Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Could export both types onto some island, and let them fight out their issues, leaving everyone else out of it.
    Could make for an interesting reality show lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Extremists on both sides are idiots.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    If language was so important, maybe they should try speaking actual French in Quebec.
    You realize just like every languages, by year 2016 there is multiple versions. I think overall Quebec city has better french speakers than say Paris. That should kinda tell you something.

Also removing the R from traitre is pretty much just using slang. That would be like whining someone wrote Fuck U and argue its "you". Does it even matter lol.

Quebec general slang usually seems to forgo some R's and put different emphasis on the sounds of "EU" and "OI". Add T sounds at the end of words that dont have any. Its french from a population thats independant of france a full ocean away for 400+ years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    3 an 4 are incompatible. There is not a secret pool of Swiss, French or Belgian people dying to migrate to Québec over Canada in general or the United States-we have been trying since 1867 to lure them with dismal results.
    I dont see how 3 is not compatible.... speaking the official language of where you immigrate should always be a requirement. Religion is another matter entirely, im not even sure what the problem is here, general consensus was always that those rule should apply to governmental employee's only. No religious Affiliation, Symbols, etc while you work for the public systems.

Its also funny that out of all the City this happened to its Quebec city. Not only is it a city with next to not minority to begin with. Its also the provinces most stable city economically right now. That city pretty much destroys both side argument at once. That city is not flooded and not under siege by immigrants, so pointless protest. On the flip side the city lack of diversity has no negative impact like people claim it should.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-10-16 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    You realize just like every languages, by year 2016 there is multiple versions. I think overall Quebec city has better french speakers than say Paris. That should kinda tell you something.

Also removing the R from traitre is pretty much just using slang. That would be like whining someone wrote Fuck U and argue its "you". Does it even matter lol.

Quebec general slang usually seems to forgo some R's and put different emphasis on the sounds of "EU" and "OI". Add T sounds at the end of words that dont have any. Its french from a population thats independant of france a full ocean away for 400+ years.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont see how 3 is not compatible.... speaking the official language of where you immigrate should always be a requirement. Religion is another matter entirely, im not even sure what the problem is here, general consensus was always that those rule should apply to governmental employee's only. No religious Affiliation, Symbols, etc while you work for the public systems.

Its also funny that out of all the City this happened to its Quebec city. Not only is it a city with next to not minority to begin with. Its also the provinces most stable city economically right now. That city pretty much destroys both side argument at once. That city is not flooded and not under siege by immigrants, so pointless protest. On the flip side the city lack of diversity has no negative impact like people claim it should.

That's what I'm trying to say. It's pretty hard to find people who speak French and are of an ''compatible values'' (a very thinly veiled euphemism), since the main source for French speakers is the Maghreb and some African countries. The people Québec (province) wants are, I'm sarcastic but that's the idea, French, Swiss or Belgians nurses (an highly in demand profession) There is not an hidden pool of those people that just wait to be tapped out.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    That's what I'm trying to say. It's pretty hard to find people who speak French and are of an ''compatible values'' (a very thinly veiled euphemism), since the main source for French speakers is the Maghreb and some African countries. The people Québec (province) wants are, I'm sarcastic but that's the idea, French, Swiss or Belgians nurses (an highly in demand profession) There is not an hidden pool of those people that just wait to be tapped out.
    Compatible values are easily met. People from Moroco seems to integrate just fine in Quebec from my experiences. There was never a religious problem, people are making one up. Legislation was only about the government body itself. The state should never display any link to religion, Catholicism was included in this. Quebec has a different history with religion than the rest of North America, thats why the outlook of the population in general is different. The church had complete control of everything when the baby boomers were growing up. Then it went 180 in the other direction. Im really not sure what is surprising. Niqab for example are banned in France, why would it be weird if the province of Quebec banned it for state employee's? They just cant wear religious stuff while at work for the state. The idea even came from State employee union's. I think the union for Bureaucrats was the first to pitch the idea. I really dont see why its such a big deal.

Its not even a question on the immigrants value themselves, its neutrality of the state.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-10-17 at 12:20 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both sides at their far end are equally moronic.

Though the funny thing is you've come in here saying "Pot calling the Kettle black" thus are admitting the far left that you tend to love to defend so vehemently is as bad as the Far right you seem to loath so bad.

The major issue being these days is the Far right is called out on its Bullshit constantly (as it should) but the Far left are constantly praised for their bullshit or have it overlooked in the current media (which they should not).

Far Left/Right are 2 sides of the same retarded coin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    Thanks for the laugh. I have right wing nutters in my family, they are crazy. Like ''all the muslims (aka brown people) are comin' right fer us! Git yer guns ready!" and "all poor people are scum and undeserving of anything!" types. I have no love for the coddled regressive far left, but the far right can go fuck themselves as well.
    You don't find the irony in lumping all Right-Wing people in the same category as "The Nutters" of your family, in the same post which you are Angry that they group all "bad" Muslims and Poor into the same group as the rest?

Hypocrisy, thy name is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Both sides at their far end are equally moronic.

Though the funny thing is you've come in here saying "Pot calling the Kettle black" thus are admitting the far left that you tend to love to defend so vehemently is as bad as the Far right you seem to loath so bad.

The major issue being these days is the Far right is called out on its Bullshit constantly (as it should) but the Far left are constantly praised for their bullshit or have it overlooked in the current media (which they should not).

Far Left/Right are 2 sides of the same retarded coin.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't find the irony in lumping all Right-Wing people in the same category as "The Nutters" of your family, in the same post which you are Angry that they group all "bad" Muslims and Poor into the same group as the rest?

Hypocrisy, thy name is you.
    Not talking about the right wing in general, but the tea party bible thumping extremists. I have right wing friends and family that are perfectly sane. Hell, i am more right leaning on some issues myself. But on both ends, the loudest ones are the more insane, idealistic crazies.