Couldn't trade something even though you had something higher ilvl?

Did Blackrook 9 today and a 870 chest dropped for our healer however he couldn't trade it to me even though he had the 895 chest.

What's going on here?

If it was legendary, it doesn't count.

Defo was a drop and not a WQ reward or something? Happened to me the other day, got a decent trinket I didn't need, went to give it to a friend, then realised it was a wq not a drop

Quote Originally Posted by Bearygood View Post
    Did Blackrook 9 today and a 870 chest dropped for our healer however he couldn't trade it to me even though he had the 895 chest.

What's going on here?
    Did he use a coin and bonus roll by chance? Bonus loot cannot be traded.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legendarys are currently not being considered as your highest ilvl item in the slot they are in, for consideration of whether the game thinks an item should be tradeable. Bug report it--hopefully it will eventually get fixed. Also, if the item was coin/seal rolled, its not tradeable.
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Minaah View Post
    Legendarys are currently not being considered as your highest ilvl item in the slot they are in, for consideration of whether the game thinks an item should be tradeable. Bug report it--hopefully it will eventually get fixed. Also, if the item was coin/seal rolled, its not tradeable.
    Depressing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RayenDark View Post
    Did he use a coin and bonus roll by chance? Bonus loot cannot be traded.
    Cant bonus roll in mythic plus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearygood View Post

What's going on here?
    Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    If it was legendary, it doesn't count.
    I was just about to comment, but then @omni 's comment came and I'm like.. "Shit.. HC WF cloak gone, thanks to me having a legendary... "
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..