Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why are we killing helya?

So I'm assuming in 7.1 we kill helya a sadly tragic villian, I mean I get she's unpleasant but I have to ask, why? She's literally a villian created by the "heroic leader" odyn. All of this is literally his fault yet he wants us to end her because he made a mistake.

It really sucks feeling like a puppet by a person, I know ingame no one has told us the full relationship between them and all we know is that helya creates and leads the kvaldir, but it's not like they are any worse then normal vykrul that try to kill us all the time,never those that worship odyn want us dead cause they see us as weaker, so seriously why do we kill odyn failed creation who has a legit grudge against? More importantly why is the horde doing it, if helya dies sylvannas can't get another lantern...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    So I'm assuming in 7.1 we kill helya a sadly tragic villian, I mean I get she's unpleasant but I have to ask, why? She's literally a villian created by the "heroic leader" odyn. All of this is literally his fault yet he wants us to end her because he made a mistake.

It really sucks feeling like a puppet by a person, I know ingame no one has told us the full relationship between them and all we know is that helya creates and leads the kvaldir, but it's not like they are any worse then normal vykrul that try to kill us all the time,never those that worship odyn want us dead cause they see us as weaker, so seriously why do we kill odyn failed creation who has a legit grudge against? More importantly why is the horde doing it, if helya dies sylvannas can't get another lantern...
    Maybe we kill her to GET a new lantern...or Sylvanas' debt was to return and put her out of her misery.

Deleted
    It's norse Mythology.

Helya is "Hel" (guess where the english word hell came from) godess of dishonorable death and diseases.

Odyn is Oden.

Hel is the daughter of Loke and Angrboda, she rules Helheim, part of Nifeheim and is building the ship Naglfar which will take Hryms horde along with Loke and Surturs armies to Vigrids battlefield during Ragnarok.

She's a bad girl in mythology she's a bad girl in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryttge View Post
    It's norse Mythology.

Helya is "Hel" (guess where the english word hell came from) godess of dishonorable death and diseases.

Odyn is Oden.

Hel is the daughter of Loke and Angrboda, she rules Helheim, part of Nifeheim and is building the ship Naglfar which will take Hryms horde along with Loke and Surturs armies to Vigrids battlefield during Ragnarok.

that should sum up about 80% of tattered banners and bloody flags.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryttge View Post
    It's norse Mythology.

Odyn is Oden.

in Norse Mythology, Hel wasnt the adopted daughter of Oden, murdered when she disagreed with him, and then forcibly raised into a valkyr, only to break away and create Helheim to spite him for all he did to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Because the PCs don't know about the Odyn/Hel background story and Hel already shown that she doesn't care about us and is sending her Kvaldir to invade the Broken Island.

Deleted
    Helya was as much a victim as any of the other Spirit Healers still residing in the Shadowlands. The difference is, she turned hateful and vengeful and after being freed by Loken under the guidance of Yogg Saron acted on that. Her darkened heart made Helheim the horrible place it is.
    She was wronged? Yes. So were a lot more than she. She turned 'evil' because of that, the others didn't. She is the one that makes afterlife a misery to thousands of innocent souls.

Should we have a word with Odyn about his arrogance and ignorance while creating the Val'kyr? Sure. But maybe he already learned a thing or two of which we don't know, because Eyir is the one who took Helya's place and her life doesn't seem to be a living hell. I sure hope we get to teach him something about his arrogance and ignorance at the time when he created Helya, if hasn't learned that it was his own mistake that lead to all that came afterwards.

But there's still the problem that right now, Helya is the one stealing souls and making Hel a hell. I don't even know if her death can change that, but we will see. Maybe even a temporary death can at least free the souls she holds.

I hope that the reason for Helya being a val'kyr in the first place is brought up in-game. Way too often do the crimes of people who look nice and pretty and made of gold with fire beards and stuff go unmentioned by anyone, and thus they're assumed by most to be paragons of justice and honor and stuff (like Jaina, Vereesa, and the Kirin Tor, none of whom's actions/indifference during the Purge are brought up by anyone except Rommath, but they're always forgotten because Blizzard doesn't want to tell the story that the Kirin Tor are biased scumbags who've stood by and let their Blood Elven colleagues be rounded up unjustly twice right now.) It's tiresome, so I hope Blizzard brings it up in-game or elsewhere in lore so that people don't just automatically assume they're working for a good guy who's done no wrong when they kill Helya for those sweet purples.

Odyn punished King Ymiron for having his people serve the Scourge by sending him to Helheim, where dishonorable warriors go. By his own law, Odyn belongs in Helheim for betraying his most loyal servant Helya by murdering her and forcing her to be the first of his Val'kyr.

And Helya wasn't corrupted by Yogg-Saron, she was convinced to turn against Odyn by Loken, because Odyn deserved to pay for what he did to her. At least that's what her WoWPedia says.

In Norse mythology Hel is respected, hell, at one point the gods needed Tor to be brought back from the dead and she refused, she only accepted it in the end by Frey / or freya crying or singing or some shit like that. All the gods respected Hel.

Because she wants TO DROWN US ALL, LIKE RATS
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiacalMannequin View Post
    In Norse mythology Hel is respected, hell, at one point the gods needed Tor to be brought back from the dead and she refused, she only accepted it in the end by Frey / or freya crying or singing or some shit like that. All the gods respected Hel.
    It was Baldr that had been killed, and the deal was that she would allow him to return if every living creature wept for him. Only Loki, disguised as a hag declined, thus condemning Baldr to Hell.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Isn't what Odyn did to Helya the same Sylvanas does to Alliance members?

10+ Year Old Account
    one thing people seem to forget is that we sadly need Odyn for the war effort.

Odyn is "sort off" stuck in the halls of valor, and yes i know the havi/odyn thing.... but then again avatars or projections are always weird.

but to get on point. a much we might hate it. Sadly Odyn is the one we can atleast get some trust in to help us fight the Legion. Helya doesn't care. No mater how sad the story is. No mater how many sides there are. What we need at this time are those who are willing to fight the legion.
    That is one of the reason why we would help Odyn. Not because we want to or because he told us. It is because if we help him defeat helya his forces in the halls of valor are free and we gained another fighting force against the legion until we can stop the portal.

No Tusk Club.

7+ Year Old Account
    We are killing Helya because Odin tells us to He does not need a reason, because he is our boss-guy and we like pleasing him

OT, They proberly have some fued which needs dealing with Something about Odin not being able to leave the Halls of Valor and can only help us VS the legion when she is dead.

But we don't know how the fight ends, so she might surrender or something
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    stop trying to derail threads, this thread is about helya and odyn, if you want to whine and bitch about sylvanas like you always do either open a thread or do it in one of the existing threads.

- - - Updated - - -

OT: we are killing her because blizzard loves to ignore stuff and present everything that glows and is yellow as good and pure and everything that is dark and has tentacles as bad and corrupted.

Formerly known as Arafal

Uhm...because she drops purples?

I still thinks Odyn is the bad guy in the story. All the other keepers got easily corrupted by old god Yoggy. Odyn did not because he walked away before it could happen. But with the upcoming rise of Nzoth I believe Odyn is already his pawn.
    Last edited by Bumbac; 2016-10-16 at 09:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    vengeance for the walrus people!

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It was Baldr that had been killed, and the deal was that she would allow him to return if every living creature wept for him. Only Loki, disguised as a hag declined, thus condemning Baldr to Hell.
    fuck me you're right. Yeah it was totally Baldr, 20years ago I read about that stuff my memory is abit hazy. Thanks for correcting me!
    I suppose I mixed it up with other stories
    cheers

OT: Apperantly she is an obstacle for Odyn, and Odyn seemingly wants to help us defeat the legion -
    Personally I would much rather prefer to murder Odyn and the Valarajrajras, the voice acting on those guys annoys me to no end.
    Perhaps we get lucky and Odyn gets corrupted or simply turning against us as soon as he is free
    Last edited by ManiacalMannequin; 2016-10-16 at 09:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    stop trying to derail threads, this thread is about helya and odyn, if you want to whine and bitch about sylvanas like you always do either open a thread or do it in one of the existing threads.

- - - Updated - - -

OT: we are killing her because blizzard loves to ignore stuff and present everything that glows and is yellow as good and pure and everything that is dark and has tentacles as bad and corrupted.
    Seriously, whats the different? Helya was able to betray Odyn when she wanted to do it, so the seemed to stil have her free will. So there is no difference. One is killed, turned into an Undead (only that Val'kyr are powerful and holy Beings when they are pure, beings every Paladin would want to be) and then free to do whatever they want. I simply don't get it why it is soooooooo evil when Odyn does it and rather okay when Sylvanas does it?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Ha ha. No. Sylvanas doesn't enslave the Forsaken. An actual good closer comparison would be Arthas and Sylvanas.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol