I'm gonna have nightmares with the "false" soon..

I got mine 2 days ago. I farmed for about 3 hours at a target dummy, then about 4.5 hours in Proving Grounds. The ghoul that spawned the dialogue and journal came from Apoc (I was using AotD, too). I had AK 8. Can also verify that the, "true / false" macro DOES work, despite a few people saying it doesn't.

Good luck, fellow Death Knights. Suffer well.

Why doesn't someone start a new thread with just the information on how to get it.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the true false macro?

Quote Originally Posted by Eruntien View Post
    Why doesn't someone start a new thread with just the information on how to get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't be lazy, . Just start going back pages until you find it.

Over the past week I've farmed up hidden appearances on my lock and shaman. Still nothing on my DK after I dunno how many hours of Proving grounds spamming.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruntien View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I've put up a lengthy summary (oxymoron?) on the items page on Wowhead (http://www.wowhead.com/item=139548/t...-hook#comments), but it didn't garner enough votes to keep it near the top, so I doubt many are seeing it. I also spent several additional hours turning it into a guide for Wowhead, but they haven't given it the stamp yet. I was going to post it here when it went live, and ask the OP to add it to help quell the endless questions that are going on here. In the meantime, you can refer to my comment, or even Leviatharan's, which has the script and most of the relevant info as well (and IS upvoted).

I suppose if you were going to check there, you wouldn't have asked here anyway...meh it was worth a shot.

Got a question - does the macro "remember" if the orc spawned after logout? Lets say he spawned, i didnt noticed (whatever reason) and next day would it give me false or true message?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Got a question - does the macro "remember" if the orc spawned after logout? Lets say he spawned, i didnt noticed (whatever reason) and next day would it give me false or true message?
    Yes, when testing others' macros (for the guide) that I didn't use myself when farming, the check script was coming up True, days after I had gotten the Hook.

Quote Originally Posted by MilesofMachines View Post
    Yes, when testing others' macros (for the guide) that I didn't use myself when farming, the check script was coming up True, days after I had gotten the Hook.
    Awesome, thank you kind sir.

someone should update the first post with all the /script and /run commands...

Did anyone here unlock the 100 dungeon color variant, the script is not showing correctly and i wonder if the real tracking could also be broken.

15+ Year Old Account
    Roughly 80h+ of farming and still nothing (AP23, AK9)....

I gave up, I just play as usual.

I only farmed like 10 or 12 hours but already annoyed by the dropp rate. I went over to do normal stuff. quest and PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Asaliah View Post

man that is terrible, where are you farming? On target dummies or proving grounds? Have you run the script to see if you might have not gotten the journal? if it says false, keep farming, if the script says TRUE, go to ICC and claim your Bonereaper.

put this in a macro to see if it is true or false.
    #showtooltip
    /cast Apocalypse
    /script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44188))

I barely have enough time to do my daily wq, heroic en and mythic + duties every week so I'm no way gonna waste my time sitting and farming this appearance for hours on end in pg's. I'm just gonna play regularly and every once in a long while press the true/false macro to see if I spawned the orc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aneska View Post
    man that is terrible, where are you farming? On target dummies or proving grounds? Have you run the script to see if you might have not gotten the journal? if it says false, keep farming, if the script says TRUE, go to ICC and claim your Bonereaper.

put this in a macro to see if it is true or false.
    #showtooltip
    /cast Apocalypse
    /script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44188))
    Hi !

Yup using everything from order all dummies to PG with spam in instance lol

Bah I also never have any mount dropped in raid while farming with 10 toons for a lot of years also, I'm used to it (Invincible, I still believe in you)

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    Did anyone here unlock the 100 dungeon color variant, the script is not showing correctly and i wonder if the real tracking could also be broken.
    /run local num=0 local howmany=0 for i=1,11 do local _,_,_,x,y = GetAchievementCriteriaInfo(11152,i) num=num+x howmany=y end print (num.."/"..howmany.." Dungeons")

Not by me and could be made shorter, but it's the one that tracks all dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Asaliah View Post

I just posted this bit of info on wowhead, I had the journal drop for me, however Overachiever still says I have NOT summoned 2000 ghouls yet. If you haven't gone to check, I would go check to see if the portal, (not sure why it is called a trap door) is there. I went on Saturday because I was positive that I had summoned at least 2000 ghouls by now factoring in all my playtime. The portal wasn't there so I went back and quested like normal, the book finally dropped yesterday for me when I killed an elite turtle. I was artifact knowledge level 8 at the time it dropped.
    http://i.imgur.com/j2svbu8.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/hDx3GMp.jpg

Alright folks, Wowhead approved my guide!:

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=4749/th...ok-for-dummies

I know many of you already know everything in there, but since the same questions are being asked over and over, I made it as a reference with all the info I could gather and verify for anybody just now looking into it. I BEG anybody about to ask a question here to first check out the guide (specifically the confirmed/unconfirmed section) as it most likely has the answer you want (including most scripts).

OP, if you're still checking in, it'd be helpful to add the guide link to your post as my post here will be buried quickly, if you want, of course.

Thanks again to all you guys here that helped discover and nail down the variables of getting this thing!

Mine finally dropped in Withered Army which I ran in unholy spec. I farmed PG for probably 5-6 hours total across the past week and a half. Past that any time I did archaeology I was in unholy spec, and on log in/log out I'd swap, hit the dummy, and swap back to frost. Dropped from Apocalypse ability, not AotD (which I was using).