sin mythic plus build?

What are some good tips to help on mythic plus when running as sin? Since trash is the most time consuming; focusing more so around aoe/multi target seems key.

I have only heard of some sin rogues using Subterfuge (garrote as many targets as possible). And using Deadly poison on trash, but swapping to agonizing for the bosses.

i think you're better off with exsang than with agonizing for mythic +s, helps burs priority targets+bosses and you're gonna run with deadly poison for most of the run anyway

use subterfuge, spread garrote and deadly poison, then keep spreading rupture basically.

ah perfect; I was gonna say, swapping poisons would get annoying.

would you still just rupture ~3 times, then start FoK'ing and envenom?

Quote Originally Posted by RemJay24 View Post
    ah perfect; I was gonna say, swapping poisons would get annoying.

would you still just rupture ~3 times, then start FoK'ing and envenom?
    i'd only FoK to keep poisons up, otherwise Mutilate is a better generator unless you're hitting 4-5+targets
    and i'd rupture anything that i'd know would live through most of it, if it's 3 then it's 3 if it's 5 then it's 5

I've heard and tested (and seen from the best rogues) that you should use FoK for 3 targets and above. You need to be creative about when to stop if you are running a higher level Mythic with raging but in general I've found 3+ is a good guideline.

Best advice I can give to Mythic+ as assassination is using Subterfuge instead of Nightstalker, that early Garrote on 3+ targets gives the initial energy boost we need to setup Ruptures quickly

Quote Originally Posted by RemJay24 View Post
    What are some good tips to help on mythic plus when running as sin? Since trash is the most time consuming; focusing more so around aoe/multi target seems key.

I have only heard of some sin rogues using Subterfuge (garrote as many targets as possible). And using Deadly poison on trash, but swapping to agonizing for the bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizvok View Post
    I've heard and tested (and seen from the best rogues) that you should use FoK for 3 targets and above. You need to be creative about when to stop if you are running a higher level Mythic with raging but in general I've found 3+ is a good guideline.
    i dont know ive found that you need a lot of targets for fok to consistently grant more CPs than mutilate

mutilate will grant about 3 on average
    fok needs to crit on at least 2 targets for that to happen
    granted it's also cheaper
    but still
    on 3 targets i never felt right FoK ing for anything other than keeping up poisons
    obviously if the math's been done then it's been done, i havent really played assa in mythic+ outside of beta so im only going by memory here (altough that aspect of it has not changed a bit)

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    i dont know ive found that you need a lot of targets for fok to consistently grant more CPs than mutilate

mutilate will grant about 3 on average
    fok needs to crit on at least 2 targets for that to happen
    granted it's also cheaper
    but still
    on 3 targets i never felt right FoK ing for anything other than keeping up poisons
    obviously if the math's been done then it's been done, i havent really played assa in mythic+ outside of beta so im only going by memory here (altough that aspect of it has not changed a bit)
    Yeah the math has been done. 3 targets or more you FoK, otherwise you mutilate.

Deleted
    i prefer exsang over agonizing, and subterfuge over nightstalker.

on 3+ targets i garrote on 3 targets, fok>rupture 1 target(the one i garroted last)>exsang, fok>4+cp envenom>fok>4+cp envenom to fish for that juicy poison bomb proc. refresh bleeds so that i always have 2-4 rupture/garrotes up.

Deleted
    If you gonna use exsang over agonizing in M+ then should you focus more on Crit > Mast?

Great tips guys, gonna use them tonight. Had troubles in aoe DPS

ps how important is poison knives to your aoe dps, do you see an dp improvement? next 3 points will be those

I've found it pretty good! It get a little more viable on trash packs when the HP of the mobs goes up in higher levels.

MP is really good for trash and the garrote from stealth talent. Also use exang too, AP has a higher ramp up time.

Getting the legendary cloak helps heaps too because you get an opening burst.

Deleted
    You can go AP in Mythic+ but you should switch over to DP when fighting Adds and switch back to AP when fighting bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kappaklaus View Post
    You can go AP in Mythic+ but you should switch over to DP when fighting Adds and switch back to AP when fighting bosses.
    This. I run EP+AP for Mythic plus - Switch to DP for AoE pulls and you'll see a significant increase in damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I enjoy the the EP/Exsang build for Mythic+, but I switch to AP for raids. I consistently pull very good DPS (comparable to Monks w/ Bag of Tricks) on trash packs with 4+ adds by just using Garrote/Rupture combos on at least 3 targets. If you don't put Garrote on multiple mobs, it sort-of makes Subterfuge pointless. So def take advantage of the no cooldown on it.

I don't switch back to AP for bosses in Mythic+ though. While it is a dmg increase for bosses, I can't be bothered to use a tome right before each boss just to respec and change poisons. Doesn't feel good, rather annoying. Maybe once my guild starts doing more +10 keystones, but on +5-8 keystones I don't do it.
    I don't think anyone mentioned actually switching specs...just running EP+AP and switching to deadly poison for trash pulls then putting AP back on your weapon right before a boss fight.

I'm running EP, Subterfuge, Thuggee and AP (the rest standard)

Trash pulls go like this:

2 target:
    Garrote both
    mut
    rupture one
    vendetta one (for energy)
    mut 5-6 cps
    rupture second
    kingsbane vendetta'd target
    mut / envenom and keep both targets poisoned, refresh garrote on target with highest hp.

3+
    Garrotex3
    vendetta for energy
    rupture (3 point, for initial energy boost)
    fok + rupture on up to 5 targets (if its a 5+ pull, just put it on the 5 with highest hp)
    fok + envenom and go nuts

The purpose of running thuggee is so if you're chain pulling, as the first few mobs in the pull with subterfuged'd garrotes die, you can re-apply garrote, trigger its cd, then one of the first targets dies and resets its cd. it makes you a little less reliable on restealthing to start off a trash pull.

As others have mentioned, make sure you use DP for trash pulls and AP for bosses. With that talent set up I've been able to keep pace and even out dps the havoc / windwalker I run with (did a few +7's last week for reference). Then you just own face on boss fights because other then nighstalker, you've got your standard ST build. Another reason I like this build is it favors mastery a lot, and right now that's just where my gear is. It's a "manual" cleave build, as opposed to outlaw which is just blade flurry and do normal rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antines View Post
    I'm running EP, Subterfuge, Thuggee and AP (the rest standard)

Trash pulls go like this:

2 target:
    Garrote both
    mut
    rupture one
    vendetta one (for energy)
    mut 5-6 cps
    rupture second
    kingsbane vendetta'd target
    mut / envenom and keep both targets poisoned, refresh garrote on target with highest hp.

3+
    Garrotex3
    vendetta for energy
    rupture (3 point, for initial energy boost)
    fok + rupture on up to 5 targets (if its a 5+ pull, just put it on the 5 with highest hp)
    fok + envenom and go nuts

The purpose of running thuggee is so if you're chain pulling, as the first few mobs in the pull with subterfuged'd garrotes die, you can re-apply garrote, trigger its cd, then one of the first targets dies and resets its cd. it makes you a little less reliable on restealthing to start off a trash pull.

As others have mentioned, make sure you use DP for trash pulls and AP for bosses. With that talent set up I've been able to keep pace and even out dps the havoc / windwalker I run with (did a few +7's last week for reference). Then you just own face on boss fights because other then nighstalker, you've got your standard ST build. Another reason I like this build is it favors mastery a lot, and right now that's just where my gear is. It's a "manual" cleave build, as opposed to outlaw which is just blade flurry and do normal rotation.
    Do you have any tips for cycling through enemies? Tabbing fucks things up a lot of the time :s

Quote Originally Posted by VarroTigurius View Post
    Do you have any tips for cycling through enemies? Tabbing fucks things up a lot of the time :s
    I use tidy plates and whoever I have targeted, the name plate is spotlighted and bigger than the other that arent' selected. I usually tab target seeing who has rupture or not making it easy with that spot light scaling.

Helps when the DoTs are ticking away above the health bar.