Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    can someone tell me what the difference between "indirect zone mob drop" and "direct zone mob drop" is?
    It's just something I came up with to summarize two separate ways of attaining HAAs. Holy Pallies and Fire Mages have the Direct style because they loot the HAA directly off of some (particular) mob in a (particular) zone. Affliction Warlocks and Havoc Demon Hunters have the Indirect style because they only get the HAA indirectly after looting some other object off of some (particular) mob in a (particular) zone. In other words, these two specs get a specific item from that mob, and then proceed to use that item indirectly to get their HAA, rather than just looting the HAA directly off of the mob.

You'll note that much of the talk surrounding the Glowing Runestone sounds like the Indirect style, and so I originally thought that the Glowing Runestone was probably dropped by some (particular) mob in a (particular) zone, and would then indirectly lead us to Futhark and our HAA. I've lost confidence in this idea, though, since nobody has yet found either the Runestone or Furthark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnyr View Post
    It's just something I came up with to summarize two separate ways of attaining HAAs. Holy Pallies and Fire Mages have the Direct style because they loot the HAA directly off of some (particular) mob in a (particular) zone. Affliction Warlocks and Havoc Demon Hunters have the Indirect style because they only get the HAA indirectly after looting some other object off of some (particular) mob in a (particular) zone. In other words, these two specs get a specific item from that mob, and then proceed to use that item indirectly to get their HAA, rather than just looting the HAA directly off of the mob.
    right, thats what i thought, i just didnt want to start making assumptions if i had the definitions wrong

This whole thing is super-frustrating. We have some cryptic clues, and no way to tie it to anything of value right now. The two theories I think hold stock is the Futhark one or the, ahem, family matters of Spiritwalker Ebonhorn (also named Ebyssian). Something about a Grey thing?

Anyway, I was going over some WoWhead stuff. Had a curious thought, what undead mobs were added this patch? Curiously, there are a lot of them around Uther's tomb. Wtf is that about?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    This whole thing is super-frustrating. We have some cryptic clues, and no way to tie it to anything of value right now. The two theories I think hold stock is the Futhark one or the, ahem, family matters of Spiritwalker Ebonhorn (also named Ebyssian). Something about a Grey thing?

Anyway, I was going over some WoWhead stuff. Had a curious thought, what undead mobs were added this patch? Curiously, there are a lot of them around Uther's tomb. Wtf is that about?
    The Grey One is not a very likely lead (although it is certainly still possible), simply because it has WAY too much lore put into it in order to be a real option. It sounds much more like a quest for a later patch or something with a class hall. *Spoilers* Apparently, we are going to accidentally free The Grey One's spirit from his stone imprisonment in Neltharion's Vault. Then, this spirit is going to go possess the previous Chieftain of the Highmountain clan (the one the Drogbar assassinated). Then, The Grey One starts heading into some spiritual plane, and we must confront him there before he reaps great havoc on the world in some way. I presume much of that will have to do with The Grey One's thirst for vengeance, since Deathwing chose to make him an example to all of the other Drogbar slaves. *End Spoilers*.

The Undead around Uther's Tomb are probably from the Ret Paladin Artifact quest, where one goes there to seek Uther's guidance and, while there, purifies tons of spirits who have become restless following the fall of the Light at the Broken Shore.

Edit: Just used Skaggldrynk near The Grey One to no apparent effect.
    Last edited by Gungnyr; 2016-10-16 at 09:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post

Paladin artifact Q

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnyr View Post
    I think, now, that Option 5 (World Bosses) is the most likely.
    I agree. We're banging our heads against rediculous fan-theories and it's going to end up being a simple drop from something that just hasn't been in game yet.

What have you guys been talking about collecting souls and all that? And throwing the weapon? How do you do either of these i'm lost. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I agree. We're banging our heads against rediculous fan-theories and it's going to end up being a simple drop from something that just hasn't been in game yet.

its going to really suck if it is that :|

i've read some of this thread and honestly that seems the most likely, unless blizzard would put our HAA behind a stupid series of objectives / quests that have no indication if where to start them, they would never do that, would they?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    was checking all worldbosses via atlasloot .. there is this vrykul trio - soul stealer (? not sure about my english translation). they are sent by helya to rob the ancient graves of the vrykul kings. maybe they looted this dark rune from one of the kings

Was doing Corrupted Essence final story line (after completing the 30 Runes from EN, and doing all the Mythic dungeons).

Came into Halls of Valor and found this. The giant Rune in the middle of the room was listed as "locked". Switched to Frost (I am main Blood DK) - locked message went away but unable to click.

https://gyazo.com/8c7a39157c8ee094ba547d2f7315d9f8

Kixxish - Illidan
    Last edited by Kixx-Kevoh; 2016-10-16 at 09:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kixx-Kevoh View Post
    Was doing Corrupted Essence final story line (after completing the 30 Runes from EN, and doing all the Mythic dungeons).

Came into Halls of Valor and found this. The giant Rune in the middle of the room was listed as "locked". Switched to Frost (I am main Blood DK) - locked message went away but unable to click.

https://gyazo.com/8c7a39157c8ee094ba547d2f7315d9f8

Kixxish - Illidan

can you post a picture of where it says locked?

Quote Originally Posted by IronSavior View Post
    was checking all worldbosses via atlasloot .. there is this vrykul trio - soul stealer (? not sure about my english translation). they are sent by helya to rob the ancient graves of the vrykul kings. maybe they looted this dark rune from one of the kings
    Of note, if our World Boss drop is anything like that of Enhancement Shamans, then we can expect 2 or 3 bosses to drop the HAA, not just one. The World Bosses that Fury needs to kill, by contrast, are specific but also easy to identify based on the items involved.

Switched back to blood. Doesnt show now. Ill try to do another HOV run right now to see if that will work sorry.

Switched back to blood. Doesnt show now. Ill try to do another HOV run right now to see if that will work sorry.
    Was your back to the locked portcullis door?

Well... it's becoming clearer it has to be AK gated. You guys have been everywhere, should be a bloody title really, and sweet stuff all. What I want to know is time. How long is it takin for the levels of AK for you higher peeps? Reason being, it's entirely possible ours was mathematically calculated to be 'available' at say AK12 just before 7.1 comes out. Put aside any other considerations. I've been playing this game a loooooong time, and NEVER have I seen a class based thingummy this bloody hard to get!! With a high AK level it makes perfect sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psaro View Post
    Was your back to the locked portcullis door?
    thats why i was asking for a pic of it saying locked, im pretty sure if there was a massive plate on the floor that says "locked" someone would have noticed it by now, but i think the door to odyn says locked before it opens?

- - - Updated - - -

yeah i think like its said above, its only happening when your back is to the door that leads to odyn, i think its interacting with that, sorry!

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749126415

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    thats why i was asking for a pic of it saying locked, im pretty sure if there was a massive plate on the floor that says "locked" someone would have noticed it by now, but i think the door to odyn says locked before it opens?

- - - Updated - - -

yeah i think like its said above, its only happening when your back is to the door that leads to odyn, i think its interacting with that, sorry!
    Ah ok sorry. Follow the thread. Was hoping it was a lead for you guys~!

Deleted
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749126415

- - - Updated - - -

Ah ok sorry. Follow the thread. Was hoping it was a lead for you guys~!
    i could be wrong, that forum topic has other people confirming it so might not be completely nothing i guess?

but to me the way the gear icon disappears when the camera is moved makes me thing it was interacting with the door to odyn, if you're still in HoV with the door locked, could you mouse over it and see if it says the same thing?

just moused over door. its the door to odyn. Sorry for the jumpiness! Got excited for Frost DKs