Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Ah, there's still justice on this world.

I decided UN has no connection to reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    I decided UN has no connection to reality.
    If you are a Trump support you must realize the irony of your statement correct?
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    I decided dunno want to read articles.
    /fixed

UNESCO is about the present status, where Israel has nothing to do with Temple Mount itself anymore besides Wailing Wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Possession is 9/10ths of the law though....
    This is correct.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares what the UN thinks. They're a colossus on clay feet, and with a leftie agenda that they can't enforce.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post
    If you are a Trump support you must realize the irony of your statement correct?
    Or the irony of your flag.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Do you even read the article or followed the discussion ?
    Yes, I read the article. The UN vote is completely pointless and will do nothing. The only way it can ever be enforced and allow all muslims access is to remove the ones that control it and thats not going to happen without a major war. Its not like the muslims that actually live there dont have access anyways or that an "adviser" is going to do shit.

Deleted
    This thread...

UNESCO votes that Jerusalem has also muslim and christian culture connections and should be respected as such (aka, stopping the destruction and renaming of the protected sites) = UN tells Jerusalem is not Jew... Are you guys fucking serious?

Also, mods, close the thread please.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-10-16 at 03:12 PM.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    ..... UN tells Jerusalem is not Jew... Are you guys fucking serious?

Also, mods, close the thread please.
    It says something along "no monopol" of jews. As i said: ancient temple is gone, now deal with it and keep off the mount. Wailing Wall is all yours.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2016-10-16 at 03:36 PM.

Deleted
    It says something along "no monopoly" of jews. As i said: ancient temple is gone, now deal with it and keep off the mount. Wailing Wall is all yours.
    Pretty much.

This is UNESCO, the UN organization that deals with human culture sites and issue. It should protect ALL human culture, from whatever creed or belief. I would expect the exact same resolution if it was the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelden View Post
    Technically Sephardis are as Iberian as Ashkenazi are Germans - genetically that means that they kind of are not, they just absorbed part of the local genetics but are still a very distinct population from local Iberians/Germans. And, by the way, Ashkenazi's are descended from roughly 350 persons who lived just ~700 years ago, apparently in Central Europe, due to a population bottleneck. The others died out.
    If you look at the maternal haplogroups, Ashkenazis are indistinguishable from other central Europeans, and Sephardis are indistinguishable from Iberians. Paternal is a bit different, but not very.

- - - Updated - - -

Possession is 9/10ths of the law though....
    And old sayings are 0/10ths of the law.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    If you look at the maternal haplogroups, Ashkenazis are indistinguishable from other central Europeans, and Sephardis are indistinguishable from Iberians. Paternal is a bit different, but not very.
    Not very relevant, you can have a MENA yDNA or mtDNA and still be genetically East Asian, it's autosomal DNA that matters, and in that particular case both are very different from Spaniards/Germans.
    And even in yDNA Sephardis are extremelly different from the Spanish, who have over 60% R1b. Jews barely have any.

Not very relevant, you can have a MENA yDNA or mtDNA and still be genetically East Asian, it's autosomal DNA that matters, and in that particular case both are very different from Spaniards/Germans.
    And even in yDNA Sephardis are extremelly different from the Spanish, who have over 60% R1b. Jews barely have any.
    My understanding was that most recent sampling shows Sephardis are like 40% R1b.

Deleted
    My understanding was that most recent sampling shows Sephardis are like 40% R1b.
    Not even the few Belmonte Jews, who remained hidden in North-Central Portugal despite the inquisition until today. The crypto-Jewish population does not have 40% (it's in the 20s, Northern Portugal has around 60%), so I'm pretty sure that information is wrong. Do you have any source for that info?

EDIT: Corrected a few silly typos
    Last edited by mmoc041784c2d8; 2016-10-16 at 05:19 PM.

Not even the few Belmonte Jews, who remained hidden in North-Central Portugal despite the inquisition until today. The crypto-Jewish population does not have 40% (it's in the 20s, Northern Portugal has around 60%), so I'm pretty sure that information is wrong. Do you have any source for that info?

EDIT: Corrected a few silly typos
    I would have to do some digging. Been looking off and on, but I know it was a sampling of all significant ethnic groups on the Iberian peninsula.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Temple was gone long ago. Reality is the presence of 2 mosques. So deal with it, Israel and wail at the wall ?
    The reality is Israel controls the Temple Mount, so deal with it.

The reality is that the original partition defines Israel's borders, and the country is a member of treaties that deny it any claim on occupied territory.

Deleted
    Which defies the treaties signed all the parts, including Israel.

Deleted
    I would have to do some digging. Been looking off and on, but I know it was a sampling of all significant ethnic groups on the Iberian peninsula.
    Eupedia has this sort of info (13% R1b in Iberian Sephardis, no idea on the downclades), but I don't know how useful that would be in regards to Sephardis as a whole, most haven't been in Iberia for centuries, Spain has about 50000 Jews, Portugal merely 3000 if I'm not mistaken, with some of them being Ashkenazi who moved during World War 2 to escape the holocaust - the country took thousands of them who wanted to depart to the US.
    With that in mind, my guess is that the few currently in Spain/Portugal would have slightly different yDNA statistics than modern Sephardis who were booted to other places like the Netherlands, North Africa, the Americas or the Ottoman Empire, eventhough most still carry originally SW Asian haplogroups (J1, J2 and G).

Still, yDNA doesn't say much about who current Jews are. Hitler was E1b and he was Austrian (although I bet he'd love to know that).

10+ Year Old Account
    The reality is that the original partition defines Israel's borders, and the country is a member of treaties that deny it any claim on occupied territory.
    Oh well, sucks to not be on the winning side. Such is the reality of war.