Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyrPayens View Post
    So, I didn't really get too hardcore into the game until BC started, and missed a lot of end of BC and beginning of WotLK because of college/moving.... so I'm not sure about this:

We used to have "old naxx" and then it was revamped into what we have today.

Is there ANY way to get to where old naxx was situated? Maybe there's something around there that can help us out?
    Naxxaramas was first in the sky of Stratholme. When the Scurge move to Northend, Naxx just follow and go to the Dragonblight.

The old Naxxramas was not available anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyrPayens View Post
    So, I didn't really get too hardcore into the game until BC started, and missed a lot of end of BC and beginning of WotLK because of college/moving.... so I'm not sure about this:

We used to have "old naxx" and then it was revamped into what we have today.

Is there ANY way to get to where old naxx was situated? Maybe there's something around there that can help us out?
    There are no legal ways

Deleted
    I tried a bunch of stuff today:

Anduin - nothing
    Tried casting swords out to sea (delete item in ocean zones)
    Tried going to Menethil to see Jaina
    Tried going to Andorhal
    Tried forgotton shore (captain not present)
    Tried Arthas' tomb in Stormwind
    Tried Uther's tomb

Muradin tells us to throw the swords into the sea. I spent a lot of time going to coastal areas in Legion content but found nothing.

I started looking at the rune Vrykuls. For various reasons my search took me into Helheim. In Helheim when you kill a Vrykul there is a chance their souls will linger and you can collect them. I'm not sure if this is related. I'm planning on looking more later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    I tried a bunch of stuff today:

Anduin - nothing
    Tried casting swords out to sea (delete item in ocean zones)
    Tried going to Menethil to see Jaina
    Tried going to Andorhal
    Tried forgotton shore (captain not present)
    Tried Arthas' tomb in Stormwind
    Tried Uther's tomb

Muradin tells us to throw the swords into the sea. I spent a lot of time going to coastal areas in Legion content but found nothing.

I started looking at the rune Vrykuls. For various reasons my search took me into Helheim. In Helheim when you kill a Vrykul there is a chance their souls will linger and you can collect them. I'm not sure if this is related. I'm planning on looking more later.
    If i'm not mistaken, the effect from the souls stacks... perhaps get max stacks and try talking to Helya then ? or kneeling/hail to her..

Quote Originally Posted by George91 View Post
    If i'm not mistaken, the effect from the souls stacks... perhaps get max stacks and try talking to Helya then ? or kneeling/hail to her..
    No, not related

Killed the Large Vile Slime. No Progress to report.

I'm just very confused, now. I honestly have no idea where else to look.

Quote Originally Posted by George91 View Post
    Souls stack to ten then stop. Wandered all around there with max stacks, didn't see anything. Tried it with a controlled dishonored skeleton as well, nothing happened.
    Last edited by Sethanas; 2016-10-16 at 06:12 PM.

We have really reached the bottom of the search?

Every time a new idea comes out someone and '' refutes '' and return to the same point of runes, what we seek is a scroll, not a rune

I guess it's possible we are gated behind AK12 like Paladins originally...might just wait till then to continue searching

I wonder, do you think it may be possible that we need to find and afk in a certain area long enough to freeze the ground beneath us? Maybe while standing on a rune or something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Fucking stop already. Paladins were hero units in WC3. So were Archmages, Blood Mages and Mountain King. Death Knights, Liches, Crypt Lords and Dread Lords (curiously). Demon Hunters, Priestesses of the Moon, Keepers of the Grove and Wardens. Far Seers, Blademasters, Tauren Chiefains and Shadow Hunters. None of them are especially original. They exist in plethora of universes and franchises in various forms.

In basic terms, shut the fuck up about what is and isn't a hero unit in WC3. You can fucking google it and find it here. http://classic.battle.net/war3/

World of Warcraft's idea of a hero class is an arbitrary definition, possibly loosely obtained from D&D at best. So far it's been used to describe classes that start at a level higher than 1, as they are only represented in Death Knights and Demon Hunters. That is literally all there is to it at this time.
    Foking thank you!
    https://media.giphy.com/media/1Z02vuppxP1Pa/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Piromiru View Post
    I wonder, do you think it may be possible that we need to find and afk in a certain area long enough to freeze the ground beneath us? Maybe while standing on a rune or something?
    Well thought, this could open a new path

Quote Originally Posted by Killaless View Post
    Hi new here but have been reading from the start!

(Long shot incoming) What if they made a dark soul thing? A hidden path in the air that only Frost dk can walk on? when they now have mentioned that look at the ocean is something to do but not look in the water mayby walk on it or up for something! sorry for my formulation, i hopefully people understand :P
    I have been explorong now for a week about 5 hours per day or more lost track of time.

Killaless
    AK8/9
    Sylvanas
    Where did it say this about look at the ocean but not in the water? Because really, Ebon Hold is out in the ocean, but not in the water. I would be so angry if it was hidden in plain sight this entire time and we're all too blind to see it. I have explored Ebon Hold quiet a bit. Looked up and down, tried to see if any of the books laying around anywhere were clickable, tried to control the dead dragons flying around on the second level, nothing.

And then I thought about the PVP thing, because since Frostmorne did kill all those people, maybe we had to go out and kill X amount of players. But I shot that down since someone would have obviously found that by now because there are players that PVP are their lives.

I'm getting to the point where I think that if we stop looking for it, we'll just stumble upon it. Of course, I'm not saying for everyone to stop their searching because it is really fun to see everyone's theories and working together, I just feel like its how its going to happen. Find it when we aren't looking or least expect it.

Deleted
    what is the discord group now again i cant join on the old link!

Did we ever figure out why Raise Ally always says "Out of Range" when not actually raising a party member in Maw of Souls? Do we think this might lead us to a rezzable NPC, or have we just sort of concluded that it is a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnyr View Post
    Did we ever figure out why Raise Ally always says "Out of Range" when not actually raising a party member in Maw of Souls? Do we think this might lead us to a rezzable NPC, or have we just sort of concluded that it is a bug?
    At this point anything is likely, although good, it can be likely

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xlolliqueenx View Post
    Where did it say this about look at the ocean but not in the water? Because really, Ebon Hold is out in the ocean, but not in the water. I would be so angry if it was hidden in plain sight this entire time and we're all too blind to see it. I have explored Ebon Hold quiet a bit. Looked up and down, tried to see if any of the books laying around anywhere were clickable, tried to control the dead dragons flying around on the second level, nothing.

And then I thought about the PVP thing, because since Frostmorne did kill all those people, maybe we had to go out and kill X amount of players. But I shot that down since someone would have obviously found that by now because there are players that PVP are their lives.

I'm getting to the point where I think that if we stop looking for it, we'll just stumble upon it. Of course, I'm not saying for everyone to stop their searching because it is really fun to see everyone's theories and working together, I just feel like its how its going to happen. Find it when we aren't looking or least expect it.

I only was thinking about what blizz said about it being not in the water so thougt of looking at it from a diffrent perspectiv and not only on the ground and in the water why can it not be something in the air? some hidden path that we still not have tried to walk on becaous of the risk to die!

(And of topic what is up with the murloc island west of Azsuna with the big pearl) tomtom 19,50-20,20

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnyr View Post
    There are, instead, 6 other ways which seem more likely:

Option 1: Reputation. MM Hunters require Court of Farondis rep, Balance Druids require Dreamweaver rep, and Holy Priests require Valarjar rep. Notably, this would seem to indicate that a HAA should require Highmountain rep (so that all four leveling reps are used). What would be required once this rep is attained, it is hard to say, but both Balance Druids and Holy Priests had to run iconic dungeons for theirs. If one is worried about the fact that Wardens rep is also not being used by any HAA, it is possible that either unused rep is related to the Arms Artifact as well.

Option 2: Indirect Zone Mob Drop. In contrast to the Direct Zone Mob Drops which we have already ruled out, Indirect Zone Mob Drops include Havoc DHs and Affliction Warlocks. These two specs get their HAA from first looting some item off of a Zone Mob (Havoc gets theirs in Suramar, while Affliction gets theirs from a specific mob in Faronaar). Once they have acquired these items, they end up directed to do some specific task in order to finally get their HAA. Our discussion regarding the Glowing Runestone and Futhark would seem quite similar to the HAAs in this option. However, the HAAs in this option get their initial object from Mobs, not off of the ground. Perhaps we have simply not killed the right sort of mob enough times? It is hard to say.

Option 3: Unique Daily. Many specs get their HAA from a direct sort of OH daily, however, this category is a bit different from that sort of OH attainment. This option includes Feral Druids and Prot Warriors, who have to go to a specific location every day, and then they get some sort of cue that they can acquire their HAA there. Both locations for these specs appear in Legion content. I was wondering if our ability to duel NPC DKs might be related to this. If not, there still may be some location where this can activate for us. Altogether, though, this option seems the least likely.

Option 4: The Underbelly. I have already attempted farming the Underbelly, but have just learned that it can take anywhere from 20 rare Underbelly elite kills to 150 in order to find a respective HAA. Two other specs acquire their HAAs in this way: Assassination Rogues and Elemental Shamans. While not the most likely of possibilities here, it certainly is a possibility nonetheless. I will continue farming Underbelly while in Frost spec, although I am unsure if the player had to be using the respective specs for Rogues and Shamans.

Option 5: World Bosses. Our nightmare come alive. Both Enhancement Shamans and Fury Warriors rely on this slow, boring, easy mechanic in order to acquire their HAAs. It's always possible that we are on this list, too. The Soultakers have been listed as a likely source of our HAA. I hope that recent Dev talk referring to our HAA attainment as "prestigious" implies that this is not the case.

Option 6. Unknown. What, unknown?! WHAT'S THE BLOODY POINT OF THIS LIST, THEN?! You ask. Well, simply put: Many of the HAA Attainment styles listed above come in pairs. It is possible that the Frost DK HAA and the Arms Warrior HAA trigger also come in a pair, one with a new mechanic which has yet to be discovered. Perhaps, in contrast to Option 2, both of these specs must pick up an item off of the ground (like the Glowing Runestone) which will eventually lead them to their HAA. Perhaps there is a specific World Boss that needs killing at a specific AK level (I'm looking at you, Mortiferous!). I don't want to give too much hope with this list, but I do want to reinvigorate the conversation.

I hope we can find the HAA soon. The above options may be suitable starting points on the matter.

P.S. Also, no other HAA appears to require the use of a toy, and none of them appear to rely on professions except for the most Special of Special Attainments (Ret Pally's HAA). I think our energies would therefore be better directed at other activities, though in one finds, say, the archaeology reward Key to Narthalas Academy, feel free to look through the area for us, just in case.

TL;DR: Options 1-6 are the most probably ways of attaining our HAA, based on the ways other specs have attained theirs.
    I think, now, that Option 5 (World Bosses) is the most likely. Option 1 (Reputation) doesn't really tell us much of anything about how to trigger the event. Option 2 (Indirect Zone Mob Drop) also seems incredibly unlikely, for two reasons. First, we have been combing the world for the Glowing Runestone for over a month now. Second, the Glowing Runestone apparently doesn't loot in the same way that other HAA triggers did, implying that it is for some discarded quest (even if the quest never fully made it into alpha/beta).

Option 3 (Unique Daily) might still be possible, but if it is then the Daily is incredibly obscure. So obscure that nobody would find it by just playing the game. If one is interested in following up the fact that we can duel NPCs in Acherus, I have noticed that the Orc duelist seems to be much more rare than the other three (Troll, Dwarf, and Human). Option 4 (The Underbelly) is probably a bust, since I have been farming for a few days - and other DKs also farm it periodically - with no results as of yet.

Option 6 is still possible. Note that the Arms warrior quest seems to start, not with you necessarily bringing something to Helgar (their Artifact forger), but with Helgar initiating a conversation about how the Arms Sword Artifact might be better as an Axe. Similarly, might some unknown trigger be necessary in order for our Artifact forger (Corvus) to initiate some conversation with us about how our Artifact needs "More runes, NOT ENOUGH RUNES!"?

It's also possible to integrate the Futhark theory into the remaining viable Options (5 and 6), but I'm feeling less and less optimistic about the theory by the day.
    Last edited by Gungnyr; 2016-10-16 at 07:52 PM.

Why do people keep talking about the ocean/not the ocean tweets when he specifically said the hidden thing he is talking about is not related to HAA?

Deleted
    can someone tell me what the difference between "indirect zone mob drop" and "direct zone mob drop" is?