a pass time after time...

Deleted

Should be able to reach the pools easily unless the group is killing the adds a mile out, in which case that's their fault and they can soak it themselves.

I usually struggle to hit 100 corruption to get the damage buff, started soaking the small adds in P1 regardless of my dream state to get there consistently.

Deleted
    Just got my cloak so I got that going for me. Anyone has a WA or addon that can track the duration left on the last havoc casted?

I think I am the only one in the game with zero legendaries.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Yep I can confirm that. Everybody has a legendary but you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    No you're not.

i have yet to get one... im destro ... RIP ..

on the other hand the demo lock in my guild has 3..fml

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Not to mention higher level content of all sorts still favors mobility over durability. Plus nobody has yet mentioned that warlocks get far less from a deadly grace or blessing of might than others since those don't interact with pets
    To be fair, we don't actually suffer from pets not benefiting from might, the pally does as it counts under their damage, not ours.

Deleted
    Hey. We are a noob guild and are progressing on dragons hc atm and i am using havoc talent and i am trying to havoc the bosses alot but it doesnt seem to work well with the mark debuff..How do u guys do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Aumi View Post
    Hey. We are a noob guild and are progressing on dragons hc atm and i am using havoc talent and i am trying to havoc the bosses alot but it doesnt seem to work well with the mark debuff..How do u guys do it?
    On heroic you can literally just stand max range of the dragon you don't want to get debuffs from and it won't debuff you.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

My guild tends to keep the dragons too far apart so I save a couple of instants just run over a couple of seconds before expiry and then come back. (Staying too far in the middle ends up causing trouble with adds or for heals/dispells). You could just Havoc everything else and when the dragons swap over if you are having too much trouble keeping up 100% on both. Do what works for you and your guild.

Does anyone know how much the Chrono Shard 2 set bonus is worth?

For me it would mean going from a 865 Crit-Haste neck to a 845 Vers-Mast with socket.

Deleted
    I have a question regarding the trinkets for destruction warlock.
    Currently I use a 840 Chrono Shard and 865 Swarming Plaguehive.
    I have the following other trinkets I could use:
    850 Wriggling Sinew
    855 Figurehead of the Naglfar
    840 Moonlit Prism
    850 Corrupted Starlight
    835 Devilsaur Shock-Baton
    855 Infernal Writ
    845 Oakheart’s Gnarled Root

Any advises for single target/cleave and AOE fights?
    In my opinion Infernal Writ is better than SP or Oakheart's at Dragons of Nightmare.