10+ Year Old Account
    Nybeth?

Denam chases Nybeth into the Palace of the Dead and encounters him several times. After Denam delivers a mortal wound, Nybeth uses a Ring of the Dead to transform himself into a lich and continue further into the Palace.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really fan of all these in-game bonus items coming with albums, books and statues - one FC-member is trying to get all music rolls, and with two of them hidden behind "Duality" album, he'd need to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Nybeth?

Denam chases Nybeth into the Palace of the Dead and encounters him several times. After Denam delivers a mortal wound, Nybeth uses a Ring of the Dead to transform himself into a lich and continue further into the Palace.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really fan of all these in-game bonus items coming with albums, books and statues - one FC-member is trying to get all music rolls, and with two of them hidden behind "Duality" album, he'd need to buy it.
    Is he from tactics? Never got into those games. If so nice they are exploring that franchise of FF I guess. I agree as well gating orchestrion rolls behind an album is crappy. Mogstation fine because you can charge it for cheap as chips but not an album.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Is he from tactics? Never got into those games. If so nice they are exploring that franchise of FF I guess.
    "Nybeth Obdilord is a non-playable character in Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together."

Is he from tactics? Never got into those games. If so nice they are exploring that franchise of FF I guess. I agree as well gating orchestrion rolls behind an album is crappy. Mogstation fine because you can charge it for cheap as chips but not an album.
    If you never played the tactics and vagrant story titles you are missing out on some of the absolute best final fantasy games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    More explodey death for everyone!

- - - Updated - - -

Also didn't know that Bahamut changes actually really changed the story dialogue, I had Bahamut cleared so I guess us being familiar with Alisae(?) and all that weren't that strange but didn't know that there was others. O.o

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, FFT/FF12/TOgre, well they kind of said it obviously, lol.
    I was so confused during that introduction because I had NO idea who this Alisae person was. And then she said I helped her and I went, "When did I help you? Who the F ARE you?"

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    If you never played the tactics and vagrant story titles you are missing out on some of the absolute best final fantasy games.
    Probably one of the best things about Heavensward was the heavy inspirations they took from Tactics Ogre for the gear design.

Ehh I've tried those kinds of RPGs. I prefer me my turn based ones over tactical/strategy. They are still a cool genre nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I was so confused during that introduction because I had NO idea who this Alisae person was. And then she said I helped her and I went, "When did I help you? Who the F ARE you?"
    You actually meet her at the very start of the game.

So is this going to be like Heavensward? Do I need to do the previous expansion story to do things in Stormblood?

I have friends that skipped HW and are interested in coming back for Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    So is this going to be like Heavensward? Do I need to do the previous expansion story to do things in Stormblood?

Yeah you will need it to access Stormblood content. Just don't get the PS3 version because support is being dropped when the patch for it goes live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vagrant Story was amazing, even though I beat FFT (because it was the best choice at the time on PSX), I'm not a fan of those types of RPGs and skipped out on the rest. I like dungeon crawlers and action rpgs more. Typical JRPGs are fine as well (currently playing through DQVII on 3DS).

Fun fact - First RPG I ever played was Phantasy Star in 1988 followed by Dragon Warrior (Quest) in 1990.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post

Yes you will but dont worry! Heavensward is really really cheap now

Yeah you will need it to access Stormblood content. Just don't get the PS3 version because support is being dropped when the patch for it goes live.
    This doesn't matter since you get a free upgrade to ps4 with the ps3 version.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    This doesn't matter since you get a free upgrade to ps4 with the ps3 version.
    Yeah but what I meant is better to just get that version now. PS3 version is honestly crap anyway.

Yeah but what I meant is better to just get that version now. PS3 version is honestly crap anyway.
    Sure is but if you own ARR for ps3 it's better to buy HW for ps3 than to buy ARR + HW for ps4. At least where I live it's half the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Sure is but if you own ARR for ps3 it's better to buy HW for ps3 than to buy ARR + HW for ps4. At least where I live it's half the price.
    True I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woo, if my calculations are right - one last training now and I can send my squad to level 40 mission for GC promotion.

Finally got Monk to 50, you forget how fast 40-50 is after the god awful 30-40 grind. now just PLD,WAR and DRG to get to 50 form 30 and ive got everything in HW content.

I think i'll get the last 4 to 60 before Stormblood

10+ Year Old Account
    So annoying that they didn't tell when that lore book is going to store.

I just know that it'll become available as soon as I go to sleep and it'll be sold out by the time I wake up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently bringing DRG From 50-60.

After that All I have left is Bard, Ninja, Mech and monk.

Meh. Did I already mention that I dislike playing DPS?