Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    Problem is when you come back us an undead you are cursed and denied any good after life, only hell awaits you if you die again. Sylvanas knows this but she turns people anyway
    This is not true, we see plenty of undead going on to a happier afterlife. It's just Arthas and Sylvannas we see going to hell when they die. For example some of the mobs in EPL where their spirits are freed and ascend into the light. It's quite possible Sylvannas went to 'hell' because of her deeds and not because she was an undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooner or later, whatever excuse you have for being evil stops working.

She's tragic, sure, but I think if you think she's worthy of redemption then you underestimate how shitty she's been.

Yeah, Odyn was was one who threw the first metaphorical stone, but Helya responded by betraying the Titans, siding with Loken and almost definitely being corrupted by some form of abhorrent Old God influence, given her current state. Combine this with the chance that if we kill her, Odyn may actually be free since it's her magic that traps him, and it should be a no brainer that we'd kill a psychopath who enslaves souls and unintentionally aided the Legion for a chance at freeing the strongest titan watcher on Azeroth.

I'm personally going to be killing Helya in the hope that the freed Odyn is forced upon all the other class halls. Just want him to show up and insist all the other classes bow to his authority.

Should be popcorn worthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    Garrosh Hellscream, because when the world's already gone to hell, it takes a special kind of orc to make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    She's tragic, sure, but I think if you think she's worthy of redemption then you underestimate how shitty she's been.

Yeah, Odyn was was one who threw the first metaphorical stone, but Helya responded by betraying the Titans, siding with Loken and almost definitely being corrupted by some form of abhorrent Old God influence, given her current state. Combine this with the chance that if we kill her, Odyn may actually be free since it's her magic that traps him, and it should be a no brainer that we'd kill a psychopath who enslaves souls and unintentionally aided the Legion for a chance at freeing the strongest titan watcher on Azeroth.
    Well forcing her into undeath service, is probably seen as a bit more than throwing the first stone. Be that as it may, she's done a lot upon the world to exact her revenge. If Odyn wasn't locked for all that time history would have been very different. As arrogant as Odyn is in being always right, the preservation of Azeroth is paramount for him, which is why he did what he did to Helya in the first place. He's the last and greatest remnant of the Titans and we sure could use his help.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Sooner or later, whatever excuse you have for being evil stops working.
    Nicely said, stealing that sentence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    Problem is when you come back us an undead you are cursed and denied any good after life, only hell awaits you if you die again. Sylvanas knows this but she turns people anyway
    Sylvannas tried to commit suicide the second time, the third time she did a bit of war crimes following Arthas then fighting the alliance or who knows what she saw her third time around.

But foresaken aren't sylvanas and dying sends them back to wear they came from, if you went to the darkness u go back there if u went to the light you go back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Akritar View Post
    Well forcing her into undeath service, is probably seen as a bit more than throwing the first stone. Be that as it may, she's done a lot upon the world to exact her revenge. If Odyn wasn't locked for all that time history would have been very different. As arrogant as Odyn is in being always right, the preservation of Azeroth is paramount for him, which is why he did what he did to Helya in the first place. He's the last and greatest remnant of the Titans and we sure could use his help.
    It was a pretty big stone, yeah. I think as a whole we're not supposed to necessarily see Odyn as a true noble figure in this situation, and in fact the opposite: The way Odyn speaks of Helya it's clear that she is his biggest source of shame, and that's likely why he resents her so much. We're fighting and killing Helya more because she's an obstacle to the saving of Azeroth more than as a favor to Odyn, at least that's how I see it.

I actually like Odyn a lot because of this relationship with Helya. For once they created a Titanic character that actually shows why the Titans and their obsession with order and self-pride are flawed. This entire story makes you stop and think for once about the enemy you're killing instead of her simply being a generic bad guy, despite the fact that it's clear she's done plenty to make her worth killing a few times over.

Deleted
    True answer: +5 ilvl loot. We needed something to occupy ourselves with before the release of Nighthold.

As for the lore reasons, it is because we always have this compelling urge to battle anything someone else's calls "evil". I view Odyn as equally morally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiftyfish View Post
    as a person yeah I agree that I really hope this story doesn't end with Odyn still feeling righteous and like his hands are clean in this whole arc. but from a character perspective we would have no way to know of the past between Odyn and Helya, we only see her for her modern actions and the actions of the Kvaldir so we've no reason to not just blindly side with Odyn
    And Odyn's modern action is his only reason for not giving an agent of the Legion (that shat all over his VALOROUS tests) the Aegis was said agent being late. And then didn't blink an eye when he challenged us, despite us being first (and as such more VALOROUS or whatever) to a fight to the death for the control of Aegis. Or even when he uses it during the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Didn't he learned his lesson, considering that he found a way to create Val'kyr without forcing people into this?
    Yes, by spreading propaganda about what a great honor it is to a group of Vrykul that knew him only from some legends. And then manipulated them to fight each other to the death or die in other ways to prove their VALOR, both Val'kyr and Valarjar aspirants alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Why are we fighting Helya?

Cause she starts attacking the land of the living

Odyn is using the mortals to do this, is this bad? no, in the end... Helya became our enemy as soon as she started attacking the land of the living and, if we end up helping Odyn, that means that we got a bigger army to help us fight the real threat... the Burning Legion.
    And we should care, because? She doesn't attack us. She doesn't aid the Legion. The living attack each other all the time. If that's the threshold then both playable factions should be summarily executed. Neutral races and factions too, starting with the Ebon Blade. And Odyn was willing to bend over to an agent of the Legion, he's not exactly the best ally we could get. Even Naga are more trustworthy in anti-Legion department.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Honestly I dont know how Odyn would react, he practically is cheering on the Horde player when they do that quest to kill worgen in Stormheim.
    He'd probably have an orgasm from all that VALOR. #VALORIsTheNewSAVAGE

Quote Originally Posted by The Reaver View Post
    A tragic villain is still a villain. Ultimately, Odyn's sole intent is to defend Azeroth against any threats and Helya's sole intent is to thwart Odyn. This means that Helya is getting in the way of the general population of heroes' main interest which is to assemble as many allies and artifacts as possible to fight the Legion.
    What threat was Odyn fighting when he almost gave the Aegis to Skovald? The threat of Azeroth being corrupted by the Void? Because that's kinda the Legion's thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

She's nasty and obnoxious and hence we need to get rid of her. Villains should all die!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryttge View Post
    It's norse Mythology.

Helya is "Hel" (guess where the english word hell came from) godess of dishonorable death and diseases.

Odyn is Oden.

Hel is the daughter of Loke and Angrboda, she rules Helheim, part of Nifeheim and is building the ship Naglfar which will take Hryms horde along with Loke and Surturs armies to Vigrids battlefield during Ragnarok.

She's a bad girl in mythology she's a bad girl in game.
    Was she so evil in Mythology? Thought that Helheim was mostly neutral, with parts for bad guys, and parts for good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    What good is odyn anyway?
    He'd make a good study material for mental health research on Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    While I'm not necessarily a fan of Odyn, Helya's actions have put her pretty much in the crosshairs of multiple factions. Her Kvaldir run rampant across the seas, attacking indiscriminately and dragging beings down into her underworld realm in to be put into perpetual servitude. Whatever purpose she originally served has been abandoned and she appears to be scrabbling for power and not caring overly who gets trampled in the process. The ultimate blame for Helya's actions lies ultimately on the shoulders of Odyn but as he's ostensibly assisting us and Helya is not, and given Helya's actions above, it only makes sense that she becomes a target for removal.
    Odyn dragged beings into perpetual servitude too, hence Helya. I don't see us raiding his ass anytime soon.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Because... I need higher iLvl ??? Gotta keep the gear threadmill going.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    One word: Loken. If she went on this path at Loken's behest, then what she is doing is quite assuredly bad. Also, the Kvaldir have been assholes since they showed up, and there's obviously nothing good about the stuff she does to souls.

I find it really, really weird that people assume that Helya's not all that bad just because Odyn was a dick to her. It's like the excessive Sylvanas sympathy all over again.

Also, for what it's worth, what Odyn did wasn't the worst thing that's ever happened. I mean, we watch Illidan basically eat his mates to stop the Legion.
    Helya was merely pointed by Loken in a specific direction. Sons of Hodir and Thorim were also manipulated by Loken. Doesn't make them "quite assuredly bad". But it's not about Helya not being all that bad or not. It's about Odyn being worse and yet Blizzard pigeonholing us to pick a side of an evil, arrogant douchebag that suffered a mental breakdown due to his imprisonment and as such became an idiot drooling about VALOR on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post

Obviously worse than the aforementioned Titan Watcher doing nothing about Legion servant ignoring the trials because he's still VALOROUS (somehow) and almost giving the Aegis to him. And Helya didn't side with Loken. He let her loose on Odyn, then we have no contact between the two whatsoever. And Helya's Kvaldir fight the Old God aligned Naga.

Helya is behind the Kvaldir (Eagerly annoying players since Wrath! ), and if you did the Stormheim-quests, she tries to keep you confined in Hel after being sent there by bonespeaker whatshisface, that's also quite mean of her.

Odyn is certainly a special kind of moron too, but i main a warrior, so i'm stuck with the git and his golden bath-house... ~_~

Quite frankly all those titan constructs, keepers and whatever are annoying, it's like a big soap opera with those guys, no wonder the mortal people had to take over from them.

Deleted
    Just to ask where is this information about ordyn and Helya

The simple answer is loot.

Because Helya is a major antagonist that has been indirectly hampering the Alliance and Horde since WotLK.

She is a major distraction, and is not helping fight the Legion. She needs to be defeated so we can focus on the Legion and the Nightborne.

If that's not enough of an explanation for you, or too much of one, then here's the gist of it:

Helya bad, loot good. Helya is basically a gigantic pinata that you need to break in order to get purple candy.

Blizzard does not put a lot of effort into building up lore these days, but there is still plenty of reason enough to fight her. Take it as you will.

because she's a loud, obnoxious cunt who needs to be killed

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Odyn dragged beings into perpetual servitude too, hence Helya. I don't see us raiding his ass anytime soon.
    Odyn is our ally, Helya is not - that's pretty much the beginning and end of it. I'm not claiming Odyn is a good character (as I already said above I'm not much of a fan) but he is on our side, granting us the Aegis of Aggramar and participating in the Legion campaign by aiding the Warrior Order Hall directly. Helya is purely antagonistic - her Kvaldir our enemies where Odyn's Valarjar are allied with us.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead