Poll: EN worst first tier

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nah it's ok... i just miss the story-telling behind it during the raid somehow... you just have Malfurion (i hate that guy after that thing with Ysera) in there as your ally, so no conversations at all or something to spice things up

but the mechanics are fun so far

Highmaul was pretty garbage tier. MSV was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    It has nothing to do with difficulty.
    When LFR is so trivial that it doesn't matter that one of the tanks have level 55 gear equipped (except for the weapon), it kinda does.

Edit: Link https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ps&sh=85bdd3b0
    Last edited by MrLordDariusCrowley; 2016-10-15 at 10:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Highmaul is probably the worst raid Blizz has ever made, boring aesthetics and fights all around. EN at least looks neat, but the boss fights do leave a little to be desired, however that's normal for the first raid.

Its a terrible excuse I see everytime. People aren't "Growing out of it". No one ever says this about any other hobby.

"Hey bob, I really don't enjoy fishing this spot on this river"
    "Do you think you're out growing fishing?"
    Except this can be a very viable reason. Example: I used to spend a lot of time and money on miniatures games, but the excitement in playing them and getting new stuff went away. Even new model releases, while they seemed great when first announced, were never enough to renew my love for the games.

Therefore, I grew out of them. Now, they collect dust in a closet while I find new interests. The exact same thing can and does apply here.

As for the topic, I don't have an issue with EN as a whole. It's kinda fun that the raid uses locations and mobs that have actually existed in the world as the setting and bosses (i.e. Ursoc and Grizzly Hills). I'm not particularly fond of the color palette for everything, but I understand why it is such. So I think it's fine and look forward to seeing Nighthold when that comes out as well.

I had a lot of fun in EN normal. Full cleared with guild our first week and we're an RP guild. LFR version is DAMMMNNN boring I'll say that. I think it's the easiest LFR ever, to be honest. They probably tuned the LFR version to be trash because the gear is trash. Seriously 835 when regular drops 850? I can get better gear in world quests or hell, equal gear in Heroic Dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kara by far is the worst. Followed by Highmaul.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    For once we agree, less is more (less mechanics but they can be unforgiving), though I wouldn't say EN is SIMPLE but it's a little more forgiving but at the same time it can be messed up easily.
    It felt simpler at any rate.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Kinda hard to compare it to most addons, since they experimented with the release schedule of raids alot over the years.

It feels very similiar to highmaul, which was a solid, but somewhat boring raid. EN has better story/bosses, but its mechanics are pretty bland too. So nothing to get too exited about but not bad.
    I think I liked mogushan vault a little better, since that one had decent storytelling and much more interesting bossfights. Hated HoF and Terrace though.
    Catas first tier was great. Lots of interesting mechanics. Lots of bosses. Lots of memorable bosses, too. Probably my favorite tier. But like I said, hard to compare the two raiding systems with each other.
    Oh and everything is better than copy&paste faceroll naxx of course. God I hate that place

So I guess lets discuss this again, when all of "tier" one is out?
    Last edited by owbu; 2016-10-15 at 10:39 PM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    OP you realize that you are comparing whole tiers to a single raid which is half of the first Legion tier, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    First off, it's not really tier 1.

Second off, it's the best pre-tier raid I've ever seen if you don't count Karazhan as pre-tier (and you shouldn't since it dropped tokens)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Kara by far is the worst. Followed by Highmaul.
    Kara by far is the best in many people's opinions. In terms of modern day gameplay it is incomparable and thus far more boring, but for it's time it was stupidly detailed and hyper creative. The theme and feel is like nothing WoW has seen since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

I still have no idea why we went to Highmaul and smacked seven shades of shit out of a bunch of Ogres who weren't invading our world... because it was there wasn't it?

Naxx was undertuned in the extreme.

Compared to those two EN is reasonably tuned and has excellent story reasons for us going in there, so you know as part 1 of the three parts of this tier it's doing quite well.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Because more mechanics made it more exciting. How'd that work out for WoD there Tr1n1ty?
    Pretty good. Half those fights were completely different due to mechanical changes. Made them very engaging and fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    I still have no idea why we went to Highmaul and smacked seven shades of shit out of a bunch of Ogres who weren't invading our world... because it was there wasn't it?
    We raided Highmaul because the ogres had allianced with the orc warlords. The first tier of WoD was all about weakening the warlords, which is why we infiltrated Highmaul and destroy the ogres. We then raided Blackrock Foundry not only to kill Blackhand, but also because that's their sole supply of weaponry such as siege engines, cannons and other regular weapons. The ogres were just a big threat, but were quite vulnerable. We also happened to attack with the help of Cho'gall.

Also Highmaul was infinitely better tuned than EN could ever hope to accomplish. I can't grasp why you'd lump Naxxramas and Highmaul together. Might just be me from a Mythic POV where tuning is 200% more important than any prior difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Deavane View Post
    Pretty good. Half those fights were completely different due to mechanical changes. Made them very engaging and fun.
    People are still missing my goddamn point.

EN is just part of first tier and a good one.

Deleted
    EN is probably the worst raid ever released in wow in terms of boss mechanics since trial of the crusader during WOTLK (which was a filler raid).

The issue isn't that EN is easy, the issue is that the raid is neither interesting nor fun. At least naxxramas during wotlk was a pretty fun raid in terms of mechanics.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-10-15 at 11:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you presented me with the idea of some ogre kingdom vs the freaking emerald dream I would've thought the latter would've been far greater just by the possibilities alone. But.. turns out the Emerald dream sucks. The music inside is very one dimensional, the artstyle where they had a chance to really go dark (think how it looks in the mire NW of the dark portal.. build upon that) they turned it into some red mess with the final boss room looking unfinished. Topple that with nothing really interesting in terms of boss mechanics and there you have it.. to me a big boring failure.

I end up only liking Cenarius, as at least there are some choices to be made and it's quite intense as opposed to the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    A lot of people bitch about Naxx, but to 99% of the playerbase it was unseen content.
    It's not so much that, it was also a slightly terrible and dated raid that reflected very little back on how late TBC raids had progressed in terms of mechanics and aesthetics.

Tbh we haven't had a good launch raid since TBC, arbitrary only counting T4 as "launch" for the sake of argument, which is kind of sad. Highmaul comes the closest for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    If you think this is worse than cata first tier just because cata had "more", you have no fucking clue what you are going on about.
    Cata's first tier was great

Nah.

Highmaul is easily the worst entry raid they've done so far; very visually unappealling and mechanically simplistic. However, most of the entry level raids tend to be on the easy side and get harder. Emerald Nightmare so far is fine IMO.