Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caip View Post

Has to be vrykul related, the models are too similar to be just a coincidence....
    True, but i'm starting to think that it's quite unlikely that it is in Stormheim, seeing as the main theory is Futhark and by now ppl must have combed every inch of Stormheim

Have we looked into trying to locate the runes on the sword in the broken isles?

I think I mentioned this in the other thread, but when Blizz teased an in-game Frostmourne, the flavor text was "Hail to the King, baby!", which is also the name of an achievement for Ymiron in Utgarde Pinnacle. Ymiron also drops the Red Sword of Courage, fwiw.

We do have a quest called "Advanced Runecarving" that begins and ends with Siegemaster Corvus.

I wanted to toss this one out there since maybe he's part of the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    We do have a quest called "Advanced Runecarving" that begins and ends with Siegemaster Corvus.

I wanted to toss this one out there since maybe he's part of the trigger.
    This. This sounds really promising. I'll see if I can find anything relating to this quest. In the meantime, has anyone gotten this quest?

EDIT: False alarm. This is just the quest we get when we're picking our first artifact trait.
    Last edited by Luminadrya; 2016-10-15 at 08:51 PM. Reason: New Info

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icedcoffeee View Post
    I think I mentioned this in the other thread, but when Blizz teased an in-game Frostmourne, the flavor text was "Hail to the King, baby!", which is also the name of an achievement for Ymiron in Utgarde Pinnacle. Ymiron also drops the Red Sword of Courage, fwiw.
    /hail when doing Ymiron in MoS... sounds a bit to easy

Try it tho

Quote Originally Posted by George91 View Post
    /hail when doing Ymiron in MoS... sounds a bit to easy

Try it tho

Already tried hailing during entire encounter with ak8

Has anyone else noticed that in Maw of Souls if you drag the big ugly dead guy over to that closed door, his breath will blow it open?

I'm not sure if it'll lead anywhere, but I'm hoping that if I drag him to the cage with the Runecarver in it, he'll blast that open.

Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that in Maw of Souls if you drag the big ugly dead guy over to that closed door, his breath will blow it open?

I'm not sure if it'll lead anywhere, but I'm hoping that if I drag him to the cage with the Runecarver in it, he'll blast that open.
    His breath opened neither the door nor the cage for me. I was tanking in Blood Spec on Normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnyr View Post
    His breath opened neither the door nor the cage for me. I was tanking in Blood Spec on Normal.
    I tanked him in blood on normal as well and when he died, he was right in front of the door. Facing it.

I could be entirely wrong about what opened the door, too.

Sorry if it wasted your time.

Deleted
    are frost dks the only class/spec that haven't found their HAA?

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Arms is still looking, too.

Nah, Arms warriors are also still in the dark, although they have much more information. Someone on the PTR managed to proc the quest chain which gives you the Arcanite Bladebreaker, but now they are just trying to figure out what exactly the trigger is such that the NPC is willing to give you the initial quest.

Meanwhile, we're still trying to figure out if the Glowing Runestone and Futhark are actually in the game...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Arms is still looking, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnyr View Post
    Nah, Arms warriors are also still in the dark, although they have much more information. Someone on the PTR managed to proc the quest chain which gives you the Arcanite Bladebreaker, but now they are just trying to figure out what exactly the trigger is such that the NPC is willing to give you the initial quest.

Meanwhile, we're still trying to figure out if the Glowing Runestone and Futhark are actually in the game...

i see, thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got a silly idea while searching on WoWHead...

What about:
    1) Get a http://www.wowhead.com/item=33639/glowing-runestone (the gray object).
    2) Get affected by http://www.wowhead.com/spell=218006/glowing-rune-axe from the NPCs in Stormheim, which (here comes my idea) would turn the gray object into:
    3) http://www.wowhead.com/item=132132/glowing-runestone, which also starts the quest.

Since other hidden skins come from gray objects, it's worth trying, but I'm at work right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcopper View Post
    I've got a silly idea while searching on WoWHead...

What about:
    1) Get a http://www.wowhead.com/item=33639/glowing-runestone (the gray object).
    2) Get affected by http://www.wowhead.com/spell=218006/glowing-rune-axe from the NPCs in Stormheim, which (here comes my idea) would turn the gray object into:
    3) http://www.wowhead.com/item=132132/glowing-runestone, which also starts the quest.

Since other hidden skins come from gray objects, it's worth trying, but I'm at work right now.
    Can you give an example of a gray item starting a quest? The ret paladin one uses the two books that used to be gray items, but were changed to white.
    Gray items are "vendor trash" can can't be used for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Solial View Post
    Can you give an example of a gray item starting a quest? The ret paladin one uses the two books that used to be gray items, but were changed to white.
    You need 20 starlight rose dust (grey) to summon the guy for the 3-star skill upgrade. But that is not starting a quest, though it DOES break the "grey" = don't care mantra. It's more that those are old items which makes it rather unlikely imho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solial View Post
    i dont think being grey rules it out entirely, but being from northrend likely does rule it out as the trigger

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think being grey rules it out entirely, but being from northrend likely does rule it out as the trigger
    Not obvious, since half of the paladin book comes from Alterac with isn't in Broken Isles either...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcopper View Post
    Not obvious, since half of the paladin book comes from Alterac with isn't in Broken Isles either...
    i dont know mucha bout the paladins, but does theirs trigger in broken isles? or is it triggered from the book in alterac? if so then i was wrong and we cant completely rule out it triggering from the old world.