Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Sup. FFXIV alpha veteran here. Housing is majorily overlooked in that game. Only a few select people really care about it and spend the ludicrous amount of cash to farm and craft the things to make the housing unique. They're also in huge housing plots so anyone can walk into your house at any time. There's also a very limited selection of housing plots and if you aren't quick enough to get a lease for the property, you just dont get a house. You've got to wait for one to open up then buy it from the last owner. It's a neat little side system, but it has NO impact on the game at all and, as I said, is largely ignored.

For Blizzard to add something like this from the ground up, they'd not only have to devote an internal team to it, but it would largely be considered as a waste of resources. The majority of our playerbase was bored and bitter about garrisons in the first month and they ACTUALLY HAD USEFUL PURPOSE. How do you think a pointless, character-sized doll house would go over with our community.
    blizzard so thing like that all the time, pet battles are a paramount example of a thing that many player enjoy and that in no way influence the game, the proble is that the current team is focused only into activity that reward gears and don't care much for other thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    If done right player housing is content, although it may be content you are not interested in.

Wild Star had amazing player housing and is actually one of the few things about the game I do miss. If WoW were to copy their housing w/some tweeks I would be very pleased.

It is nice running a dungeon, raid, kill mobs, and seeing a item drop that you can use to decorate your house.. that creates replay value by giving us something to progress our character that isn't gear related.

- - - Updated - - -

Best player housing EVER!!!!

Required no not at all, more convenient yes .. but not required.

again nope.. did you even play Wildstar or are you just making assumptions from what you read? Nothing about the housing was required beyond what you did in the leveling experience.

What is it that is said when someone talks like that about any other aspect of a MMO?..... oh yah. "Learn to play noob or GTFO"

Honestly if you found it difficult that is a you problem that was the easiest user interface for building .. hell it was easier then the Lego MMO that is (or was) in beta for a bit... Granted not as easy as Minecraft .. but still
    uhh it had a mine and garden, both free gatherings... in a mmo thats called "required"
    it allowed for free gathering of crafting goods...

and show me your wildstar house then
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Didn't Blizzard call garrisons their answer to player housing? (As piss poor as they were.)
    I want to say the quote was something like, "Garrisons are player housing on steroids". IMO, it fell way short. It still felt more like character housing than player housing.

I love the ideas the OP has for crafting on alts without being forced to log off/on a bunch of times. All of your alts on that server should be in the player housing and your account bank/treasury should be there. That way folks don't feel like they have to create bank alts with personal guilds.

Anything BOA could be stored in the account treasury.

This would transcend expansions and would be tied to the capital city of your choice - including racial capitals as well as expansion capitals, but each captial should have a portal where you would enter your house.

Back to the main thing I like though is interacting and crafting on alts without having to log in and out over and over. Seems like Blizz could even make it seemless to switch toons while in your house. Maybe they would have vehicle bar with special buttons for professions and what not, and that toon could access their own bank and the account bank.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Deleted
    my own wish list for housing, is.....
    when Suramar storyline finally gets concluded, they turn around and say "hey thanks for all you done to save us, here have this house and plot of lands to grow stuff"
    No i dont mean like draenor mines etc, more panda farm in a city

Meh I'm past the point where I would trust them to do actual housing now and not fuck it up somehow.

I don't think WoW needs player housing, really. Order Hall style housing = as far as I'll stretch, Garrisons didn't feel good at all other than how easy it was to use them for gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Meh I'm past the point where I would trust them to do actual housing now and not fuck it up somehow.
    Yeah, and this as well.

ArcheAge does player housing quite nicely, but it's a very different MMORPG from WoW to begin with...

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I don't think WoW needs player housing, really. Order Hall style housing = as far as I'll stretch, Garrisons didn't feel good at all other than how easy it was to use them for gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, and this as well.

ArcheAge does player housing quite nicely, but it's a very different MMORPG from WoW to begin with...
    Archeage is trash imo. Best 2 games for housing right now Wildstar and I can't believe I'm saying this but Rift. FF14 does well but problem is there are only 13 wards per housing estate on each server and on extremely high population ones that's an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    blizzard so thing like that all the time, pet battles are a paramount example of a thing that many player enjoy and that in no way influence the game, the proble is that the current team is focused only into activity that reward gears and don't care much for other thing.
    To me that's how they should do it. Follow the pet battle concept, where there's fun stuff do and and you can progress, but it's completely unrelated to gear progression or farming gold.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

WoW, children will never know the joy of player housing like Black Desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    WoW, children will never know the joy of player housing like Black Desert.
    How do you know they don't play the other MMO's with housing as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like the idea of player housing... but then I'm a role player, so... xD but here's how I can see to make it work:

1.) Every single actual town and city (as in, real down, not just some backwater fort somewhere) has an empty house that can be bought with gold by talking to an NPC out front.
    2.) Customizable with items from achievements, or from special vendors (combination f OP's idea and my own)
    3.) Make it so that people in your party can visit each others' houses WITHOUT needing a toggle.
    4.) Customize a room our outdoor area to serve as a profession area (for crafting only, not a resource dump like Garrisons)
    5.) Make it COMPLETELY OPTIONAL a la pet battling.

I can see why people in normal servers treat the idea of player housing a small needless bullshit, but us RPers would abuse the high holy hell out of this concept if done well. My night elf could finally actually live in Astranaar instead of "living" there.
    Last edited by Shizari; 2016-10-16 at 07:36 PM.

I feel as if, if WoW had had player housing early in its life, it could have worked beautifully. Nowadays, not a chance.

It's one of those things that I feel like should be purely for fun/convenience, and for that reason I think it would fail. The playerbase is too ingrained at this point in doing things optimally rather than enjoying the game and I think if a housing system was implemented this late in the game's lifetime it would be doomed to fail or at least not do as well as it once could have.

And honestly based on them saying that Garrisons were planned to be WoW's "housing" so to speak, I really don't want them to try again.

a place to call my own would be nice.
    murder hobos is getting old.

i want a place go to and relax after all my murdering.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Same w/every other action based MMO that does have player housing you do understand that right? You do see how much fail is in your argument?
    You mean the lesser, bad MMOs that never got any subscribers? Yes, they probably have player housing. Let them.
    Don't bring that crap to WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be a good way for Blizz to bring in some revenue. Make housing purely cosmetic, and make decorations and stuff buyable from the Blizz Store.

Deleted
    I'd like housing plus Guildhousing.
    Housing for one person, able to invite people in (via group/raid). Highly customizable with things from various activities out in the world, no vendor, no AH.
    Guildhousing for the Guild (obviously^^) maybe allowing to set it to 'private' if theres kind of a guild meeting or 'open', in case you'd want other people to be in there. Also with customizing options from different activities and maybe for a guild "theme" if you have one.
    Both things should be in places that you can choose from: want a little farm in Redridge? want an appartment in a town? .. That kind of choice. Farm in Redrigde would be a basic human farm, inside you can customize with whatever you find out in the world. Farm in Durotar would ofc be a basic orcish farm and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    You mean the lesser, bad MMOs that never got any subscribers? Yes, they probably have player housing. Let them.
    Don't bring that crap to WoW.
    Yup just like those ones that wow was a clone of, lol

Come on man don't be such a fanboy that you think everything outside of wow is crap. The game has stole hundreds of ideas from other games, and almost all for the better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Yup just like those ones that wow was a clone of, lol

Come on man don't be such a fanboy that you think everything outside of wow is crap. The game has stole hundreds of ideas from other games, and almost all for the better.
    It shouldn't steal the bad ideas though. Keep player housing in My Little Pony Online. WoW doesn't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    It shouldn't steal the bad ideas though. Keep player housing in My Little Pony Online. WoW doesn't need it.
    Eh, on the internet you're going to find some idiot who thinks everything is a bad idea. You can't let that stop you, if Blizzard required 100% of the playerbase to be on side with every change we would still be playing wow 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    We all know Garrisons failed hard in WoD, but that does not mean a playerhouse cant work in WoW.
    Next to sub-races this might be the most asked feature by the community so on what way can it work?

My idea is to give players a house in one of the main capitals (1 per account - see it as an account-house)
    Have it one per account has advantages and disadvantages. Personally, I prefer one per character. Some people will complain about it. I suppose players can opt to account share or not would be a nice feature.

1) In this house you see your alts walking around as NPC's.
    If it was account side, I can see a problem were people will create their max 50 alts and have them walk around the house.

4) treasure room where you can display items from achievements, find it in the world.
    5) You can display your pets/mounts in the playerhouse.
    I think this is pretty much what most players would primary like. A display of their achievements in game, in terms of items items collect it. Maybe even some tapestry of their title.