Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    I think you're going to need a clinical diagnosis of that shoulder chip.
    Naw, I recognize chips, lot of folks here have them, I soundly mock them when I see fit.

- - - Updated - - -

That is heartwarming, and it shows that not all the people on either side are complete asshats or have chips on their shoulders

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    I hope you are never forced into understanding exactly what it feels like to have your safety threatened
    Yeah, the coalition of bigots and morons the Tea / Republican party has built via the Southern Strategy (which the RNC Chairman himself apologized for a few years ago) to make up for the votes they can't outright steal through gerrymandering efforts and mass voter disfranchisement of US citizens never threatened anyone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    That is heartwarming, and it shows that not all the people on either side are complete asshats or have chips on their shoulders
    That's just how liberals do.

You people should try it sometime.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

The thread title was missing a frowny face.

N.C. county GOP office firebombed
    Beautiful ain't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    The thread title was missing a frowny face.

Beautiful ain't it?
    frowny faces are a tennisace trademark though....
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Yeah, the coalition of bigots and morons the Tea / Republican party has built via the Southern Strategy (which the RNC Chairman himself apologized for a few years ago) to make up for the votes they can't outright steal through gerrymandering efforts and mass voter disfranchisement of US citizens never threatened anyone :rolleyes
    Comparing a political threat to a life-threatening event? Comparing something awful but ultimately not causing physical harm to an outright act of terrorism? You can't possibly be serious, you have to be one of the single most intellectually dishonest people I've met in years. I mean, did you justify 9/11 because of the US' shitty involvement in the Middle East? Moreover, do you seriously think that everyone who works for the GOP is guilty of those acts? Do you not understand that the vast majority of the people working with the GOP will not be guilty of anything more than a few distasteful opinions?

Jesus, you truly are a disgusting human being. I won't be wasting an ounce more of my time on someone who could justify violence against innocent parties in some misguided effort to 'send a message' to the actual guilty party. To the ignore list you go.
    Last edited by Pengalor; 2016-10-17 at 04:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To imply the DNC had anything to do with this is pretty damn stupid. To further imply that the criminal who committed the crime is representative of Democrats is even more stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Comparing a political threat to a life-threatening event? Comparing something awful but ultimately not causing physical harm to an outright act of terrorism? You can't possibly be serious, you have to be the single most intellectually dishonest people I've met in years. I mean, did you justify 9/11 because of the US' shitty involvement in the Middle East? Moreover, do you seriously think that everyone who works for the GOP is guilty of those acts? Do you not understand that the vast majority of the people working with the GOP will not be guilty of anything more than a few distasteful opinions?

Jesus, you truly are a disgusting human being. I won't be wasting an ounce more of my time on someone who could justify violence against innocent parties in some misguided effort to 'send a message' to the actual guilty party. To the ignore list you go.
    i think espe is trying to see how far he can push things until he gets banned again.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i think espe is trying to see how far he can push things until he gets banned again.
    I'm convinced that some accounts on this forum are pieces of software that simply link a small number of pre-programmed statements together.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    You honestly think Clinton wouldn't do the same if the situation were reversed?

insinuating that Democrats and hillary supporters are behind this shows how totally out of touch the far right is when it comes to reality. a far far more likely scenario is trump supporters doing it just to send a message to the RINO's and the paul ryan wing of the party to get with us or GTFO.

i live near NC this scares me very very much

it's the intention behind it which was to kill. terrorism must not be tolerated. i don't care if it is gop they are still people.
    You can't assume intent to kill if they waited for the building to empty since this attack was at night and no one found out about the damages the next morning. This attack was recent so don't pull a Derpkitteh until everything has been found out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Post election season will not be mayhem but it wont be without incident, no matter who wins. There will be a few lone wolf incidents. Its absolutely ridiculous that some people stoop to this level, its completely irrational behavior. But wwe know at least 1 candidate that perpetuates it.

I have enough faith in the American system that even if my candidate doesn't win, thinks might suck for 4 years but they'll be alright. Most of us grew up under Bush and Obama in our teenage and early adult years and we're alright. Maybe not in an ideal situation but we're alright. Those who can't accept the lawof democracy have no place in society.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2016-10-17 at 04:35 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't be wasting an ounce more of my time
    Truth hurts I guess.

Back to burying your head in the sand where it's safe and no one can tell you you're objectively, completely wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

i think
    Are we allowed to discuss moderation now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    But we know at least 1 candidate that perpetuates it.
    Like I said, you reap what you sow.

Biblical shit. Right wing nutjobs should know this.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty shit situation regardless of your political view (Libertarian here) and anyone that condones this is a fucking psychopath.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, keep deflecting and justifying violence against people over political differences, I'm sure that will never come back to bite you. I hope you are never forced into understanding exactly what it feels like to have your safety threatened, especially from an action so woefully misguided as this one.
    Meanwhile, Trump militants are volunteering (at the behest of Trump) to stand outside voting precincts in black neighborhoods (I assume armed because "muh 2nd amendment") to prevent voter fraud...

I am sure blacks going to vote will feel very safe when they get to their precinct and see a bunch of armed Trump supporters standing out front.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    To imply the DNC had anything to do with this is pretty damn stupid. To further imply that the criminal who committed the crime is representative of Democrats is even more stupid.
    I think so too--it just really really smells like something that was done to drum up more outrage amongst Trumps rally-goers to help provide outrage to fuel his little 'movement' he keeps banging on about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Meanwhile, Trump militants are volunteering (at the behest of Trump) to stand outside voting precincts in black neighborhoods (I assume armed because "muh 2nd amendment") to prevent voter fraud...

I am sure blacks going to vote will feel very safe when they get to their precinct and see a bunch of armed Trump supporters standing out front.
    The black panther party did that during Obama's two voting days.

Funny how Democrats preach they are the party of tolerance yet they are the ones burning down cities, GOP headquarters, rioting in the streets, looting, attacking cops, etc.

And besides that being disgusting, isn't it also Really illegal to linger around the voting places to try and intimidate voters? I swear I heard that someplace.

Not that they wouldn't still try it anyway, just that it ups the 'asshole' level of all of this. I hope that voting places have Real security people there and in parking lots to help keep order and dickwads at bay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrinformation View Post
    The black panther party did that during Obama's two voting days.

Funny how Democrats preach they are the party of tolerance yet they are the ones burning down cities, GOP headquarters, rioting in the streets, looting, attacking cops, etc.
    There was no actual case for voter intimidation in 2008. You're also taking a pretty broad view on what constitutes "Democrats". You're even including people no one knows anything about.

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    And besides that being disgusting, isn't it also Really illegal to linger around the voting places to try and intimidate voters? I swear I heard that someplace.
    Yup!

And that justifies firebombing some HQ in NC...how, exactly?

Besides, if they do that then it's incredibly illegal and, as such, is a police matter, not a situation calling for vigilante terrorism.

PS: To anyone worried about something like this, get a mail-in ballot, avoids any and all of that bullshit, just got done sending mine in two days ago.