Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Which is impossible. You can't set an ilvl higher than yours when creating a group.
    You can still write it in the description, look at the Ilvl of the people who sign up and only accept people at or above the ilvl you asked for though.

Quote Originally Posted by daltron View Post
    Oddly enough, I'm finding the reverse. I get invites for high mythic+ runs with +11 being my personal best on my 868 WW monk . However for the life of me, I get declined on just about every emerald normal/nightmare raids lol

I receive several "lolz" when i link my keystone conqueror achivement. Didn't think a normal xavius achievement was valued alot more
    It's the same thing as linking challenge conqueror gold in MoP and WoD...it's not really that important for raiding. I remember people trying to get in to heroic garrosh groups (before the mythic system was introduced and heroic was top-tier) by just linking they did all 9 mop challenge modes lol. It's just not the same experience as raiding even if it is only on normal.

- - - Updated - - -

Mythic+ wasn't truly intended for everyone especially once you start getting into the 8+ region or the 4/5/6 keystones and three chesting those dungeons.

Mythics as they stand are easy, but then again random pugs always make life difficult in those dungeons so they just SEEM more difficult than they actually are. When 830+ characters are only pulling 90k dps...that presents an issue that has nothing to do with blizzard, nothing to do with difficulty of the dungeons, but it has to do with the caliber of the player. Unfortunately, with titanforging in place...those players can have insane gear levels and still be complete shit. They queue up for mythic+ keystones and completely embarass themselves and it puts a sour taste in everyones mouth because they just wasted an easy two chest keystone on that one moron.

Thankfully, you have options. Since inviting based on ilvl and can be misleading now i just stick with running with guildies or people i know are good players for the higher level keystones.

Personally i hate greater keystones in warcraft and believe that should have been left to Diablo...but you make the best of what you are given.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

This was a Toto song, wasn't it?

I've been waiting so long
    Oh 99
    Where did we go wrong?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    This is why the Mythic feature is doomed. Or at least going to get a major overhaul, probably involving the automated LFD tool. And hilariously as the dungeons get easier due to us having better gear, the requirements groups set will go up, keeping them inaccessible to most players. Hilarious.
    Of course LFD cures all this and more but we just cant have that because that was progress and that moved the game forward. Nope has to be stone age bullshit mentality to appeal silly notions about difficult content that isnt even difficult. Reg mythic is a joke it should be in a que.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    hope they will never again do mythic dungeons it was a fail

10+ Year Old Account
    If 99% of the groups decline you, apply for 100 and you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by phuzy View Post
    I was ahead.of the gear curve since the get go on my demon hunter and always get into groips easily. 95% invite rate. For example now im 874ilvl. Who would say no to an 874 dh when you are looking for a dps? Been like that since expansion launch. Option 1) Be in a guild Option 2) Be good and ahead of the gear curve Option 3) Both

Or have shitty luck in week one and you are screwed for the entire expansion yep know how that works

Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    Does this seem like the average to you? 99% of the groups i apply for in group finder i am declined, on my 851 balance druid or my 854 WW.

quite discouraging
    100% of the time you can't be declined 99% of the time if you make your own group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    100% of the time you can't be declined 99% of the time if you make your own group.
    For a number of reasons this is an incredible poor suggestion. The solution does not lay with individual players, it is a problem of aggregation. The solution must be provided by the developers.

Everybody wants the best possible mytbic run they can get with the best players they can take. This makes total sense from an individual standpoint. At aggregate lvl this will simple not work. It takes 5 people to make a group. Some people will have to follow. You cannot all make your own groups.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I feel the OP's pain. My paladin raids as DPS, 868ilvl currently. I can pull 225k+ single and 300-500k AoE. Yet even for mythic 2-5 I'll get declined or just ignored when in the que. I can hardly ever get into a mythic + group as DPS and when I do it's because I know someone already in the group.

However it's the completely opposite when I'm prot. I can cherry pick what I want to do. My prot spec is 872ilvl and I don't think I've ever been turned down when applying for a mythic +. Anywhere from 2 to 9. 10+ is where people get picky and start checking armory, acheivs and such but for the two extremely rare 10+ groups I've seen on the LFG I've tanked both.

But that is the life of a DPS. When I'm making a group I get 20 DPS for ever tank and healer that ques and most of the time I just ignore what's there,unless it's 870+ or complements the group comp really well (When doing 7+ anything below 7 not really picky for)
    SWTOR Friend Referral code: http://www.swtor.com/r/DzSdz8
    (You get free stuff, I get free stuff, win/win!)

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Of course LFD cures all this and more but we just cant have that because that was progress and that moved the game forward. Nope has to be stone age bullshit mentality to appeal silly notions about difficult content that isnt even difficult. Reg mythic is a joke it should be in a que.
    "But but but...queues are antisocial, and you're playing an MMO. LFD/LFR ruined this game!"
    Am I saying it right?

To be perfectly honest, I'm at a point in my life that if I can't queue, I don't bother anymore. Coming home at 1-2 am after a 12 hour stressful shift, I am in absolutely no mood to deal with the dungeon finder nonsense. I've tried it and decided it's not worth my time.

Something tells me there are many others who feel similarly and all I can say, it's Blizzard's loss. There are other games to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    "But but but...queues are antisocial, and you're playing an MMO. LFD/LFR ruined this game!"
    Am I saying it right?

To be perfectly honest, I'm at a point in my life that if I can't queue, I don't bother anymore. Coming home at 1-2 am after a 12 hour stressful shift, I am in absolutely no mood to deal with the dungeon finder nonsense. I've tried it and decided it's not worth my time.

Something tells me there are many others who feel similarly and all I can say, it's Blizzard's loss. There are other games to play.
    Its all nonsense based on the most specious of reasoning. The idea that ques prevent people from forming social relationships in games is silly and contrary to experience. Well my experience at any rate. The group of players ive played the game with since at least wotlk i met in a dungeon que. See how would you even prove lfd had that effect? That people were less likely to form bonds. Less likely relative to what? And even if you could wouldnt it be better to incentivize people staying together once those groups were formed in the que as opposed to eliminating the que altogether?
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-10-16 at 06:19 PM.
    The hammer comes down:

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Guys I applied for a job with 100's of others but they chose someone more qualified than me. WTF fix this shit.
    Or you had the same qualifications on paper but your name didnt sound white enough to be called to an interview

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    Does this seem like the average to you? 99% of the groups i apply for in group finder i am declined, on my 851 balance druid or my 854 WW.

quite discouraging
    There is no reason you can't heal or tank on either of your toons. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post

But you can sit in town for 3hrs looking for tank and heals just like the old days where you had to spend 3hrs looking to get the group going and something came up oh well back to town for 3 more hours of looking so yeah spending 6hrs looking for something that takes 25min tops to finish really and folks wanted the old school SHIT back. well you got it enjoy your auto declines from me unless you got 880 or better gear

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorthalis View Post
    There is no reason you can't heal or tank on either of your toons. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.
    If he wanted to tank them he wouldnt be dps would he? if he wanted to heal them he wouldnt be dps either would he? so you are the problem if you think dps should be forced to do a roll they are not gearing for.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Sadly it is the life of a DPS nowadays. We cant use the good ole "Make your own group" rhetoric they love to spout on these forums either, i tried that yesterday and gave up after 2 hours or no tank or healer joining.

This is simply what happens when blizzard makes offspecs and alts tediously difficult to do.
    Wat

I did today 2 mythic+ dungeons and got both grps filled Up in about 15mins

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I haven't done a single Mythic yet on my 849 rogue or my 843 demon hunter. People don't trust people and all my friends stopped playing WoW multiple expansions ago. I'm not sure how to progress honestly
    we need mythic group finder simple as that. Only solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    i play a tank 862 and i play a healer 845 the moment i start a mythic dungeon group i have 10-15 + people queuing as dps , my question to you is what would you pick if you see 10+ people below 840 and 5 people above 850 , indeed :-)

as for people saying join a good guild i can only agree with them or add tanks/healer to your battlenet , i only have to show my face online and i get a ton of wispers asking if i can tank/heal yes even with people going lower then 820 for a mythic .

tanks/healers have a serious responsibility these days running mythic's and mythic's + we have to know each dungeon inside out have to know each encounter by the letter and we have to watch for heals mana what never was the case pre legion , and make sure to pick up dps's mistakes along the way so yeah i ques that gives us the right to be picky in the end about who we choose to join .

I switched mains this week from hunter to rDruid. Since my husband mains tank, we can obviously get a Mythic group running pretty darn quick.

What I can tell you I see on the side of a group with the tank/healer spot already filled is that dps apply so fast there's very little thought on our part in who the 3 people we bring in will be. I try to make sure we bring someone for bloodlust/heroism, but that's only a loose requirement. There's just not nearly enough healers for everyone. And I'm not going to deny we're grabbing the higher geared folks unless I know the lower geared player. Can you blame me for picking an 860+ player over an 840+? Would you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    Can you blame me for picking an 860+ player over an 840+? Would you?
    what she says , as a tank/healer you cant blame us, we have the chance to pick so we do it ..... think its the reward we get to level a toon from 100-110 in healing spec

and as mentioned earlier , roll a tank healer then you will understand why we respond like this

with great power comes great responsibility's and having these gives great benefits in the end ( being able to pick )