Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on my money. If I had money coming out of my ass, I wouldnt care what a car cost, as long as I'm in love with it.
    That being said, since I got my drivers license 13 years ago, I've always had a wet dream about a Supra. They aren't really that expensive today, but with a kid and 2 dogs, its not realistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    You have to consider the demographics of MMO-Champion. While there are a number of us in our 30s and beyond there are also a large potion of younger people that can't go out and pay $20,000+ for a new car. If it takes off maybe there will be some sort of market among the younger folks for the Elio cars? $7300 for a car that gets 84 MPG....but looks ugly as sin.
    Its pretty disappointing the majority of us have to get into our 30s to afford a new car...sports cars are especially high. What happened to the days when something like this:

cost the equivalent of 16k in modern times? What today can you get for 16k fresh out of the factory that will beat a 67 Camero?

My out of reach dream car is always changing but it most always is above $100k usd.
    I Finally got to purchase my reasonable dream car a couple years ago and spent 40k on that.

I couldn't see myself spending/affording much more realistically.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't drive, so currently, nothing. In the future, who knows?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    The Government pays for my cars and everything to do with them, I just pay for fuel.
    lucky you!

If I was rich $500k. Now? $0

- - - Updated - - -

the Aventador is my dream car

Quote Originally Posted by nicoleivy5 View Post
    My dream car costs $480,000 (supercars are expensive in Australia)
    More pics of the Lamborghini Murcielago LP640

However, that is unrealistic for me. The most I would in my lifetime for a car is probably $15-$20,000. How about you guys? How much would you spend on a car?

http://www.carsales.com.au/car/lamborghini/murcielago/

I could easily afford a car, but I choose not to own one. So I guess zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

i would never spend more than 10,000 dollars ever ever

12k is my limit. I'm a cheap bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by geegeedemocracy View Post
    i would never spend more than 10,000 dollars ever ever
    even if you were a millionaire?

Quote Originally Posted by showeverything1 View Post
    even if you were a millionaire?
    no a car is only for getting to point a to point b

10+ Year Old Account
    Spent 48k on a '14 Mustang GT. Current car is a Focus that was 24k. Wish I got the RS model instead. But I got what I got. Looking to buy a C7 in the future. Or head down to the states and find a 355 for about 60k.

whatever the market value for a toyota tacoma is, so about $25k?

current car cost me 5k

i'm not a status type of guy. expensive cars aren't important.

For a 1967 Jaguar E-Type Series 1 convertible? I'd spend up to 100k for one that's in great condition. Or spend way less for one that need a lot of TLC. And then sink 100k into it.

Entirely dependent on what my income is. Right now my car payment is about $500 / month, and given the additional upkeep with track days and wear / tear, I don't think I'd be happy moving into a more expensive vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by geegeedemocracy View Post
    no a car is only for getting to point a to point b
    That's true. However, it's what you do between points A and B that make it interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    According to KBB, I shouldn't spend more than $130,000 on my dream car, a 2016 Viper with the ACR package

Don't get who would spend more on a slower car, the Viper being one of if not the best performing supercars on the market. Guess its that front engine RWD setup. Too many supercars go with the inferior mid-engine design.
    Mid engine isn't inferior at all, it's actually preferable. The next iteration of Corvette is going to be mid engine, as they've already said they've taken the platform about as far as they can in both race and street forms. The ACR is an impressive machine, but most of its advantage comes in the levels of downforce it generates...

2017 is the last year Dodge is making the Viper for the foreseeable future, so the current ACR is likely to be somewhat of a collector. There aren't that many around in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Entirely dependent on what my income is. Right now my car payment is about $500 / month, and given the additional upkeep with track days and wear / tear, I don't think I'd be happy moving into a more expensive vehicle.

That's true. However, it's what you do between points A and B that make it interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Mid engine isn't inferior at all, it's actually preferable. The next iteration of Corvette is going to be mid engine, as they've already said they've taken the platform about as far as they can in both race and street forms. The ACR is an impressive machine, but most of its advantage comes in the levels of downforce it generates...

2017 is the last year Dodge is making the Viper for the foreseeable future, so the current ACR is likely to be somewhat of a collector. There aren't that many around in the first place.
    500/month is similar to my car payments. Yeah as long as you feel comfortable and safe and can travel to your destinationss thats all that matters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

The LAST YEAR? I got some gambling to do...I don't wanna spend 2k more to get one at a collecters auction!

2 grand!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    The LAST YEAR? I got some gambling to do...I don't wanna spend 2k more to get one at a collecters auction!