Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Because as an Alliance player I think wiping out all undead, Forsaken or not is a great idea. The Forsaken are a scourge.
    I mean you are welcome to try, but you'd be dead or Forsaken real soon. Unless you were a worgen, then you'd just be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Because as an Alliance player I think wiping out all undead, Forsaken or not is a great idea. The Forsaken are a scourge.
    Odyn won't agree with that, after all his entire army is compromised of undead to serve the protection of the planet and if some upstarts mess with his precious valarjar there will be hell to pay and once the worthy ones die, they will themselves serve him well in death.

just because she has a tragic backstory, doesent make her trying to murder us many times, and many others, a bypass...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Odyn won't agree with that, after all his entire army is compromised of undead to serve the protection of the planet and if some upstarts mess with his precious valarjar there will be hell to pay and once the worthy ones die, they will themselves serve him well in death.
    they arnt exactly undead, they are spirits... admiral taylor is a spirit, do you think he ment wipe all them out?

I could have sworn something said Helya is supposed to be guiding the unworthy souls to the other side or something like that but she's not doing that and instead using the kvaldir as her personal play things. I could be way off though bit I thought I read that or sonething along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    they arnt exactly undead, they are spirits... admiral taylor is a spirit, do you think he ment wipe all them out?
    Spirits who hang out in the mortal plane are just as undead as banshees and spectres.

Because as an Alliance player I think wiping out all undead, Forsaken or not is a great idea
    There isn't much to misinterpret here

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this thread sure has been derailed over a Forsaken/undead fight... Can we get back to trying to surmise why we are trying to kill Helya?

I honestly see no reason for it, she rules over the damned basically and she was forced into her condition by Odyn, King Asshat who literally ripped a part of Ulduar off to create his own little party and he basically killed his daughter so he could have an immortal slave take care of the souls of his warriors.

If anyone we should be kicking Odyn's butt and telling him to get back to his roots as a titan keeper instead of trying to kill a cursed soul.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I mean you are welcome to try, but you'd be dead or Forsaken real soon. Unless you were a worgen, then you'd just be dead.
    As the Highlord wielding Ashbringer and a entire hall of Paladin Champions, I think we could march from EPL to Lordaeron and wipe them out pretty easily. The only unfortunate thing is the Horde getting butthurt if we wiped out one of their forces. Yet the Forsaken constantly pulling their plague shit and Sylvanas being a piece of shit would probably make most of the Horde happy to see them go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    Well, this thread sure has been derailed over a Forsaken/undead fight... Can we get back to trying to surmise why we are trying to kill Helya?

I honestly see no reason for it, she rules over the damned basically and she was forced into her condition by Odyn, King Asshat who literally ripped a part of Ulduar off to create his own little party and he basically killed his daughter so he could have an immortal slave take care of the souls of his warriors.

If anyone we should be kicking Odyn's butt and telling him to get back to his roots as a titan keeper instead of trying to kill a cursed soul.
    Helya is keeping the Valarjar imprisoned while the legion invades that is the main reason Azeroth needs theses troops to fight of the demons and she is simply in the way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

Spirits are undead beings.
    Anything that is dead but still alive in the living world is undead.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    I meant wiping all the Undead in terms of Undead from the Plague in Lordaeron. It seems whilst there are Plague based Undead around shit tends to keep getting fucked up.

Even if Odyn did some shitty things, we need to free him to fight the Legion. And there's no way in Hel (Please forgive me) that she's going to free him willingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryttge View Post
    It's norse Mythology.

Helya is "Hel" (guess where the english word hell came from) godess of dishonorable death and diseases.

Odyn is Oden.

Hel is the daughter of Loke and Angrboda, she rules Helheim, part of Nifeheim and is building the ship Naglfar which will take Hryms horde along with Loke and Surturs armies to Vigrids battlefield during Ragnarok.

She's a bad girl in mythology she's a bad girl in game.
    she fulfills a role of balance...

all "evil" is bad, rite?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I meant wiping all the Undead in terms of Undead from the Plague in Lordaeron. It seems whilst there are Plague based Undead around shit tends to keep getting fucked up.
    If Varian couldn't do it with the 7th legion, The Alliance sure as hell will never be able to wipe out the Forsaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post

That is, however, not the end of the story. After breaking free and locking up Odyn (which I think was a good idea) her realm became darkened by her darkened heart and she turned right around to enslave other souls and condemnig them with her, which she has been doing since then. So after being the victim she became the offender herself.
    Does that make Odyn's deed any better? No. But it is the reason we are going to kill her.

Deleted
    Both Odyn and Helya are fairly capricious, but Odyn has been proven to be willing to work with us. He's the last vestige of Titan authority left on Azeroth capable of rendering any real assistance (and powerful at that), and considering he is more than willing to leave the Halls of Valor to do battle with the Legion directly compared to Helya's continued spiteful rage.. it's only natural we side with the more agreeable of the two.

I admit that Helya's fate was shitty, but we as players are not in a position where we can moralize away the direct aid of Azeroth's PRIME DESIGNATE because of an internal squabble that happened tens of thousands of years ago before we were even a thing.

Besides Odyn was sort of right not to follow along with the plan of empowering the dragon aspects. Just look at the extreme misery that Malygos and Deathwing were the direct cause of.

It's an interesting what-if story if he had lingered around when Loken started panicking and trying to hide his dark deeds by dismantling MOST of the Titanforged capacity to respond to all these calamities we've had to deal with in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    Does that make Odyn's deed any better? No. But it is the reason we are going to kill her.
    No it isn't Odyn himself said as much, even after she broke away Odyn was content with giving her the souls of the unworthy, but Helya raids the villages of the living and as such steals potential candidates from Odyn, that is the main reason we are sent to kill her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    If Varian couldn't do it with the 7th legion, The Alliance sure as hell will never be able to wipe out the Forsaken.
    Hence why I mentioned doing it as the Ashbringer with the Silver hand. Pretty sure the Ashbringer alone could purge most of lordaeron.

Deleted
    No it isn't Odyn himself said as much, even after she broke away Odyn was content with giving her the souls of the unworthy, but Helya raids the villages of the living and as such steals potential candidates from Odyn, that is the main reason we are sent to kill her.
    That's the reason he sends us, yea. But it is us who do the killing and I don't know if we do it just because Odyn sends us. He gives us the means of doing it, but we would and should do it anyhow, no matter what Odyn says.
    And I don't know if Odyn really has to send her the souls that are hers by the contract they had. Unless there is anything more about it that I have not seen or read yet, they had a very specific contract that gave the souls of everybody to her, who was not fit to become a Valarjar. And after Odyn's imprisonment that contract remained intact. Remember, Hel wasn't supposed to be that kind of a hellish place, it became so after Helya had broken free.

And stabbed from behind, sorry brother but you have lost your way. All undead must be purged from this world, in all their wicked forms. You will serve our cause better as a martyr than a leader.

On topic though we the characters don't know the history of Odyn or of Helya. All we know is Helya tried to kill us, and Odyn is helping us. At some point down the line Odyn may decide to kill us all off as part of one of his grand schemes to win the battle. It makes sense to me, I'm such a great tactician, he will boast. Only then will we realize that son of a bitch Odyn is a Zap Branigan style of commander. If everyone else is dead, all the glory will belong to me!

What did Helya disagree with Odyn on? What got him to kill her?