Quote Originally Posted by Kithus View Post
    Which NPC is it that points at the sea? I can't seem to find one in acherus doing that. Is it one of our followers that I always have out on missions?
    marksopp the tireless is the NPC name

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDarkener View Post
    I feel like more people should follow this instead of chasing after runestones...
    Thats probably for a future class hall questline

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    You sir have no idea what are you talking about.
    The point is we are both correct - http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Hero_class

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzinrot View Post
    The point is we are both correct - http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Hero_class
    All i see is that i am correct as i already knew, the fact it starts at higher lvl is just a treat nothing to do with being called hero class, its a hero class because in warcraft 3 there were hero characters, a special unit that you could only have one with the same name and skills to the ones we have now on wow.
    Last edited by Kendros; 2016-10-16 at 05:08 AM.

I think we're reading way too deeply into his tweets. I doubt he was subtly planting sophisticated riddles into his messages. "Sighing wistfully at the ocean" is just a meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Masskara View Post
    Didn't whatshisname say our HAA will be 'Prestigeous'? Wernt we also called a Prestige class? Loving the word play too. Is looking like we are finally getting there..

He (Ion) never said that Frost DK HAA was going to be "Prestigious", he said:

"Now the flipside (to the easily obtained BeastMaster HAA from a vendor) there is: there's no prestige in having that hidden appearance, there's no- it's not a rare thing, it's not something that people are necessarily excited to get. If they wanted it, they bought it, now it's done. Versus if, you know, you are farming the Thunderfury variant on your Outlaw Rogue and you're doing repeated runs of Nelth's lair, and Vault of the Wardens, kind of reproducing that old school Molten Core feel, trying to get the bindings from Garr and Geddon, you're pretty excited when you get it; and when you see an Outlaw Rogue with those weapons, that appearance, you're like, 'wow, that's cool!', you don't see those all over the place. You know that person put in an unusual amount of time and effort in order to get it. There's a couple- I know- I definitely heard concerns about the Fury Warrior appearance in particular because of the way the World Boss schedule works. That's a valid concern, we're definitely looking at to make sure it plays out in a fair way in the long run; but I think the inherent counterbalancing factor is: the rarer it is, the harder to get it is: the more prestigious, the more valuable it is. If it's just on a vendor, if it's just handed to you, then it's not nearly as special."

Josh (NOT A Dev!) then followed up and brought up us poor Frosties, saying,

"Yeah, and, speaking to that a little bit, I think there's actually a couple, um, I want to say Death Knights, that haven't quite been figured out yet, like the actual process for getting those. The community, we the community, I don't know where they are, so we don't know how to actually unlock those yet. And so while that's- obviously can be frustrating for a lot of players right now, I feel like once those are figured out, once the code has been cracked it's one of those things that's like, 'okay now, this is like one of the most prestigious things in the game."

Ion was speaking in very broad terms, and didn't even mention DKs. Josh mentioned DKs, but not Frost, admits he has no idea where it is, then follows Ion's premise, using the word prestigious. I don't see how Ion was remotely talking about ours, and while Josh certainly was, it's clear he doesn't know where it is, and couldn't really be giving us a clue.

After that Ion goes into datamining, and Aroth quoted him accurately on page 51 here:

"It's been really fun to watch the community, whether it was figuring out Kosumoth at the start of the expansion, or puzzling over the riddle of how to unlock some of these hidden appearances and then they were excitedly sharing their knowledge. That's been a really cool process to see play out and it really encourages us, as a team, to try and experiment more with that type of stuff. To try and have more hidden things that can be discovered, which are increasingly a challenge in this day and age of data-mining. In an ideal world, the way this discovery works isn't relying on script commands to check hidden quest flags and stuff like that, but its more the in-world sense of discovery that the Kosumoth hunt, for example, unraveled. "
    Last edited by MilesofMachines; 2016-10-16 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    I think we're reading way too deeply into his tweets. I doubt he was subtly planting sophisticated riddles into his messages. "Sighing wistfully at the ocean" is just a meme.
    Yeah he obviously wasnt and will not give a hint, just ppl reading into things that arent there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    All i see is that i am correct as i already knew, the fact it starts at higher lvl is just a treat nothing to do with being called hero class, its a hero class because in warcraft 3 there were hero characters, a special unit that you could only have one with the same name and skills to the ones we have now on wow.
    Paladins are not a hero class.

Anyways, joined this thread to say that I think that people have been driven insane by this. I think we need to take a deep breath and think logically for one minute.
    Last edited by LordVatek9; 2016-10-16 at 05:23 AM.

"The first step on any adventure is knowing what you're looking for. Good luck, denizens of Azeroth."
    "Its not in the ocean, the ocean is just a good thing to sigh wistfully at, you can stop looking in the ocean."

In my opinion, those lines mean that the hidden artifact is neither in Northrend nor in any other old content.

"The first step on any adventure is knowing what you're looking for. Good luck, denizens of Azeroth."
    This line implies that if you start looking for something in the wrong place, you are unlikely to find it.

"Its not in the ocean, the ocean is just a good thing to sigh wistfully at, you can stop looking in the ocean."
    Here, the ocean is the old content, something you can "sigh wistfully at" just to remember those days and nothing more. He then tells to stop looking anything there, implying that the hidden skin is not there.

Edit: I'm pretty sure that looking for anything in the ocean is completely missing the point in those words.
    Last edited by hrleinad; 2016-10-16 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVatek9 View Post

Anyways, joined this thread to say that I think that people have been driven insane by this. I think we need to take a deep breath and think logically for one minute.
    Who are you calling "insane"? I'm not insane, I'm not insane, I'm not...

I just spent the past 3 hours or so scouring both the Ocean where Stormheim and Suramar meet and all of the Stormheim areas related to Hyrdshall. Oh yeah, I also acquired a stack of the WotLK Glowing Runestones. No NPCs seem to care, though. I feel confident that I have now thoroughly searched every area in Stormheim related to the Felskorn. No progress, though.

*Sighs wistfully at the ocean* Those who are looking for hints in the tweeterspace need to chill out. The comments were probably not even directed at us, anyways. Have you seen all the crazy shiznit they have lurking down in the Ocean for apparently no reason? Salty Krakens, Toothless Sharks, Elven Ruins....do you really think all of these things (or any of them, really) are related to our search?
    Last edited by Gungnyr; 2016-10-16 at 05:35 AM.

I appreciate the leads about Alexandros Mograine from the other page. I've spent some time looking into them, even though several sources suggest that Alexandros and the other updated horsemen models never made it out of alpha. It's still worth looking into.

Here are some notable locations associated with him:
    - Alexandros was killed by Renault in Stratholme with his own sword (and the Ashbringer was corrupted in the process)
    - Kel'thuzad raised Alexandros as a DK and took him to Naxxramas (where he became one of the original 4 Horsemen)
    - Darion took back the corrupted Ashbringer from Alexandros in Naxxramas
    - Darion returned to Scarlet Monastery with the Ashbringer and Alexandros's corrupted spirit killed Renault
    - At Light's Hope Chapel, Darion killed himself with Ashbringer and was taken off to be raised as a DK by Kel'thuzad
    - At Light's Hope Chapel (the battle we were at in the starter zone), Alexandros appeared to Darion and Arthas took Alexandros's soul with Frostmourne
    - When Arthas is killed in ICC by someone wielding Shadowmourne, he drops Alexandros's soul shard which the player then returns to Darion by the vendors in ICC

So if Alexandros is kicking around, Darion's the one who would know. But unfortunately, a lot of these locations have already been explored/farmed to death in our search.

I doubt it means anything but I find it interesting that Marksopp makes an effort to walk around us. Try getting in his way. You can almost herd him to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithus View Post
    I doubt it means anything but I find it interesting that Marksopp makes an effort to walk around us. Try getting in his way. You can almost herd him to some degree.
    Same with Janitor Edwards, but this is not the case with Ericus Deathbringer. Strange indeed...

Edit: The middle Knight of the Ebon Blade patrolling with two others has this interaction as well, although none of the common ghouls seem to.

I appreciate the leads about Alexandros Mograine from the other page. I've spent some time looking into them, even though several sources suggest that Alexandros and the other updated horsemen models never made it out of alpha. It's still worth looking into.

Here are some notable locations associated with him:
    - Alexandros was killed by Renault in Stratholme with his own sword (and the Ashbringer was corrupted in the process)
    - Kel'thuzad raised Alexandros as a DK and took him to Naxxramas (where he became one of the original 4 Horsemen)
    - Darion took back the corrupted Ashbringer from Alexandros in Naxxramas
    - Darion returned to Scarlet Monastery with the Ashbringer and Alexandros's corrupted spirit killed Renault
    - At Light's Hope Chapel, Darion killed himself with Ashbringer and was taken off to be raised as a DK by Kel'thuzad
    - At Light's Hope Chapel (the battle we were at in the starter zone), Alexandros appeared to Darion and Arthas took Alexandros's soul with Frostmourne
    - When Arthas is killed in ICC by someone wielding Shadowmourne, he drops Alexandros's soul shard which the player then returns to Darion by the vendors in ICC

So if Alexandros is kicking around, Darion's the one who would know. But unfortunately, a lot of these locations have already been explored/farmed to death in our search.
    So either Darion has it (and it requires a trigger) or Darion buried it somewhere as a grave for his father (Maybe where they used to live in the comics) or Lights Hope

Quote Originally Posted by LordVatek9 View Post

Technically you're incorrect. If the definition of a Hero Class is to come from a W3 Hero Unit, then Paladin is indeed a "Hero Class" as Paladin was a Hero Unit in W3.

Maybe it's just better to stop with all this Hero Class nonsense, because technically an "Archmage" is also a Hero Unit and now we have thousands of those in game thanks to Order Hall titles. I could go on, but arguing over the definition of a class type that has no impact on the game is ultimately a waste of time.

Something to keep in mind is that, as we see in the Kosumoth attunement, Blizzard is not afraid to place hidden things in fatigue areas. I know it's a lot harder to explore that far out, but it's worth remembering that our options are open.

Quote Originally Posted by veloreum View Post
    Technically you're incorrect. If the definition of a Hero Class is to come from a W3 Hero Unit, then Paladin is indeed a "Hero Class" as Paladin was a Hero Unit in W3.

Maybe it's just better to stop with all this Hero Class nonsense, because technically an "Archmage" is also a Hero Unit and now we have thousands of those in game thanks to Order Hall titles. I could go on, but arguing over the definition of a class type that has no impact on the game is ultimately a waste of time.
    I totally agree with your last point, but I think your first was his point. Presuming that what determines a hero class is whether or not it was a hero unit in WC3, the Paladin should be, and it's not. Therefore the guidelines are not related to WC3, and simply, as Blizz has said over and over, the only trademark of a "hero class" is a high starting level. That being said, it's obvious that the WC3 hero units were the inspiration of the two Hero Classes in game.

Back to your end point: but what does it matter?

- - - Updated - - -

Something to keep in mind is that, as we see in the Kosumoth attunement, Blizzard is not afraid to place hidden things in fatigue areas. I know it's a lot harder to explore that far out, but it's worth remembering that our options are open.
    I admit, the insanity of how well-hidden the Kosumoth orbs were has been the biggest reason I haven't spent much time "in the field" running around, hoping to see something nobody else has. (I have spent time though). People figured that out in like 2 weeks, if ours is still unfound...it's either significantly better hidden (is that possible?) or not simply hidden, but locked behind any number of things; some of which may still be out of reach.

Something I was loosely speculating, although I felt it wasn't going to add to the conversation, is the fact that the HAA looks like an unholy weapon, which is generally tied to Necromancy. So I was figuring maybe we had to find a trigger that lets us bring an NPC back from the dead, akin to our bringing back the Four Horsemen.

Deleted
    To push further Darion investigation:
    119203;"Darion, my son! What is the meaning of this?";"";0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;22522
    Its between light's hope campaign texts but I don't really remember it being used.

Also I don't know if anyone noticed but for some reason on the balcony where all 4 horsemen are only Darion's name is highlighted. Others are not shown. Unless its a bug it would indicate that he is special in some case. Perhaps we need to find something and bring to him? Maybe even find something and let Edwards clean it?

What I also noticed is that there are different Alexandros npc on wowhead added in 7.0.1 that wear different armours.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=91078/hig...ndros-mograine
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=90939/hig...ndros-mograine
    and his horse http://www.wowhead.com/npc=91059/alexandros-warhorse

This version was added in 7.0.3 http://www.wowhead.com/npc=98249/hig...ndros-mograine
    and there is some weird effect with same name http://www.wowhead.com/npc=90968/hig...ndros-mograine

Given the resemblance of HAA to corrupted ashbringer perhaps we need to do something similar to what Darion did in order to get Ashbringer.
    What could we possibly do to get Darion's attention?

Quote Originally Posted by Caip View Post
    Someone knows of some quest that we have to do something with Alexandros Mograine?!

Have been searching the database for uncategorized spells and there are these:

ww w .wowhead .com/
    spell=183845/alexandros-vengeance
    spell=180978/alexandros-mograine-defeated
    spell=180920/alexandros-mograine-avenged

Also, there's this model for Highlord Alexandros Mograine <The Ashbringer>
    npc=90958/highlord-alexandros-mograine

I don't really believe that it's related, but...

Also, found this spell
    7.0 Artifacts - Icecrown - Mal'Ganis Movement Aura - LWB
    spell=230745/7-0-artifacts-icecrown-malganis-movement-aura-lwb
    See, this is super interesting. There are three types of entries on Highlord Alexandros Mograine added in 7.0.

Firstly, there are four of them as humanoid. Here, he sports a simpler outfit. [#1] [#2] [#3] [#4]
    Secondly, there are six undead entries. Most of these feature the Dreadnaught outfit. [#1] [#2] [#3 - This one has <The Ashbringer> title]
    And finally, there are three special entries:
    [#1 - No model. Maybe meant for triggering purposes?]
    [#2 - Particle model only. Purple stuff. Maybe part of reanimation effects?]
    [#3 - The first model, but he is classified as Undead. Ghost Alexandros?]

I mentioned in my previous post the possibility that we might have to bring someone back from the dead... could this be it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirAaron View Post
    Etc...
    Hah, I should've refreshed. I was writing my post while you posted.