10+ Year Old Account
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Msi/advanced

I am a newbie when it comes to Sin, could some 1 help me out and tell me if I should go into bleed or poison sin

Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Msi/advanced

I am a newbie when it comes to Sin, could some 1 help me out and tell me if I should go into bleed or poison sin
    At 107% Mastery, you should definitely be going AP.

Few questions (google docs doesn't mention it) for AP build:

1) Always rupture at 6CP, or only with vanish otherwise 5+ is fine?
    2) If you're not going to have 5 (or 6 depending on above question) CP before rupture falls off for whatever reason, is it worth putting on a 3 or 4 CP rupture rather than waiting 2-3 seconds without a rupture on your target?
    3) Is it bad to refresh a 6CP rupture with a 5CP rupture? Or isn't it a DPS loss? Not sure how pandemic works for this.
    4) Envenom at 4CP+ or 5CP+? I'm getting less DPS on training dummies at 4CP+ but that could just be RNG skewing the results.

I use the food that shoots fire, usually counts for 1-2% of my dps which I feel is better than 300 of a secondary stat.

i wondered. elaborate planning isnt a snapshot ability right ? so it pretty much just trying to get as much finishers as possible ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by classic username View Post
    i wondered. elaborate planning isnt a snapshot ability right ? so it pretty much just trying to get as much finishers as possible ?
    It is simple to test that out. Simply apply a rupture on the target dummy. EP is up ->rupture ticks higher, EP fades -> rupture ticks lower, reapply EP with envenom -> rupture ticks higher again until EP fades.

1) Always rupture at 6CP, or only with vanish otherwise 5+ is fine?
    2) If you're not going to have 5 (or 6 depending on above question) CP before rupture falls off for whatever reason, is it worth putting on a 3 or 4 CP rupture rather than waiting 2-3 seconds without a rupture on your target?
    3) Is it bad to refresh a 6CP rupture with a 5CP rupture? Or isn't it a DPS loss? Not sure how pandemic works for this.
    4) Envenom at 4CP+ or 5CP+? I'm getting less DPS on training dummies at 4CP+ but that could just be RNG skewing the results.
    1.) It's fine, the DPS loss is negligible and you don't want to risk overcapping your CP. One scenario when you want to wait is when you have a garrote in pandemic range so you can get a 6th CP for the rupture.
    2.) Rupture should never fall off (unless the boss mechanic prevents you from reapplying it). You should always manage your energy and cooldowns in a way so you can reapply it with at least 5 CP.
    3.) Pandemic has nothing to do with the damage, only with the duration. Snapshotting as such is gone.
    4.) I never get into the situation where I need to Envenom at 4 CP. Remember the energy cost for any finisher is constant, and getting more damage out of a single constant energy spender is always more worth it.

Don't waste CP, don't waste energy and you should be good to go.
    Last edited by mmoc9266682dcc; 2016-10-15 at 04:42 PM. Reason: missing word

New to Rogue and sims in general but trying to start using simcraft but something has come up and i dont know how to change it or if it is the case. My sim that i copy from the simcraft addon is telling me to use deadly grace potion instead of old war is there a way to change that in the sim or is deadly grace really the better option for assasination rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by harlynx View Post

2.) Rupture should never fall off (unless the boss mechanic prevents you from reapplying it). You should always manage your energy and cooldowns in a way so you can reapply it with at least 5 CP.
    Pinch stated on his stream yesterday that the optimal rotation is using finishing moves at 4 or more CP and Rupture is no exception.

Thoughts on that?

Hey guys, I have a couple of questions and I apologize if they've been answered before. I had switched over to Assassination after realizing my gear is pretty much perfect for the spec. Here are my current stats:

Crit: 42.54%
    Haste: 8.46%
    Mastery: 110.51%
    Versatility: 4.95%
    Legendaries: Insignia of Ravenholdt / Prydaz
    Artifact level: 22

1) What is currently the go-to spec for doing mythic dungeons? I'm currently running Exsang + Subterfuge to spam garrotes and use Exsang on priority targets like Pelters in NL. Ideally I'd like an answer for both lower level keys (2-5) and higher ones (7-12). My main concern is that with speccing into AP, my overall AOE will be even worse than what it is. Which leads me into my next question..

2) When I'm fighting against multiple targets, should I be using Mutilate or Fan of Knives? I ask because I currently have Insignia and Mutilate will cleave because of it. This is another reason why I'd feel like AP would be weaker because I can't spread AP stacks with Mutilate, and I can multi-dot everything with Deadly with one FoK cast. My Artifact weapon is 890 ilvl, by the way.

Big thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knj View Post
    Pinch stated on his stream yesterday that the optimal rotation is using finishing moves at 4 or more CP and Rupture is no exception.

Thoughts on that?
    High EP & Toxic Rush (Artifact Trait) uptime with the poison build.

+ Toxic Rush has a higher uptime (benefits Envenom and Kingsbane)
    + Increased Poison Bomb procrate (scales with mastery)
    + EP has a higher uptime
    + Even better with Vendetta legendary
    - Rupture 50% weaker compared to 5CP
    - Envenom 25% weaker compared to 5CP
    - Skews with Exsanguinate timing

Toxic Rush doesn't increase rupture damage though.
    So on the bleed build this might not be as effective. It would be interesting to see the percentage increase by going 4+ finishers, I don't think it is that much, since rupture is still the #1 damage source.
    Last edited by mmoc9266682dcc; 2016-10-15 at 09:41 PM.

Mythic + EP/Exs is the spec, I fan anything 2+ with 45% crit you'll get at least 2-3 combo points each FoK things die too fast. I'll only use EP/AP for raids.

Hey guys.

Having trouble what builds to play for this spec, one thing is I still dont have the gear for over 40% crit.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gavoltt/simple

This is my bleed spec right now at 36% crit and 12% Vers.

Then with my Mastery gear I have.

37% crit
    106% Mastery

Or I can go with

34% Crit
    122% Mastery

Now I don't have enchants on my mastery rings yet should I just enchant crit because my mastery is over 100%?

Just overwhelming on what build is best for me with my gear.

What do you guys think?

Edit: I just downloaded the new simcraft.

381871 with EP/EX
    367158 With EP/AP
    358246 with MP/AP

Now looks like bleed is my best build?
    Last edited by megavolt419; 2016-10-15 at 07:19 PM.

Deleted
    Hey guys. All the guides basicly say that vendetta cd relics arent that high priority, are the guides right? Cause right now i can choose between 860 3% rupture damage vs 850 10 sec vendetta CD, wich one is the best? If it makes any difference i have the legendary boots that lower vendetta cd by 1 sec per 50 energy spent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Top rogue parses suggest vendetta cd is superior

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by mackmode View Post
    Hey guys. All the guides basicly say that vendetta cd relics arent that high priority, are the guides right? Cause right now i can choose between 860 3% rupture damage vs 850 10 sec vendetta CD, wich one is the best? If it makes any difference i have the legendary boots that lower vendetta cd by 1 sec per 50 energy spent.
    Go 3x Vendetta relics.

Deleted
    Might be a stupid question but somebody once told me there arent stupid questions, just stupid answers. The legendary wrists do scale with AP right?

Quote Originally Posted by harlynx View Post
    3.) Pandemic has nothing to do with the damage, only with the duration. Snapshotting as such is gone.
    Yes but if I refresh a 6CP rupture with a 5CP rupture won't the carried over duration do less damage because it's ONLY carrying over the duration and not the damage? A 6CP rupture does more damage per tick than a 5CP rupture, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Plagor View Post
    Might be a stupid question but somebody once told me there arent stupid questions, just stupid answers. The legendary wrists do scale with AP right?
    They do not increase AP effectiveness, if that's what you ask

But the whole reason to use AP is to buff your bleeds/poisons/other skills

The bracer just buffs on top of the AP buff

Yes, totally worth it

anyone here is good with math ?

i'm trying to find out how beneficial would be to get more than 44% crit.

for me that's the cap we need. with Balanced Blades I have 50% mut crit with means that mutilate have:

25% to generates 2 points ( worst)
    50% to generates 3 points ( average)
    25% to generates 4 points ( best)

2 muts for full 6 combo or a 4 combo mut + evenenon for more EP uptime
    with is a big energy saving and dps increase

so anyone can do the math for more than 44%?

thanks in advanced.

@Pinch if you're still here. Would you use

1) 845 Vendetta relic + 850 Vendetta relic
    2) 880 Rupture crit relic + 865 Rupture relic

I don't have the 3rd Vendetta relic yet, sadly, and I'm wondering if it's worth it to switch over to the Vendetta, even though the 1:10 cooldown will be awkward.
    Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US