Poll: EN worst first tier

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I would say it is pretty much equal. EN is a solid raid with its good and bad sides. Visually its fine, just perhaps a bit to much alike. Xavius is also... Lets just say he reminds me of the farting princess of maraudon. He looks just funny and that is it. He don't make me think that he is evil or dangerous in any way. It is just a strange feeling.

It's not bad but it's not great either. I'd put it over what WotLK offered but Cata, WoD and MoP had stronger entry raids IMO.

Deleted
    wotlk naxxramas is easily and by far the worst first tier blizzard has ever done they'd actually have to deliberately fuck it up if they want to make it worse than that.
    Are you aware that heroic or normal EN are actually on par if not easier than Naxx 10/25 ? Also I'd take naxx 10/25 anyday over EN, the bosses were very fun in terms of mechanics (which isn't the case of EN, the bosses probably have the worst mechanics on a technical standpoint since BWL in vanilla).

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Granted Emerald Nightmare isn't the most exciting Raid released in WoW history (Ulduar FTW) but it's still more interesting/engaging than Highmaul was. I mean Kargath, Butcher, Twins, Tectus and Ko'argh were all literally stand and nuke with some minimal movement being necessary whilst Brackenspore and Imperator actually had mechanics that required people to use their heads. Meanwhile EN has Nyth and Ursoc as the stand and nuke with small movement whilst Dragons, Spiderbird, Ilgy, Cenarius and Xavius all have stuff that you need to think about less you fuck up the fight for everyone.
    Dude, Butcher actually felt like a real gear-check, Ursoc was just a joke. Margok was also pretty hard an epic. MM Xavius is the most underwhelming boss I've ever seen. Only Cenarius and maybe Ilgynoth are hard, and that's it, all other bosses are just meh. And the raid looks awful.

well naxxramas still exist, so no. also mogushan vaults and heart of fear.. yuck

Emerald Nightmare is definitely not memorable and I'm already bored of it. Only cleared it 3 times now. I have to add that I'm not a mythic raider. Cata/MoP/WoD's introductory raids were all better for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Kara by far is the best in many people's opinions. In terms of modern day gameplay it is incomparable and thus far more boring, but for it's time it was stupidly detailed and hyper creative. The theme and feel is like nothing WoW has seen since.
    I hated the transition Kara had on my large 40-man raid team. Too much drama and cut-throat behavior. Had it been 15 or 20 man, it would have made the funneling a much easier process for guilds like mine.

Maybe people do have better memories of Kara but ugh. Not me.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Kara by far is the worst. Followed by Highmaul.
    Shut your mouth, Kara was one of the best >.<
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    Dude, Butcher actually felt like a real gear-check, Ursoc was just a joke. Margok was also pretty hard an epic. MM Xavius is the most underwhelming boss I've ever seen. Only Cenarius and maybe Ilgynoth are hard, and that's it, all other bosses are just meh. And the raid looks awful.
    Come off it, Butcher was killable with a whole raid decked in HC dungeon gear in normal and the fact that people had about four weeks of Garrison quests plus some crafting/rare drop purples just made the fight a joke. Not to mention that Butcher and Ursoc are nearly mechanically similar with the need to stack into two separate groups to get the boss to charge at them and split the debuff with the only difference being that Ursoc periodically a has roar that does raid wide damage and enrages faster whilst Butcher knocked everyone back. I agree that Margok had some interesting aspects to it but it really did seem to get tedious fast. As for the rest of Highmauls bosses, they had some minor movement based mechanics to stay alive aside from Brackenspore who needed two people to get rid of the moss whereas EN Bosses require thought about mechanics involving debuff pool placements, certain add kill orders and when to nuke ads that explode not to mention all the stuff with spiderbird. As for your opinion about it looking awful, I respect it but I personally think EN is a major improvement over another stone/steel castle with pointy bits.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

WotLK was still the worst. It was not "unseen" content, people could near solo clear Naxx40 towards the end of BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    WOTLK- Naxx, OS, EOE. A lot of people bitch about Naxx, but to 99% of the playerbase it was unseen content.
    People bitch about it for good reason. Not a lot of people cleared it in Vanilla, but it was clearable through TBC. Many who raided in TBC did it as an old content run (it was regularly pugged on my server and my server wasn't very high pop). Even if you didn't run it yourself, most raiders were pretty familiar with it from videos and word of mouth.

But even if you had never done it it was just so damn easy. No Mythic mode in those days, and it was clearable in dungeon blues and sunwell epics. We half-assed through 10-man in the first week after we had 10 level 80s in the guild, and 25-man in the next week then there was nothing but two one-boss raids for how many months after that? EN is easier than a lot of raids but you can't exactly march into Mythic Cenarius in 830 ilvl and expect to one shot it.

WotLK first tier isn't remembered THAT badly in the community at large because majority of people didn't raid, hadn't raided before (except maybe Karazhan) and found it all a fresh and fascinating experience... but for any existing raider, anyone who was clearing Sunwell before WotLK dropped, it was without a doubt one of the worst tiers.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Eh - I do not consider EN to be horrible

The fights are enjoyable for the most part, but we should also take this into consideration - Emerald Nightmare is not a TIER raid. That designation belongs to Nighthold.

I would more consider this and Trial of Valor to be Filler raids. I would compare it less to BWL, Naxx, etc and more to Trial of the Crusader (Yes, a Tier raid, but cmon we all know now it was just filler since they dropped the Gundrak raid and wanted to give us something to do between Ulduar and ICC), Ruby Sanctum, Throne of the Four Winds, etc.

I would place my Filler Raid ratings as

1. Highmaul
    2. Throne of the Four Winds
    3. Emerald Nightmare
    4. Mogushan Vaults
    5. Ruby Sanctum
    6. Trial of the Crusader

Trial of the Crusader is by far my most disliked filler raid. It felt like a slap in the face after the amazing experience of Ulduar and also came with the disappointment of having Tier sets within it making it preferable to run over Uldaur much to the dismay of a few of our healers, one of which having 20 of the 30 shards.

So in short - NO, i do not feel Emerald Nightmare is the Worst filler raid of the entire game.

You have to keep in mind that we've only seen the first half of the first tier yet so we can't really judge before Nighthold comes out. But so far this is how I feel:

Molten Core - Better
    Karazhan/Gruul/Magtheridon - Better
    Naxxramas/Sartharion/Malygos - Better
    Blackwing Descent/Bastion of Twilight/Throne of the Four Winds - Unsure. Probably worse.
    Mogu'shan Vaults/Heart of Fear/Terrace of Endless Spring - Worse. I hate bugs.
    Highmaul/Blackrock Foundry. Highmaul is worse. Blackrock Foundry was kinda great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    I refuse to call something that comes out 3 months after launch part of the first tier. Thats just accepting lazyness from blizzard.
    Yeah, well, good thing your "refusal" is irrelevant. Nighthold and Halls of Valor are still part of the first tier. Actually, Nighthold IS the first raiding tier, and it goes by the name of T19.

On topic, it IS my least favorite, but it is far from a bad raid. I can't think of a release raid that I didn't enjoy ever since I started playing early 2008.

It's definitely a little better than MSV and Highmaul for sure. Being worse than Naxxramus/Eye of Eternity? Just lol.

First of all, 2 raids are to open within first tier, so yea, first tier is not completely out yet.
    How ever, I agree, it's boring. But can't compare with other first tiers, simply because it's not out yet.

Deleted
    In my opinion everything in MoP sucked hard. I did not like the hole asia Setting.

Open thread
    See OP is banned
    Lol

OT: Cata was the worst for me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by axiom View Post
    In my opinion everything in MoP sucked hard. I did not like the hole asia Setting.
    Inb4 you get called racist - I agree, didn't make sense in the Orc v Human context but appreciate why they did it.

Deleted
    xavius m tuning sucked, but other than that, I really like EN

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Open thread
    See OP is banned
    Lol

OT: Cata was the worst for me

- - - Updated - - -

Inb4 you get called racist - I agree, didn't make sense in the Orc v Human context but appreciate why they did it.

why racist... i like asia in real life. i am from Germany and i have been to Japan und south kore for Holidays. great countrys! but i do not like asia Settings in Computer games. i hate the hole Anime stuff on Television too. i would never Play pokemon or watch Dragon ball or stupid stuff like that.