Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'd say the only time when LFR was in a good place was during MoP. You still had to follow some tacs if you didn't want to die, and there were some fights that required enough DPS to beat the enrage timer. The gear was also worth it. Now in this state, it might aswell not exist.

Even though my guild is progressing through heroic EN, I still run LFR on my main and a few alts for transmog gear. Same reason I ran it in MoP and Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    questlines and gear kept us going previous expansions.

people been whining on freebie gear for years and arguing that lfr shouldn't reward gear

now you have to do mythic +3 to beat trivial questing gear

yet best expansion ever nominee. my next thread is teens invading my guild...
    "kids get off my lawn" thread incoming

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Very much agree with this. MoP was pretty much the sweet spot for LFR. It's been a shit show ever since, sadly.
    Dont get why people say MOP LFR was somehow better when only difference was overpowered gear for doing literaly nothing. And no bosses were easy just like any other LFR boss in WoW. Do even dare to say they were somehow harder becouse they wasnt.

Deleted
    Except for all the profession **** that forces you into them.

I just go in when i'm doing shit IRL and follow people for a free but small chance at legendary. SO many people that nobody even notices you're not doing anything...

7+ Year Old Account
    With quests not complete-able in it currently, we can only hope they shitcan it.
    We'll see if the corrupted essences are obtainable in it later, or if Blizz phases the entire thing out.
    I dread running it, (which I do once a week due to their convoluted Legendary system)

The time has come to do away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'd say the only time when LFR was in a good place was during MoP. You still had to follow some tacs if you didn't want to die, and there were some fights that required enough DPS to beat the enrage timer. The gear was also worth it. Now in this state, it might aswell not exist.
    I enjoyed first wing of Highmaul the most.

It was easy, and yet felt relatively rewarding.

There was no grief, no major challenge, only a really fun stress-less carousel to jump on once a week. I used to look forward to raid reset back then.

Even with the 2nd wing of Highmaul that fine balance was lost.

Now the 835 rewards aren't even worth a visit, and people are dying to Iggy's Reconstruction, or whatever the hell that spell is called.
    HORRIFIC VISIONS SOLO - CASUAL GEAR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3v...fz8ZVIrd4sOgvw

7+ Year Old Account
    LFR is still gonn abe done by people on the quest the stuff of dreams it's suramar loremaster quest
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

LFR was always trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    What exactly is the point of LFR right now for someone who does higher raid difficulties?
    Why would you do LFR if you do higher raid difficulties??

What really should be is LFR- normal and LFR -mytic
    And the same goes for dungeon finder-Mytic.

I cant see any reason why there shouldnt be a dungeonfinder for these difficulties.
    Last edited by Morgan Pain; 2016-10-17 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex Snob View Post
    I just go in when i'm doing shit IRL and follow people for a free but small chance at legendary. SO many people that nobody even notices you're not doing anything...
    People notice. They just don't care enough to report you.

I wonder, does /ignore work for LFR too? I know you'll never get grouped in a dungeon with someone you have on ignore, but not sure if the same goes for LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Not at all. Its a piss poor excuse for content.
    What a nonsensical reason. They are making the raids anyway. What the fuck do you or anyone esle care if they release a lesser tuned version? The only reason is Waaaa waaaaaa waaaaaa! That guy has mah purplez!!! Why else would you cry about content you don't have to do?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    What a nonsensical reason. They are making the raids anyway. What the fuck do you or anyone esle care if they release a lesser tuned version? The only reason is Waaaa waaaaaa waaaaaa! That guy has mah purplez!!! Why else would you cry about content you don't have to do?
    The problem comes in, even for me a casual, when they tie other content to it. the ONLY reason I set foot in that atrocity is because of thier screwed up Legendary RNG.

God only knows how it really works, after all the "bad luck protection" gave people five of them, in WOD and MOP it was a way to farm "Legendary" quest items.

you want a loot pinata ? You can have it. but don't force the rest of us to set foot in that pile of shit to carry it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    The problem comes in, even for me a casual, when they tie other content to it. the ONLY reason I set foot in that atrocity is because of thier screwed up Legendary RNG.
    The problem is some people want to maximize their chance of acquiring the loot every week. This has been the case in the past. Whether it was spamming dungeons and raids for the VP, dailies for the shoulder enchants, patterns etc.

It was always the same. You want the loot. You jump through the hoop. LFR is no difference to the other carrots on a stick.

If Blizzard puts in a weekly to collect 1000 demons tails every week for a chest that MAY reward a legendary or loot, people will collect 1000 demon tails AND people will complain about the endless grind. Just like the did with other systems in the past.

Funny how some people say it is an MMO, it is a grind. Yet people complain about the grind.

LFR is the scapegoat for almost everything these days.

you want a loot pinata ? You can have it. but don't force the rest of us to set foot in that pile of shit to carry it.
    Carry it? We just had 18 pages of assholes saying how easy it is and is free loot with 20 afk people. The only time i have had trouble is LFR is when some cocksplat raider is moaning and belittling everyone. We don't want you in there anymore than you want to be there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Carry it? We just had 18 pages of assholes saying how easy it is and is free loot with 20 afk people. The only time i have had trouble is LFR is when some cocksplat raider is moaning and belittling everyone. We don't want you in there anymore than you want to be there.
    Who do you think makes it go that smoothly?

I know most of the raiders on this forum are arrogant but god damn. You are so mighty that you do the work of 20 people! Why even join LFR then? Just get 4 pals and do them that way?

Depends on your luck, I guess? I got 670 shoes from LFR the other day, never got anything above 640 from WQ's. LFR also drops runes.
    I seem to be able to top the meters and do other things without shouting on anybody and instead I explain the mechanics. Complaining about LFR performance is pathetic - you're coming in there overgeared and with a lot more experience from the more advanced raid difficulties. It is expected of you to perform well, and it is not your shouting that is helping. LFR only has a few simple mechanics that need to be followed, and once explained, they give the raid no issues.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went into LFR on one of my alts to heal. I was absolutely apalled at the lack of effort on display. I left after the second boss because people were literally just ignoring every mechanic and taking monstrous amounts of damage.

On the Dragons of Nightmare boss there was some little retard mage urging us to just pull all the dragons togeather in the middle so he could cleave because "mechanics dont matter in LFR". When the tanks told him off, he just runs in and pulls the boss. He instantly dies ofc course but then spends the next 5 minutes shouting in caps about how bad everyone is. And of course he cant be ignored because "player not found".

The hardest thing about LFR is dealing with the other 24 players, not the fight mechanics. I think perhapse that will be the last one i enter for this expansion.