Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    I think so too--it just really really smells like something that was done to drum up more outrage amongst Trumps rally-goers to help provide outrage to fuel his little 'movement' he keeps banging on about.
    That's what I'm smelling - or some nutbag teenage trolls...

The whole setup seems a bit off... especially the part about writing up there "nazis".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    And that justifies firebombing some HQ in NC...how, exactly?

Besides, if they do that then it's incredibly illegal and, as such, is a police matter, not a situation calling for vigilante terrorism.

PS: To anyone worried about something like this, get a mail-in ballot, avoids any and all of that bullshit, just got done sending mine in two days ago.
    Where did I claim that was justification for anything?

I responded to the bold portion of your text and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Well, the GOP is losing.
    So it seems weird democrats would do this.

Trump-supporters on the other hand might be pissed because they lost the support of their party.
    Especially now since NC is starting to flip to the Blue side, if recent polls are to be believed.

It could be a tactic by idiotic Dump-supporters to try to radicalize the ones in North Carolina. I agree though, something is very off about this...

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    That's what I'm smelling - or some nutbag teenage trolls...

The whole setup seems a bit off... especially the part about writing up there "nazis".
    And jet fuel can't melt steel beams!

Give me a break. The most sensible answer here is that there are some really shitty people on both sides. Also, how is the 'nazi' thing surprising? People have been comparing the GOP to Nazis for decades.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Where did I claim that was justification for anything?

I responded to the bold portion of your text and nothing more.
    Then it was a pointless thing to post. Unless you're implying that the person I was talking to is a person that would apply to it's completely irrelevant to the conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    And jet fuel can't melt steel beams!

Give me a break. The most sensible answer here is that there are some really shitty people on both sides. Also, how is the 'nazi' thing surprising? People have been comparing the GOP to Nazis for decades.
    Well thats because the current GOP establishment makes no efforts to distance itself deplorables that have latched on to it. Its as if they only care that the numbers are there...not the ideas that those numbers hold...

Resident Cosplay Progressive

See, that's the thing though - they really don't... particularly in North Carolina. It's more of a GoP belief that "liberals think we're all Nazis" than people actually claiming they are... let alone acting on it. There are comparisons, but rarely (even in this thead) do you see people calling the ENTIRE GoP "nazis". I believe only one or six posters were called out individually (and with good reason!) for being likened to Nazis.

No... it would've made more sense if they wrote "Go home Bigots" or Racists or something akin... Unless the GoP of North Carolina were courting white supremacists that we don't know of, I'm not seeing the use of "Nazis" as the go-to word-choice of a "Liberal-motivated attack", if such a thing can be.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    See, that's the thing though - they really don't... particularly in North Carolina. It's more of a GoP belief that "liberals think we're all Nazis" than people actually claiming they are... let alone acting on it. There are comparisons, but rarely (even in this thead) do you see people calling the ENTIRE GoP "nazis". I believe only one or six posters were called out individually (and with good reason!) for being likened to Nazis.

No... it would've made more sense if they wrote "Go home Bigots" or Racists or something akin... Unless the GoP of North Carolina were courting white supremacists that we don't know of, I'm not seeing the use of "Nazis" as the go-to word-choice of a "Liberal-motivated attack", if such a thing can be.
    So because you haven't seen it it doesn't exist? And some minor differences in language mean a conspiracy is more likely than maybe there being a single crazy asshole who happens to hold liberal ideas?

So because you haven't seen it it doesn't exist? And some minor differences in language mean a conspiracy is more likely than maybe there being a single crazy asshole who happens to hold liberal ideas?

The thing is, it just seems out of place. Traditionally people have reasons for the things they do. Its hard to match up the actions taken here with a possible motivation. Even if you try to imagine yourself as someone who would want to do a thing like this, the water gets very murky very quickly.

For one thing, the way it uses language and message consistent with old predjudiced groups singling out those of race/nationality by threat of force, but then making it about what political party they are--which can't be determined unless that person takes the time to talk about their political leanings. There's no reason someone would ever have to expect that this message and the action behind it would be taken seriously by anybody. It doesn't match up.

And yeah, dumb teenage kids do dumb stuff all the time, but with the whole internet to shout dumb stuff on, would a kid have placed unnecessary risk on themselves by vandalizing federal property and also take the time to paint such a long, pointless message on the wall? I'd have thought that theyd have wanted to get out of the scene faster if fire was involved. Why wouldn't the kid have assumed that the fire would destroy the message anyway?

Combining this with the clumsy insertion of 'nazi' just feels like it was meant to be provocative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You can't assume intent to kill if they waited for the building to empty since this attack was at night and no one found out about the damages the next morning. This attack was recent so don't pull a Derpkitteh until everything has been found out.
    still arson is just as bad as it puts other innocent lives in danger and if it results in deaths should result in the death penalty. i shall wait for the results. like derpkitteh i am a staunch supporter of the death penalty.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Disgusting. Dislike what they stand for, thats fine but acts like this are just barbaric.
    Hope no one was hurt.

Something you would never see from Republicans. You know, bootstraps and whatnot.

- - - Updated - - -

To imply the DNC had anything to do with this is pretty damn stupid. To further imply that the criminal who committed the crime is representative of Democrats is even more stupid.
    Something Trump did in his tweet about it. No wonder he is going to lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mrinformation View Post
    The black panther party did that during Obama's two voting days.

Funny how Democrats preach they are the party of tolerance yet they are the ones burning down cities, GOP headquarters, rioting in the streets, looting, attacking cops, etc.
    No, they didn't. Not only were they not armed with firearms, they weren't preventing anyone from going in to vote.

Its funny this forum, you radical leftwinger claim the moral highground but are just as bad as the radical rightwing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile, Trump militants are volunteering (at the behest of Trump) to stand outside voting precincts in black neighborhoods (I assume armed because "muh 2nd amendment") to prevent voter fraud...

I am sure blacks going to vote will feel very safe when they get to their precinct and see a bunch of armed Trump supporters standing out front.
    did you have a problem with the black panthers doing the same thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Something you would never see from Republicans. You know, bootstraps and whatnot.

- - - Updated - - -

Something Trump did in his tweet about it. No wonder he is going to lose.

- - - Updated - - -

No, they didn't. Not only were they not armed with firearms, they weren't preventing anyone from going in to vote.
    They were armed with clubs and the Trump supporters haven't prevented anyone from voting either
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    did you have a problem with the black panthers doing the same thing?
    Sure.

The guy actually armed (with a club) was prosecuted, so what more is there to discuss? The other guy, who was unarmed, was protected from prosecution because he was a "certified poll watcher" which is just as bullshit as Trump's "poll watchers"... The only difference being the former was an isolated incident with two guys in one place, and the latter (potentially) involves thousands of "poll watchers" all across the country.

Deleted
    I wonder how someone that firebombs a building of people that they dont agree with can possibly dislike Trumps campaign though.

Or is it that they dont find him extreme enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrinformation View Post
    Funny how Democrats preach they are the party of tolerance yet they are the ones burning down cities, GOP headquarters, rioting in the streets, looting, attacking cops, etc.
    Also the ones fundraising to rebuild said office. Nice try though.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...0162c043cb7e1?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Because:
    1. People do not compare the GOP to Nazi's, only Trump.
    2. Trump is losing, so why would people radicalise?
    3. The GOP is dropping support for Trump, so why attack the GOP?

Conclusion: It's more likely this were Trump supporters in revenge against the GOP.
    In all fairness, you are constructing an argument based on the logical motives of a firebombing terrorist. I'm not sure that'll stick.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not acceptable. IDK and IDC who is responsible, these people need to be given the death sentence for the intent to kill people. This is wrong regardless of what party you side with.

How childish, why is it usually the democrats that are usually the more violent? Just something I noticed, they tend to get violent at GOP rallies too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    How childish, why is it usually the democrats that are usually the more violent? Just something I noticed, they tend to get violent at GOP rallies too.
    both sides can be equally violent.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.