Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    At this point, I have a feeling patch 7.1 is content that should have been in 7.0, and they just didn't have time to get it ready for launch.

"We'll just wait 2 months and release it, and call it 7.1! People are gonna freak out! How do they release content this fast they'll ask? We're awesome!"
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    A week before Halloween?

Bad move.
    It's an american holiday, the rest of the world doesn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    are you excited? i thought they'd gate it further. to Christmas area
    no really seeing it will be just 1 new dungeon and then 2 weeks waiting for 3 rbosses raid - wont change much in game tbh

maybe if 3/4 of bosses in kara wasnt rehash of old ones i woudl be more exited

I'm not complaining about the patch being released to early. I am complaining about Ion being promoted to game director more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    At this point, I have a feeling patch 7.1 is content that should have been in 7.0, and they just didn't have time to get it ready for launch.

"We'll just wait 2 months and release it, and call it 7.1! People are gonna freak out! How do they release content this fast they'll ask? We're awesome!"
    Well at least it has SOMETHING contrary to 6.1 a.k.a. "selfie cam patch" that mostly brought delayed Belf models.

But tbh, Blood vendor and alt rep changes are good, Karazhan is good even though not really much point to it since it doesn't have mythic+, Trial of Valor... well good it's delayed 2 weeks cuz it's still early in EN, Xavius lfr didn't even open yet ffs, and the lack of class balance changes is disturbing. Things like "we'll fix spriest... but not in 7.1 somewhere later soonTM" means they rushed it, they couldn't manage in time to fix things (like spriests being declined for mythic+ en masse).

Suramar questline? Well ok, gonna be like garrison campaign, do 1 quest per week and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So what is their excuse for gating a raid by 2 weeks this time? It has 3 fucking bosses for crying out loud.
    that only like a 100 guils killed Mxav yet?

I'm happy they gave us a date ahead of time. Hopefully they are able to stick to it :\

No not really excited. Pretty much over legion now. Was fub first couple weeks, but the boring WQ, the heavy time gating , how un friendly to alts it is and the Heavy RNG factor killed the fun for me. Not to mention my favorite classes just feel meh to play if not down right terrible. Letting my sub expire at the end of the month. Funny i stayed subbed all through WOD, dint like WOD, but Legion just feels like a insult for some reason
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviah View Post
    I literally created an account just to reply to this comment. The very definition of MMO is a massive MULTIPLAYER online game. It kind of infers that you would interact with other people in a social way. You CAN play this game as more of single player game, but it was never designed to be played that way. It is made for people to interact and do things together. That's why there are guilds and friends lists, etc. You are just being a grinch.
    Yes, and you still get it wrong. It says Multiplayer, NOT forced multiplayer. Massively Multiplayer Online simply means an online world or playfield where you can meet a massive amount of other people that you can interact with (or fight against) Nothing, nowhere and in no case does any of those letters for "you have to get in group with other people and have to talk to other people even if you just don't feel like in that moment".

So you created an account to share your opinion. That is great. But they are not facts. Oh and by the way: WoW DOES have those tools that let you experience groupcontent without the need to rp-talk yourself into a group, saying: playing solo. They are called LFD and LFR. So you are wrong on that one too. Not only do you not have a clue what MMO actually means, you also don't have a clue how WoW does work.

And there is no reason to act like a little child and call him a grinch. His way of playing doesn't hurt anybody. So what's up with this namecalling?

@Jtbrig7390: maybe you should take the advise of all those wise people and just stop playing for a while. Shows Blizzard the best way that you don't like their product.

I guess it's ok with a new patch?

Anyway, I'll just throw this question out here: is completing Arcway and Court of Stars a part of A Good Sumaritarian questline? I'm at 8/11 chapters and revered, but I haven't been to Suramar in quite some time. Nice zone, but "An illusion! Who goes there" is driving me mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    I guess it's ok with a new patch?

Anyway, I'll just throw this question out here: is completing Arcway and Court of Stars a part of A Good Sumaritarian questline? I'm at 8/11 chapters and revered, but I haven't been to Suramar in quite some time. Nice zone, but "An illusion! Who goes there" is driving me mad
    Nah you don't have to do them. Part 10 needs a Lord Xavius kill and part 11 needs 20000 revered with the Nightfallen or visa versa. The rest are just doing normal quests in the zone.

To be honest, idk if this is really a good move for blizzard..... such bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So what is their excuse for gating a raid by 2 weeks this time? It has 3 fucking bosses for crying out loud.
    ? they arn't gating the raid. They don't want to release it due to blizzcon in 3 weeks.

If they released the raid with 7.1 then Mythic would open the next Tuesday... Most raiders who are going to blizzcon are flying out that Wens/Thursday. So you want to release Mythic raid bosses and give guilds 24 hours to do it or else? Like for example from my guild alone we have between 10-14 main raiders going to blizzcon and renting a house for 4 days I believe so most are flying/driving out Thursday and Heading home Sunday/Monday.. They are Going to release the raid the Tuesday after Blizzcon to prevent Blizzcon from Interfering with Mythic Progression (Although with only 3 bosses Progression will probably be 1 day maybe 2 max depending on tuning)
    Last edited by ChickenChaser; 2016-10-16 at 11:06 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arunem View Post
    I'm not complaining about the patch being released to early. I am complaining about Ion being promoted to game director more than anything.
    Why would you complain about that? Ion is an amazing dev.

My only complaint is I've been too lazy to hit Exalted with the Nightfallen since I really only do their shit for emissary atm. But that is moreso on me.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    If anyone can answer this for me, because I may have missed it: For the new Suramar quests in 7.1, do I need to have the original questline done (a growing crisis/a change of seasons) before I can access this new set of quests.
    From what I understand, yes.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Nah you don't have to do them. Part 10 needs a Lord Xavius kill and part 11 needs 20000 revered with the Nightfallen or visa versa. The rest are just doing normal quests in the zone.
    nice, thanks for the info
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    The best thing about 7.1 is the crash and burn effect blood trader and new pot will have on the flask/pot market. I dont want WoD setting, where you would pot2 times on each wipe, because it was dirt cheap, but currently on AD flasks are still 1300-1800 (depending on when you buy it) and pots are 600g pr unit, which is waaaaaay over the top imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Why would you complain about that? Ion is an amazing dev.
    what makes him amazing? The fact that he twitches every 2 weeks to answer stupid questions and state the obvious? Such as "we should have listened during beta? why ofc they should have, thats the point of a beta. Or the fact that he drew a comparison between ferals and DH i.e. ST vs. AoE which kinda felt like an insult as DH AoE got butchered big time?

There is literally nothing new that he might bring to the table. Only thing which can be considered good is the fact that sometimes he comes forward and "explains" the twisted minds of blizzard and why they decided to do X or Y. That, however, doesnt make it better. The decisions made are still typical blizzard. Like "we dont want to boost a certain spec because people feel forced into it" so frost mages will suck the whole xpac because pros dont play frost because it lacks dmg, thus there's too little data to claim frost sucks....what?
    On the other hand that approach perfactly justifies butchering DH dps. because, since there's only 1 dps spec, you can kill it ...people would never switch to another role. just stick with shit, cuz there's no other way to deal dmg other than havoc.

Dude's arguments make me angry....it's unbelievable

Deleted
    I must admit; it caught me a bit off-guard.
    I expected 7.1 to come out about a month later.

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    The best thing about 7.1 is the crash and burn effect blood trader and new pot will have on the flask/pot market. I dont want WoD setting, where you would pot2 times on each wipe, because it was dirt cheap, but currently on AD flasks are still 1300-1800 (depending on when you buy it) and pots are 600g pr unit, which is waaaaaay over the top imo.
    What makes you think we don't pot twice per attempt nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    No not really excited. Pretty much over legion now. Was fub first couple weeks, but the boring WQ, the heavy time gating , how un friendly to alts it is and the Heavy RNG factor killed the fun for me. Not to mention my favorite classes just feel meh to play if not down right terrible. Letting my sub expire at the end of the month. Funny i stayed subbed all through WOD, dint like WOD, but Legion just feels like a insult for some reason
    I wouldn't unsub, because I'm not a quitter, and I like to raid, but this is defo an expansion I enjoy the least so far.

Even hated Cata was better, because 10 man hc raiding forced "bring the players not the class" so Blizz didn't have an excuse to leave some specs so pruned out of tools to be a one-trick pony. Even MOP was better because as much as I hated world of dailycraft I knew when I get exalted I can cut down on number of dailies I'm doing and atm rep are extremely unrewarding (zero reward for getting exalted) while you have to keep grinding dailies for AP and order resources.

This whole expansion seems to me like a 180 degree turn from WOD, unsuprising form Blizzard. WOD was good for people who logged only to raid and garrison. I wouldn't mind if they gave casual content but the current state of the game...

1. Professions are crap. Imbalanced as fuck, only things worth are herb, alchemy and enchanting. Everything else is a pointless gold sink.

2. Patterns for professions are crap. If you don't have a 3-star, you're worthless. And getting 3-star is usually... grind and be lucky. Before you would get an awesome pattern from getting exalted with a rep, or a drop from raid, or a dungeon, or a quest reward, not this... random proc shit. If it was random proc like engi / alchemy was at some point, you could get it fairly soon and not craft 1000 of an item and still don't see 3-star. Cooking is the pinnacle of awful. Everyone hates Nomi.

3. Gear is completely random. Ilvl, stats, legendaries, all that waters down the excitement from getting a piece of gear because it's nearly never optimal piece, picking an upgrade from titanforged piece with bad secondaries and lower ilvl piece with good secondaries is like a math equation makes the game unnecessarily complicated.

4. Legendaries on its own are 10% excitement, 40% disappointment and 50% frustration. Just check the forums, everyone whines on them and the rest whines on whiners. Barely anybody is happy. Except extreme casuals that go "oooh shiny... orange!" because they don't really care about the impact of the item just how "special" it is.

5. World quests... Too much travel time makes me go completely bored halfway through them, the more you cherry pick the ones you want, the more time you spend hsing and flying. Plus the talking head was funny for a week, tolerable for a month, now it's gonna piss me off for the rest of the 2 years expansion is up "we must bolster our ranks, seek out the withered..." fuck you Thalyssra. The same with the pvp towers, barely 1 line not any variety. And I tried an addon to disable this, only hides the graphic not the sound or chat print. The thought of "WQ are intended to be relevant whole expansion" and me doing those dailies for 2 years straight makes me super burnt out. At least golden lotus once it was done, was done.

6. State of consumables. No idea who thought it's awesome to make raiding expensive as fuck. Pots, augment runes, vantus runes, all that crap. Back to vanilla or what? Food buff, flask and cheap pots wouldn't be enough? At the moment you either have to grind herbs and gold for augment runes all day (can't farm them reliably, satchel isn't always up and lfr covers maybe 10% of your weekly needs), sell boosts, buy tokens, or raid gimped in comparison to those who use consumables. Even worse in high mythic+ where consumables make a colossal difference at 10+.

7. No flying while mobs scale to 110 and aggro all the time. Makes herbing, archeology and all such things a pita.

8. Many specs and classes feel unfun to play, overpruned, lacking tools to deal with situations. They lost 90% of their utility in 2 prune waves in WOD and MOP and with removal of major glyphs. The expansion is alt unfriendly as it is and now I have hard time finding a class and spec I would even enjoy as an alt.

9. The raid design is nothing to fawn upon either. Xavius being the worst culprit. On top of it his white room of nothingness killed my old pc (was having constantly 6 fps there and frame freezes), I had to buy a new one just to be able to raid, for that I would expect some breathtaking graphics and not white room of doom... The tuning of that boss was a joke too. The boring interiors of that raid in generally remind me of firelands, another place where everything looked the same, had the same color palette and so on.

10. I think I'm already seeing WOD syndrome... Trade chat is full of guilds 7/7 hc or 1-2 mythic that are bleeding out players and desperately trying to recruit to keep up to 20. Queues are gone 3-4 weeks after launch (a good thing to not worry about them, a bad thing to see drop in subs). Guilds already pugging to fill up to 20 for mythic Nyth. Yesterday I saw at least 2-3 spamming on my realm "semi guild run" "need a few range dps" (it's always range dps, btw, maybe sometimes healers).

TLDR: Karazhan will not fix it.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2016-10-17 at 09:49 AM.