Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would love a Wildstar type housing in WoW. So much you can do with it!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think that Player Housing is awesome but Blizzard is incapable of developing it for World of Warcraft. People already asked, they did Garrisons instead. Well...

i want it.
    but blizzard refuses to listen like always.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigenn View Post
    They should not waste time on player housing. If I wanna "play house" somewhere, WoW ain't the place.

The resources needed to make this happen could be far better used for content, not (literal) "window dressing".
    If done right player housing is content, although it may be content you are not interested in.

Wild Star had amazing player housing and is actually one of the few things about the game I do miss. If WoW were to copy their housing w/some tweeks I would be very pleased.

It is nice running a dungeon, raid, kill mobs, and seeing a item drop that you can use to decorate your house.. that creates replay value by giving us something to progress our character that isn't gear related.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Wildstar-Complete customization
    Best player housing EVER!!!!

Made it required for professions
    Required no not at all, more convenient yes .. but not required.

required endgame
    again nope.. did you even play Wildstar or are you just making assumptions from what you read? Nothing about the housing was required beyond what you did in the leveling experience.

making anything good looking, other then the prebuilt stuff, super difficult, as it was so difficult to use and build with
    What is it that is said when someone talks like that about any other aspect of a MMO?..... oh yah. "Learn to play noob or GTFO"

Honestly if you found it difficult that is a you problem that was the easiest user interface for building .. hell it was easier then the Lego MMO that is (or was) in beta for a bit... Granted not as easy as Minecraft .. but still
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    We all know Garrisons failed hard in WoD, but that does not mean a playerhouse cant work in WoW.
    Next to sub-races this might be the most asked feature by the community so on what way can it work?

My idea is to give players a house in one of the main capitals (1 per account - see it as an account-house)
    1) In this house you see your alts walking around as NPC's.
    2) You can assign your alts to a room like in the textbox when you want to talk to them you get options (like cityguards), be a guard/ be a cook/ be a blacksmith ect and you will find the alt in either the doorway/ inn/ kitchen/ treasure room ect.
    3) When you alt has tailoring and you assign him to act like a tailor in your playerhouse you can order him to craft an item without sending him the mats and craft on him then send it back to yourself you give the mats and he will make it in the playerhouse for you.
    4) treasure room where you can display items from achievements, find it in the world.
    5) You can display your pets/mounts in the playerhouse.

S0 what do you think, and do you think playerhousing can still work in WoW and on what way.
    It would work only if blizzard do it in the same fashion they have implemented pet battles, a completely side activity that could be ignored by anyone who don't like it and that don't give any advantage in any of the other activities the game offer.
    Garrison (and order hall) are a fail because blizzard took the housing concept and twisted it into a core part of the game.
    Housing should be:
    A) totally skippable
    B) totally non relevant to story and character progression
    C) Need to span more than 1 xpack

1)House could be build in special phased or instanced zones, were a number of plots are available, you must buy the plot from the faction who rule over the zone.
    2)plot come in 3 different size, small (house size), medium (similar to a garrison rank 1), Large (bit larger than a garrison rank 3 including the port)
    3)House can be build using the zone architectural palette, aka if buy the plot in an orc zone you must build with orc structure, if you buy in an nelf controlled zone you build nelf looking structure
    4)Structures, furniture, etc. blueprints could come from reps, professions (even new one), dungeons, raids, pvp, pet battles and any other in game activity
    5)Player is absolutely autonomous in placing and decorating any kind of structure, furniture, blizzard don't ever need to butt in.
    6)Inside our house alts, pets, mounts move around and have dedicated structures
    7)You can have npc walking around and doing chores (nothing that impact the game aka no mission table of any sort)
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

I think people asked for housing, and Blizzard gave them garrisons.

People need to stop asking for housing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It works for some games and not for others. In my opinion, the concept is not a good fit for WoW. Open world, very little zoning, HUGE fuckin map, tons of interesting and beautiful landmarks. The last thing this title needs (in my opinion) is another little instanced hub for players to hang out in.

More customization is almost never bad, but at some point you have to consider how it affects the flow of the rest of the game. It'd be a shit tonne of resources spent for something that's 100% cosmetic and optional.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I think people asked for housing, and Blizzard gave them garrisons.

People need to stop asking for housing.
    or blizzard need to make it right not something like garrison
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by arunem View Post
    give me one example then of a game doing it right. Final Fantasy 14's housing was a disaster and garrison just removed all the players from the major cities since they could do everything a city provided without leaving their garrison
    Don't know anything about FF14 housing but I have heard far more positive then negative. In regards to WoW yah they botched garrisons but comparing that to player housing is like comparing a Corvette to a Chevette

Guessing you don't play many MMOs huh?

In regards to your question "give me one example then of a game doing it right?"

Easy Wildstar
    <drops the mic>
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    i want it.
    but blizzard refuses to listen like always.
    They listen. I know for a fact that people have been asking for this since the beta phases. It jut doesn't work for this game. Blizzard made the executive decision to keep it out.

You're going to have to accept that instead of acting like they owe you something they're not giving you.

Player housing would be nice if it allowed you to show off your achievements. The only way I'd take it seriously though is if they had some sort of special limited time stuff like... say killing the last mythic boss of a raid tier before the next tier comes out sort of thing. Maybe also have unique holiday trophies that you can only get during that event and then alter them from year to year so you know if you see the guy with the spooky blue ghost pumpkin that he got it Hallow's End 2017 or something. Would be a good way to get players to come back from time to time in order to stock up on some of the unique things. Would also be nice if they made it sorta like an optional grind? Maybe you start off with a dinky little house and you can farm some sort of currency to upgrade things inside of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Don't know anything about FF14 housing but I have heard far more positive then negative.
    Sup. FFXIV alpha veteran here. Housing is majorily overlooked in that game. Only a few select people really care about it and spend the ludicrous amount of cash to farm and craft the things to make the housing unique. They're also in huge housing plots so anyone can walk into your house at any time. There's also a very limited selection of housing plots and if you aren't quick enough to get a lease for the property, you just dont get a house. You've got to wait for one to open up then buy it from the last owner. It's a neat little side system, but it has NO impact on the game at all and, as I said, is largely ignored.

For Blizzard to add something like this from the ground up, they'd not only have to devote an internal team to it, but it would largely be considered as a waste of resources. The majority of our playerbase was bored and bitter about garrisons in the first month and they ACTUALLY HAD USEFUL PURPOSE. How do you think a pointless, character-sized doll house would go over with our community.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    No. You have a garrison, go there.

Runescape did player housing about 10 years ago. It sucked. It'll still suck, moreso in wow. MMORPG = Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game
    Yes, that is what MMORPG used to mean, and housing fits into that category.
    WoW's MMORPG has a different meaning now, Moderately Multiplayer Online Raiding Progression Game

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    They listen. I know for a fact that people have been asking for this since the beta phases. It jut doesn't work for this game. Blizzard made the executive decision to keep it out.

You're going to have to accept that instead of acting like they owe you something they're not giving you.
    there is a reason the phrase "blizzard hates fun" exists.
    anything fun blizzard removes or refuses to add it.

its "play the game how we tell you to."
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    give me one example then of a game doing it right. Final Fantasy 14's housing was a disaster and garrison just removed all the players from the major cities since they could do everything a city provided without leaving their garrison
    Umm Ultima Online...

Deleted
    Player housing just does not fit into the theme of the game.
    It's not World of Let's Settle Down.

We're supposed to be out, killing and murdering while pretending to save the world. The game places us in endless War. That's what defines the theme of the game. Cutesy little town houses don't sit well with that fantasy.

The Garrisons were exactly correct way to implement player housing in the WoW fantasy. Too bad the gameplay execution was piss poor.

Asheron's Call had player housing (with more than a few of the perks that folks ask for now) before WoW was even in alpha testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love player housing, though after seeing how people dealt with the Garrison, I have my doubts that it'll do much. Only way that player housing could have a chance, I feel, is if it has not effect on anything. No achievements except buying/getting it. No special quests. Items sold by vendors and crafted only.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    We're supposed to be out, killing and murdering while pretending to save the world. The game places us in endless War. That's what defines the theme of the game. Cutesy little town houses don't sit well with that fantasy.
    Same w/every other action based MMO that does have player housing you do understand that right? You do see how much fail is in your argument?

Star Wars Galaxies
    Ultima Online
    WildStar
    Rift
    EQ2
    Black Desert

I would check your 'facts' before you spout that there is no good Housing. Also, this is just off the top of my head.