Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isoge View Post
    well... there we go again, more rogue nerfs! great----
    "If Frost mages were buffed slowly into being the best spec, lots of Fire players will be upset about the effort they already put into their artifact and gear."

And we wouldn't want to upset those mages. But nerfing Outlaw to the ground right before Mythic opening was fine...

Due to some other changes made to the game, at no point in the game's history have primary stats been less valuable in relation to secondary stats.
    Armor Penetration in WOTLK would like to have a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    Don't hurry too much about the shadow. I mean, another half of an expansion in the gutter is nothing compared to the last decade or so. We are used to it. Keep us as pvp easy rip apart victims, keep us slow at leveling, soloing, running etc, keep us with bad aoe, useless self-heal and crappy counter cds...force the most complex mechanics that have to be executed flawlessly to not have a huge damage decrease on us...change the role of our class with every expansion...keep us with a mechanic that means tpo dot multiple targets at a time while having a tab-function that targets far away groups at times...that's nothing new. We are all masochists anyway. But seriously...that you made it MANDATORY to die to even be able to roughly compete with others and thought that is a good idea, is like...the glorious icing to the cake.
    If the basic idea of an evil priest wouldn't be cool then nobody...and I mean NOBODY on this planet would play shadow cause there simply is no other reason for it. But hey, it's just the 100 talent that is a bit flawed....sure.
    "to roughfly compete you have to die"
    You don't compete with a SP, he finish first anyway don't be silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnosh View Post
    Ofc, ring gives you a 10% chance to proc out of your pet melee attacks. Bracers are like 15% of your damage (quoting GM from Exorsus the world first EN guild) so yeah it does change a lot.
    Boosting dps =/= spec doesnt work.

Hey nothing for affliction warlocks?! They probably forgot this spec even exist at this point.

Nothing again for feral's In Mythic dungeon?? --'

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    That person is Jay Wilson and hes already left Blizzard.
    How they could even allow that idiot near another product after he almost single-handedly murdered Diablo 3 is beyond me.
    Now we can only hope they get Josh Mosqueira to undo some of the damage on WoW ...

Multi-shot only hits the mobs you are attacking, so the technology to make the same true of barrage exists, why don't they implement it?

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yep, blizzard can't win.

Release content too slow? People whine.

Release content more quickly? People whine.
    It's almost as if there's more than two people playing WoW that have differing opinions but that's unpossible!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loanel View Post

[...]

Guess it's about time i reroll. In a single character focused expansion.
    Jop, that's why I rerolled from my 861 DK (unholy, at least) to Hunter some days ago. It hurts, but with Blizzard not showing any love for some classes or specs, this seems to be the better choice for the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    It's almost as if there's more than two people playing WoW that have differing opinions but that's unpossible!
    Like clockwork, the canned "#NotAllWoWPlayers" response comes out.

What kills me is that you are catering to flavor of the month. I could care less about what other mages are playing. Your job should be to maintain class balance. I think it's proposterous your actually saying we all should be fire, just cause the top guilds chose a inferior spec for survival. I am maining arcane. It's much more reliable and the Dps is awesome. Know one understands this cause fire is the flavor of the month. It better not be the entire expansion. How is it fair to the people who pick a spec they enjoy, rather than being a copy cat. Just really sick of specism. So sick of it. Every spec should be valid and catered too.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky1987 View Post
    What kills me is that you are catering to flavor of the month. I could care less about what other mages are playing. Your job should be to maintain class balance. I think it's proposterous your actually saying we all should be fire, just cause the top guilds chose a inferior spec for survival. I am maining arcane. It's much more reliable and the Dps is awesome. Know one understands this cause fire is the flavor of the month. It better not be the entire expansion. How is it fair to the people who pick a spec they enjoy, rather than being a copy cat. Just really sick of specism. So sick of it. Every spec should be valid and catered too.
    I hate to break this to you, but Fire has been Flavor of the Decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    This is not a luxury. This is a mandatory portion of damage.
    The devs really should be looking at this, and just baking that 10% into the talents. It makes no sense. They claim they design the bosses without pots in mind, but they know guild require them.

Pots are supposed to be last-minute, save your ass boosts for dire spots, or you've gotten a boss down to 2% and you don't want to wipe, or in more extreme situations make up for gear that hasn't been won by the player yet, or for curses and such that dampen dps or spell/action effects.

They really should go back to vanilla, put long cooldowns on pots, and put that 10% into the spec, not into consumables. You have all this room on the talent tree now, too.

Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    How they could even allow that idiot near another product after he almost single-handedly murdered Diablo 3 is beyond me.
    Now we can only hope they get Josh Mosqueira to undo some of the damage on WoW ...
    Jay Wilson is the Jared of Blizzard lol. There's a reason why that 5$ footlong meme stuck back in the D3 days. Instead of dropping him like a hotpan they decided to hang onto him and let it burn their hands. They wouldn't even say what he was doing when they moved him to WoW to avoid backlash.

Obviously it was RNG lol.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    The devs really should be looking at this, and just baking that 10% into the talents. It makes no sense. They claim they design the bosses without pots in mind, but they know guild require them.

Pots are supposed to be last-minute, save your ass boosts for dire spots, or you've gotten a boss down to 2% and you don't want to wipe, or in more extreme situations make up for gear that hasn't been won by the player yet, or for curses and such that dampen dps or spell/action effects.

They really should go back to vanilla, put long cooldowns on pots, and put that 10% into the spec, not into consumables. You have all this room on the talent tree now, too.
    If they were serious about it as well as the "too much burst on pull" issue they tried to fix last expansion with trinkets and talents desynching theyd remove the prepot mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Testaxc View Post
    Jay Wilson is the Jared of Blizzard lol. There's a reason why that 5$ footlong meme stuck back in the D3 days. Instead of dropping him like a hotpan they decided to hang onto him and let it burn their hands. They wouldn't even say what he was doing when they moved him to WoW to avoid backlash.

Obviously it was RNG lol.
    He was moved to the WoW team during WoD, when the Warforged system, IIRC reared its ugly head. Either its a massive conincidence Diablo style loot made its way to WoW during his tenure on the team or hes partly to blame.

Jay Wilson alone wouldnt have made the decision though, surely he was at the bottom of the idea chain. SURELY.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Boosting dps =/= spec doesnt work.
    When your spec is behind everyone else on sims and needs that boost to be competitive enough to be considered for a raid spot, yes, the spec is broken.

This is not even taking into account the host of mechanical problems with UH:

-Poor Mastery scaling, a stat that was clearly designed for a talent that was omega-nerfed in beta (Clawing Shadows)
    -Ungodly amount of ramp up time on ST/AOE with the "best" spec, requiring wounds and DND to be present for AOE as well as the resources to take advantage of them
    -Heavy reliance on complex opener which requires precise timing for overall damage, which means that getting chosen for mechanics during that opener hurts us immensely
    -Mobility issues that require us to sacrifice our mitigation abilities for a small boost to Wraith Walk, which most people ignore exists because it sucks (see below)
    -Buggiest movement speed increase in the game that breaks on abiltiies, damage, and a random rock on the ground. Latter can be fixed...with a 7k gold glyph.
    -Raid utility was gutted; Gorefiends was made Blood-only and AMZ was made a PVP talent.

The latter 2 points were hand-waved away by Blizzard, telling us that we were designed to be the hardest-hitting class when in range of the boss. Yet arms warriors (our 2-handed, plate wearing DPS counterpart) are head and shoulders above us on Ursoc parses, and don't have to sacrifice any of their mobility for that damage. We do have excellent mitigation, especially against magic, and we have a repositioning ability for 1 mob every 25 seconds (2 if talented and micro'd correctly). We have a battle rez. But those aren't enough reasons to need a DK in your raid when other classes bring similar utility with top-tier damage.

Ion claimed that he was trying to find reasons in class design why you would want a particular class/spec in your raid or group. If that was the design, the team failed Unholy.

Josh Allen, the most punchable face in gaming.

Deleted
    They have goals and intentions but their "development" makes game to go totally opposite way! Who's holding the gun? Who is forcing game designer to do different things, what he wants?

Deleted
    that's seems nice