Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I kinda hope (though I HIGHLY doubt) that they will stop after everything on Azeroth has been cleared, let the game stay that way for a while

Boom, WoW2. It would seem like the perfect time to do a complete overhaul before we move on to space stuff like Argus, Void Lords, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Here's the problem - you're expecting to wrap up Sargeras and the Void Lords in one expansion. i don't think that even at their most creative, hiring some of the best fantasy authors still living to pitch in, they could pull that off in a way that would be believable or entertaining.

We don't even know where Sargeras IS. We (Azeroth) have never seen him, face to face, only his avatar. We don't know that he's killable, as he's not a Titan anymore. Azeroth might not be enough to hold him in his real form - and you think one planet of beings - fresh off the heels of a war on another planet, and a devestating invasion by the Legion, is going to go wipe that out? And the "uncounted" planets he holds as well?

If Blizzard tried to pull that off I'd laugh my ass off at them and never take them seriously again as content producers.

Besides, they've telegraphed with the comic showing an old Anduin still fighting the Legion that we have a long ways to go, to end the current WoW storyline.

Don't get me wrong, there's breadcrumbs in the game for the conflict to escalate - the remnants of the Army Of Light are focusing on Azeroth, Velen's son is being called out as being very important in that regard, Velen is going back to Argus (which is kind of silly, there hasn't been enough time to rebuild his forces and his people to do more than annoy the Legion there), but it's going to be small steps towards that. I wouldn't be surprised if the devs have no intentions of there ever being a face to face confrontation with Sargeras, at least not in WoW. At least not one that we win. More likely is that we take out Kil'jeaden this time, and deal with his replacements in later expansions.

Besides, the artifacts are not weapons that make those who wield them gods or titans. They're just really powerful weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

We kill Kil'jeaden. As payback, Sargeras corrupts Illidan (more), and replaces Archimonde and Kil'jeaden with Illidan. Who knows more about both factions than is comfortable.

That's a Kosak level plot twist - wouldn't surprise me at all.
    I didn't say they're going to do it all in one expansion.

Blizzard is really bad about the whole "So you're fighting this Old God... But he's only at uh... 5% power!" or when we fight Kil'jaeden "Oh he's only sticking halfway out of the portal, he isa WAY stronger in person!". They are basically milking what they have so they can use it again and again and again.

The entire Warlords expansion was testament to their inability to think up new, creative things. They wanted to bring back old bosses we'd already killed either in WOW or in previous titles like Warcraft 2 and 3. They'll bring back old gods again, thats why they wanted to force down our throat that we can't actually "kill" them. They'll bring back kil'jaeden again and eventually sargeras because they want to milk it for as long as possible.

But there comes a point where when you're killing gods and god-like entities, that you can no longer have an engaging or involving experience piddling around killing moose and kicking fish because you are so far beyond that. If you've ever played D&D, it's why campaigns get boring when they last long enough for you to hit level 20 and get all of your abilities because you escalate to levels where you can fight immensely powerful beings and simple bandits and political squabbles don't really mean much anymore when you're slaying dragons by the dozen, fighting a kraken, battling gods, etc.

Power Creep is real. We've already fought very powerful entities and it feels more and more silly every time we start a new expansion and start fighting animals in the woods and crap like that again. You can only suspend disbelief so much. Having a new enemy that we have to kill, lore-wise it kind of has to be on par or stronger than these other things we've already killed or else defeating them would just be trivial lore-wise.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We already know the origin of the cosmos.

So... maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    New stuff will pop up. Just depends what happens at the end of Legion.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Some classes are wearing artifact items of immense power that were used by Sargeras himself, as well as those who defeated his avatar/wounded him.
    I just don't see how there can be any other weapons known in existance that are more powerful.
    There are definitely a couple more expansions left in WoW, we still have to deal with the thing that actually made Sargeras go mad, but lorewise, we're wearing the most powerful weapons ever created and there's not much lore left.
    They are removing old characters, good and bad, from the game. It does seems like they are preparing for a new chapter in the game.

Maybe they will do a StarGate style. Portals are created to new worlds after defeating the legion. They need to provide new landmass and given both the Alliance and Horde and ocean going vessels and airships, it is rather far fetch to discover yet another hidden continent.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Strong female leads? Say hello to Sylvanas
    And who else? That's my point.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    They're running out of big-bads for us to challenge. The last ones that remain are the most powerful and/or most dangerous.
    Anyone can become a big bad. Just ask Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    If you've ever played D&D, it's why campaigns get boring when they last long enough for you to hit level 20 and get all of your abilities because you escalate to levels where you can fight immensely powerful beings and simple bandits and political squabbles don't really mean much anymore when you're slaying dragons by the dozen, fighting a kraken, battling gods, etc.
    Yeah, playing through Highmountain on my DK last night I couldn't help but make fun of the situation. Here I am, this Deathlord who's pivotal in the war against the Legion, artifact weapon in hand that no one else can handle, and I'm still concerned about murlocs and kobolds. Adding to the amusement is my bodyguard, who I battled against my own faction to release from imprisonment, and I'm thinking, "This is what you signed up for, isn't it?"

I mean, I get why the questing experience is the way it is, but that doesn't make it any less ridiculous when compared to how your class campaign treats you. Plus, thanks to scaling combined with Blizzard wanting the game to be more difficult, I can easily be overwhelmed by said murlocs and kobolds if I'm not careful, which just makes me think they're the ones Azeroth should be focusing on recruiting since an army of murlocs or kobolds is clearly worth way more than one of me! :P
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I really hope so. It's time to pull the plug on the game. One more expansion with Sargeras as the final boss would be perfect. Then shift focus to a new mmo, hopefully a sandbox.

But that won't happen. They'll milk this game forever, and clearly Blizzard has no interest in making mmos anymore.

Deleted
    They might present a new MMO as a 'expansion' but in a new game, but it won't happen, too many players have an interest in WoW

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Anyone can become a big bad. Just ask Garrosh.
    infused with one of the 4 major old gods that predate WoW.

So not really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    And who else? That's my point.
    Yrel / Tyrande/ Azshara soon / Lady Liiadrin/ Jaina/ The Grand Magistrix of the Nightborn

Shall we talk about Blizzards other product where the main person of the story is Kerrigan a female or Nova?

Yrel / Tyrande/ Azshara soon / Lady Liiadrin/ Jaina/ The Grand Magistrix of the Nightborn
    I'm not debating female representation. Yes, there is more than one prominent female in WoW lore (barely :P), but that doesn't automatically equate to a strong character.

While I do believe they did a (shockingly) good job with Yrel, she was only around for one expansion. Tyrande's character has been in rapid decline ever since they brought Malfurion back. She's essentially been reduced to little more than 'wifey'. They've given the crazy treatment to both Jaina and Maiev thus reducing their integrity (not to mention Maiev being all about Illidan). Azshara also falls under that banner as far as I'm concerned. Lady Liadrin only seems to appear during paladin quest lines or as a background/side character.

I think they have a lot of opportunity with Tess Greymane and Lorna Crowley (who we're just now seeing again after almost 6 years), but given Blizzard's history of writing for women I have my doubts. Same goes for Moira Thaurissan, so much potential to be a true badass if they'd explore it.

I like Kor'vas, but it remains to be seen if she'll last more than one expansion.

At any rate, I've long felt that Blizzard's writers should create characters as male first and gender swap them later. Tyrande and Jaina have to be the most infuriating for me. They're become caricatures. Even Sylvanas has been walking a very thin line since Cata and the fact that she is the #1 response to the question of name a strong female lead in WoW is telling.

So not really.

- - - Updated - - -

Shall we talk about Blizzards other product where the main person of the story is Kerrigan a female or Nova?
    There is always something to infuse anyone to give them power.

MoP focused mostly on o e of the four old gods. WoD was primarily to bring GulDan back and bridge their newest lore revision and it also gave us Archimondes final death.
    Is Archimonde considered permanently dead? In Mythic mode he teleports you back to Draenor when he gets to 1HP, meaning you didn't destroy his true form in the Twisting Nether, but merely his avatar on Draenor.

Unless I heavily misunderstood something, to me it looked like Archimonde is still alive.

So not really.
    He was the big bad because of what he did, not because of the power he gained by doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    Is Archimonde considered permanently dead? In Mythic mode he teleports you back to Draenor when he gets to 1HP, meaning you didn't destroy his true form in the Twisting Nether, but merely his avatar on Draenor.

Unless I heavily misunderstood something, to me it looked like Archimonde is still alive.
    yes devs stated hes dead dead but cinematic didnt convey it well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    He was the big bad because of what he did, not because of the power he gained by doing so.
    doesnt matter the sha and the the hearts power is the driving force behind the expansion.

WIthout the Heart. No maloriak/ no paragons / no super garrosh /

doesnt matter the sha and the the hearts power is the driving force behind the expansion.

WIthout the Heart. No maloriak/ no paragons / no super garrosh /
    He'd just have gotten something else instead. The heart didn't drive the story, it was merely a tool. Garrosh's ambition was the driving force.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    He'd just have gotten something else instead. The heart didn't drive the story, it was merely a tool. Garrosh's ambition was the driving force.
    Perhaps but it was the power of the dead old god that enticed him in 5.1 and 5.4

yes devs stated hes dead dead but cinematic didnt convey it well.
    Do you have a source on that? I couldn't find anything about it and am getting quite confused.

Perhaps but it was the power of the dead old god that enticed him in 5.1 and 5.4
    Your point being? He went to Pandaria to look for power. He found some and abused it. What that power is isn't even relevant to the story.