Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Sooo mastery > haste/crit ?

Just raided with a spriest who topped charts in every encounter, on HC xavius he did 350k dps meanwhile I did 250k. I am by no means a good spriest, I can get to 90-100 stacks, my haste is 35% and crit is 20%, I probably should be pulling better numbers but this guy has 80% mastery and he did a much better dps with much less effort (no stm).

Thoughts?

If you are running STM and you are losing to a shadow priest without STM, you are doing something terribly, terribly wrong.

To answer your question: Mastery becomes better than haste and crit, once you reach the breaking point of 12.000 haste as simulated on how to ptiest.

Concerning your performance, you are way too low. I have similar stats and I managed to pull 436.000 dps on Xavius. I even messed up the first S2M and only spent like 1 min in it. I would like to post a log, but I can't post any links yet.

Deleted
    :O Then I guess I suck terribly, but I have no idea what am I doing wrong. My dots are up most of the time, I use PI at 70-80 stacks and thats about it... This particular StM was quite shitty 'cuz I messed up some things, but sometimes I feel like my StM went well but dps isn't that amazing...

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports.../#type=summary

Please tell me why I am bad, name is Leoppard.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eoppard/simple
    Last edited by mmocc5c4f76316; 2016-10-15 at 09:23 PM.

Deleted
    For one, you are using Mark of the Hidden Satyr. The Haste/Crit proc ench is way better. Other than that, unlucky procs of your Shadowy spirit thingies it seems, and less Voidform spam, seems you do not have the 2'nd Gold trait, and he went with a different talent build. And prolly played overall way way waaaay better ontop of that. Many things stack up.

Did they max corruption twice? Did you? If you or they did were all your cds used while at 100% letting you double dip on cds?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by SwedetasticGames View Post
    For one, you are using Mark of the Hidden Satyr. The Haste/Crit proc ench is way better. Other than that, unlucky procs of your Shadowy spirit thingies it seems, and less Voidform spam, seems you do not have the 2'nd Gold trait, and he went with a different talent build. And prolly played overall way way waaaay better ontop of that. Many things stack up.
    ok i'm taking the bait, find me a log where Mark of the Claw is out performing hidden satyr at top end level play.

For OP:

One, the other Spriest you are talking about DID use Surrender to Madness. infact he used it TWICE like you are supposed to on that fight. (You can use it while dreaming and when you 'die' you just come out of dreamstate)

Two: Your times between voidforms are abnormally long. Really hurts your DPS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    ok i'm taking the bait, find me a log where Mark of the Claw is out performing hidden satyr at top end level play.

For OP:

One, the other Spriest you are talking about DID use Surrender to Madness. infact he used it TWICE like you are supposed to on that fight. (You can use it while dreaming and when you 'die' you just come out of dreamstate)

Two: Your times between voidforms are abnormally long. Really hurts your DPS
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I had no idea I can use it in dream :O That's good to know. I will work on my voidforms, thank you :3

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingFear View Post
    :O Then I guess I suck terribly, but I have no idea what am I doing wrong. My dots are up most of the time, I use PI at 70-80 stacks and thats about it... This particular StM was quite shitty 'cuz I messed up some things, but sometimes I feel like my StM went well but dps isn't that amazing...

Please tell me why I am bad, name is Leoppard.

Well for one, you only used S2M once. You can use it twice on Xavius. Second: you used S2M way too late. You were doing about 1.3m DPS during S2M but it only lasted about 1 min, before the fight was over. You should have it last about 1:50 min at least.

Also you did not multidot any tentacles, which are a big DPS boost in the third phase. You can keep dots up on about 3-4 tentacles + Xavius. That's about 100-200k with the amount of void stacks you should have built up by now.

You should be using Mind Sear with 2+ targets as well. It seems like you only used it two times according to the log. It generates more insanity on 2+ targets and does more damage than Mind Flay.

To add to this you skilled Void Sphere instead of Call to the Void, which is REALLY bad. Could you show us your full Artifact skills?

Quote Originally Posted by PMSwedetasticGames
    For one, you are using Mark of the Hidden Satyr. The Haste/Crit proc ench is way better.
    Not true at all. They are about the same, with Satyr being slightly ahead.
    Last edited by Kryt0s; 2016-10-15 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryt0s View Post
    Off topic but to clear it up, relying on the extra haste + crit during StM is a bad idea, same reason Chrono Shard is bad for StM. It could be great, but it's just not worth the risk. That and the fact Satyr is more consistent and doesn't mess up your mojo makes it better.

Deleted
    Well for one, you only used S2M once. You can use it twice on Xavius. Second: you used S2M way to late. You were doing about 1.3m DPS during S2M but it only lasted about 1 min, before the fight was over. You should have it last about 1:50 min at least.

Also you did not multidot any tentacles, which are a big DPS boost in the third phase. You can keep dots up on about 3-4 tentacles + Xavius. That's about 100-200k with the amount of void stacks you should have built up by now.

You should be using Mind Sear with 2+ targets as well. It seems like you only used it two times according to the log. It generates more insanity on 2+ targets and does more damage than Mind Flay.

To add to this you skilled Void Sphere instead of Call to the Void, which is REALLY bad. Could you show us your full Artifact skills?

Sorry I am not a good player, I didn't think of dotting tentacles to generate insanity, raid leaders screams focus boss so I did ;p I will keep that in mind. Yeah usually I use mind sear on 2+ targets but it was a bit awkward as (I think) the only time to use is in phase 2, but adds were spread too far. I have 22 traits http://pasteboard.co/fpx4QgHPM.png I regret taking the Sphere of Insanity, description looked interesting so I took it.

Which trinket is better, base devilsaur shock baton or nightborne researcher's phial 850 (+1,2k int, 900 haste).

Sorry I am not a good player, I didn't think of dotting tentacles to generate insanity, raid leaders screams focus boss so I did ;p I will keep that in mind. Yeah usually I use mind sear on 2+ targets but it was a bit awkward as (I think) the only time to use is in phase 2, but adds were spread too far. I have 22 traits I regret taking the Sphere of Insanity, description looked interesting so I took it.

Which trinket is better, base devilsaur shock baton or nightborne researcher's phial 850 (+1,2k int, 900 haste).
    Your way to Mass Hysteria was the right choice, at least if you are focusing on raiding. After that you should have gone Thoughts of Insanity > Touch of Darkness > CALL TO THE VOID > Sinister Thoughts (Big one, considering Void Bolt does the third most damage) > Creeping Shadows > Sphere of Insanity.

There is a Weakauras Aura, that will show you how much enemies you are hitting with mind sear. It reaches a lot further, than you might think.

DSB is a pretty good trinket. I'm using it with the Unstable Arcanocrystal but planing to swap it for a Swarming Plaguehive. Since you already have that one, I would go for a stat stick. Not too sure on that one though. BiS with Plaguehive would be the Arcanocrystal. You should check out the BiS trinket list on howtopriest[dot]com.
    Last edited by Kryt0s; 2016-10-15 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedetasticGames View Post
    You are wrong. Hidden Satyr is the best enchant, as it's procs scale out of control with our huge haste.
    Last edited by Rumstein; 2016-10-16 at 02:06 AM.

Deleted
    Sorry I am not a good player, I didn't think of dotting tentacles to generate insanity, raid leaders screams focus boss so I did ;p I will keep that in mind. Yeah usually I use mind sear on 2+ targets but it was a bit awkward as (I think) the only time to use is in phase 2, but adds were spread too far. I have 22 traits http://pasteboard.co/fpx4QgHPM.png I regret taking the Sphere of Insanity, description looked interesting so I took it.

You don't get extra insanity for having multiple sets of dots running (at least not until tier sets), dotting tentacles outside of mythic is just DPS whoring.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    You don't get extra insanity for having multiple sets of dots running (at least not until tier sets), dotting tentacles outside of mythic is just DPS whoring.
    Bro you might want to get as instead of si then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Bro you might want to get as instead of si then.
    True, i forgot that, but still you waste decent amount of damage keeping them up with VB. Not to mention the original question in the thread about haste, it does not really matter if you can get your third VT at the breakpoint.

True, i forgot that, but still you waste decent amount of damage keeping them up with VB. Not to mention the original question in the thread about haste, it does not really matter if you can get your third VT at the breakpoint.
    How do you waste damage? You telling me that VB does less damage when you are not attacking your main target? /s

Deleted
    How do you waste damage? You telling me that VB does less damage when you are not attacking your main target? /s
    No, I'm telling that VB, dots and anything else does no damage if you're attacking a target that does not need to die.

No, I'm telling that VB, dots and anything else does no damage if you're attacking a target that does not need to die.
    It does however give you more insanity, which allows you to stay in voidform longer which in turn allows you to do more damage to your primary target. Anyways, someone who did not even know, that you gain insanity from dots with AS is really not qualified to contribute anything to the discussion.

Deleted
    Or instead of wasting VBs on it you can just dot whilst MB/VB are on CD, lose 0 damage and get a huge single target boost.