Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by reflux View Post
    Does anyone else find it Xe'ra to be extremely suspicious:

- appears from thin air in the midst of the fel storm "undetected" from the legion.

- when we go to the exodar the only one who can tell us something about it gets conveniently eliminated by the legion of course.

- tries to fill in a ridiculously retarded redemption story for a person that from the players perspective shouldnt exactly be praiseworthy (and i like(d) illidan)

- condemns us of being evil for "killing" her fuckboi even though we did a lot more good than bad and wants to put us on a "path of redemption"

In my opinion (and hopeful thinking) she could be set up for a decent twist and fit being a villain and in a way that will be the only chance to somewhat redeem the otherwise bad writing. Considering blizzards recent track record tho this probably isnt the case.
    It wasn't undetected by the legion, they just couldnt get to it. You can obviously tell it wasn't undetected as Rakeesh immediately attacked the Exodar so we couldnt activate it.

We didn't do more good than bad by killing illidan. He was going to launch an attack on Argus, where the army of light is currently losing a battle with the legion. Had him and his demon hunters showed up 10 years ago, this invasion probably wouldn't be happening.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    It wasn't undetected by the legion, they just couldnt get to it. You can obviously tell it wasn't undetected as Rakeesh immediately attacked the Exodar so we couldnt activate it.

We didn't do more good than bad by killing illidan. He was going to launch an attack on Argus, where the army of light is currently losing a battle with the legion. Had him and his demon hunters showed up 10 years ago, this invasion probably wouldn't be happening.
    Would he really have succeeded against the Legion though? His entire power base was systematically dismantled by adventurers, and he was killed by those same adventurers. They even stole his glaives and blindfold! If he could be defeated by a hand full of mere mortals, what would he have accomplished against the most powerful leaders of the Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Crashen View Post
    Would he really have succeeded against the Legion though? His entire power base was systematically dismantled by adventurers, and he was killed by those same adventurers. They even stole his glaives and blindfold! If he could be defeated by a hand full of mere mortals, what would he have accomplished against the most powerful leaders of the Legion?
    him and an army of demon hunters, who were on another planet wiping out the legion whent he temple was attacked, as was most of his naga and Shivaara. Plus he was betrayed from within by akama. The full force of the illidari and the army of light would have succeeded.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Yes they even confirm this in his book that our actions basically stop Illidan killing Kil'jaeden and if he was there Archimonde

Xe'ra is the mother of all the Naaru correct? So in a certain sense she is the equivalent of a void lord due to the naaru being the light counterpart of the old gods correct?
    So when Xe'ra power is exhausted and she die it's plausible she, like the other naaru, turn into a void lord?

I foresee she turning up at certain point and become a void lord trying to harness the remaining shadow power from the corpse of the old gods we killed, won't be surprised if the last boss isn't Sargeras (or it's avatar) but actually a xe'ra turned void lord.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

"Wrathion opened his eyes once again
    His eyes were brighter than ever
    He stared at Illidan
    Still not finished..."

Illidan:
    "No, no...
    Why me? Why?"

Turalyon:
    ''It is the decision of the titans and the naaru"

Illidan:
    ''But i am half demon
    There is evil blood pounding in my heart
    You know it!"

Turalyon:
    "That is the reason why
    You have met darkness and light... and you chose
    You are the most powerful of us all
    The elected... the chosen one"

Illidan:
    "So... so be it
    I accept my fate''

Velen:
    "Illidan's destiny was finally clear
    His death was only physical
    But from the rest of the demon hunter's body
    A new form of life was born"

"'Xe'ra's angelic spirit now embraced Illidan's immortal soul
    Combining the supreme energies of the cosmos
    To become pure divinity
    A being of cosmic light
    Did breathe on Argus... again"

Quote Originally Posted by Riencel View Post
    snip
    Please, no.
    Suddenly, one day, 99.7% of the Lich King's death knights broke free.
    Clearly, the lich king was keylogged

Lots of quotes(?) go here

Wait what.

Where is that from?

Quote Originally Posted by shinros View Post
    Funny enough people said in 7.1 you are making a soul prisim for Xe'ra to house Illdan's soul and for some reason something goes wrong when Khadgar is reuniting Illdans soul with his body in mythic Gul'dan. Coincidence? Well.. going by Xal and the whispers from the emerald nightmare N'zoth is planning something. Or it could be the legion messing with us. People are also speculating this is what happens to Illdan during the encounter this does not look fel in my opinion.

I think this will finally lead the PC and NPC's to finally be "aware" of the threat of the void but we have to fully deal with the legion first. Then I suspect near the end of this expansion we might get a "void" based raid to lead into the next expansion.
    You just gave me an interesting idea. This will dip into some of the datamined mythic gul'dan stuff so stop reading if you don't wanna know.

The info suggests that Gul'dan has summoned at least a part of sargaras into illidan's soulless body. If this is true, then that means others can do a similar thing. What if the image Illidan saw of him being a holy form isn't actually him, but Xe'ra possessing him as well (maybe even forcefully).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Xe'ra is the mother of all the Naaru correct? So in a certain sense she is the equivalent of a void lord due to the naaru being the light counterpart of the old gods correct?
    So when Xe'ra power is exhausted and she die it's plausible she, like the other naaru, turn into a void lord?

I foresee she turning up at certain point and become a void lord trying to harness the remaining shadow power from the corpse of the old gods we killed, won't be surprised if the last boss isn't Sargeras (or it's avatar) but actually a xe'ra turned void lord.
    Elune would be a more accurate comparison, since it's suggested she created Xe'ra.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itychy View Post
    Without chiming in with any wild theories the absolute concrete fact we have,

Sums up pretty much where we are with her, taking her at face value even as a paladin I'm slightly wary of her sudden investment in everything we're doing, especially as it is contrary to A'dal's campaign through outland. Do Naaru just not talk to one another? And somewhere A'dal is getting a write up by the Naaru council? Somehow I doubt that.

She could be a lawful good character, willing to go to insane lengths to uphold her own values and path to 'the right'. Or it could just be a straight up ruse by the legion. Either way, everyone is suspicious of her. This is for certain.
    We have Turalyon and Dadhgar and Vellen vouching for Xe'ra, and I think the voiced over thing instead of chimes is just an artistic choice because they wanted there to be voiced dialogue.

Honestly I think we're just reading into this too much. Every time we think there is a huge twist it's always been incorrect and what was obviously playing out, plays out.

I'd personally love for Xe'ra to be something evil tricking us, but that just never happens without a bucket load of obvious pointers.

If you want to go along with this fan theory, it's possible the heart never unlocked, and using the tear of Elune didn't actually work. The message we're supposed to hear never happened and instead we're being fooled from the get go, while the real Xe'ra still waits to be unlocked.

Could have been interesting at some point for someone/thing to actually accidentally unlock the heart and have Xe'ra freak out as the real Xe'ra unfolds and warns us we're being tricked into finding Illidan's soul so the demons can eat it.

Keep in mind the Void and the Legion are enemies. The elder things would want us to find Illidan to end the Legion, so their biggest threat would be no more.

Maybe Xera actually want used illidan soul and body to gain control over fel energy so she can use against the void and end the legion, since she is some quest is more like she is saying: desperate times needs somethings inmoral solution and use illidan as a meat puppet to control 2 kind of school of magic is a bit dark but can be of great help against N'zoth and Sargeras

Ehhhr... Sorry folks for getting into with such a note, but still. Dunno how much it matters but in russian localization the voice of spriest knife and the voice of xera is done by one and the same woman. Though when she talks as a knife she's lowering her voice and as xera she's squealing. But then again maybe its just not to hire too many ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by Elanies View Post
    Ehhhr... Sorry folks for getting into with such a note, but still. Dunno how much it matters but in russian localization the voice of spriest knife and the voice of xera is done by one and the same woman. Though when she talks as a knife she's lowering her voice and as xera she's squealing. But then again maybe its just not to hire too many ppl.
    I bet is the second one, many actors do many character voice in this game

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post

I agree. /10char
    "You were surrendering? Why? Because these invaders can break down a wall? You have got another wall... and it's made up of the people who call this place HOME. Any one of us would lay down our life to protect this land. This land, it belongs to us... It belongs to our ancestors... It belongs to our children. And we are not about to let that change."

The illidan book put in a retcon that immediately preceding our fight with him, he'd been channelling a powerful spell and was significantly weakened when we fought him (interestingly this is the second time illidan losing has been retconned in a book). One of the more significant pieces of his power base, the illidari, were on the mission to marduum, as we see in the DH starter zone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    The illidan book put in a retcon that immediately preceding our fight with him, he'd been channelling a powerful spell and was significantly weakened when we fought him (interestingly this is the second time illidan losing has been retconned in a book). One of the more significant pieces of his power base, the illidari, were on the mission to marduum, as we see in the DH starter zone.
    It is not a retcon, hardly anything was retconned in the Illidan novel. It is a new piece of information and mostly everything else in there was the same information we already had with a different perspective on it.

-SNIP-

Infracted
    Last edited by Aucald; 2016-10-17 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Art by draken4o

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Well, that was kinda my reaction too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    However ridiculous you believe Illidan's redemption story to be, it is the new lore as told by the book. Your theory is flawed.
    Kil'jaden is known as the deceiver, and he did use images of other creatures to deceive other's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalec View Post
    Every time I read "redemption" I cringe, because if anything, Illidan is loved for being a shit face, and this story line so far is making him look like more of a shit face.

He isn't going the golden boy of redemption and rainbow. You can quote this and throw it in my face if he was changed as drastically as people fear.
    *screenshot* for future reference

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

Wouldn't be surprised if they do stuff like that so people can have conversations like these on the forums and then the devs take ideas and implement them in the story. Blizzard has only looked in the lore's future once, when they were making WoW. That's why TFT ended the way it did.
    there is a betrayer among us who tell our opinions to blizzard so they don't take the story as we please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalec View Post
    I admit, I lol'd

This goes hand in hand with what I always say. It doesn't matter what Xe'ra says, and fuck Xe'ra. I am all for helping Illidan out because I want to, and I have my own reasons, not because some cheer-leading chandelier is telling me to.
    *looking at Kalec*
    because you want shipping Illidan_jaina
    *joking*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Says the person who used fuckboi in a sentence.
    Savage

/10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    *screenshot* for future reference
    Boo hoo! I am so scared! What if I was wrong?! MY INTERNET CREDIBILITY!!!!111!!!1!