Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Why does fire need to be nerfed when its not the best spec at anything?
    ? https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...gregate=amount

if you take away the one trick gimmick of shadow priest, fire certainly is the best spec at at least ONE thing.

Either way, if you dont think it should be nerfed, then you think it would be a GOOD thing for all other specs to be raised up to fire then? i could only imagine how much of a joke everything pve in this game would become if everything got brought up to fire levels.
    Last edited by frychikn; 2016-10-17 at 12:02 AM.

i think they are going to limit the amount of targets living bomb can spread to.

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Uhm what? Mages were weak and far behind warlocks for whole TBC for example.
    The issue is, that is not exactly true.

Mages were behind Locks that is true, but they were far from weak, Fire performed quite decently with gear and Arcane was playable if you had enough SP's in your group.

People see BC through this Sunwell lense which boiled down to two parameters: Are you a lock or can you support the lock? If neither are met, you were out as Ranged Dps.

The main issue here was simply that the Encounters in SWP were apparently tuned with the idea in mind that the raid has to bring as much Rogues / Warlocks / (Resto) Shamans as possible to beat an Encounter.

If Locks / Rogues had received a nerf, mages would have been present.

Quote Originally Posted by frychikn View Post

if you take away the one trick gimmick of shadow priest, fire certainly is the best spec at at least ONE thing.
    To be fair everyone benefits from that gimmick to some degree, shadow priests the most obviously. You can't assume fire mages would be on top without it. Though I will grant you there is a good chance they would be.

Going fight by fight they are only actually on top for one fight though the rest the range from near the top to middle of the pack. So again, why do they need a nerf?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    i think they are going to limit the amount of targets living bomb can spread to.
    then they'd need to significantly buff flamestrike.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    How are you losing on multi target fights lol (Cenarius, Eyeball, etc)
    Did you even read what I wrote or are you just trying to be edgy? Nowhere did I say anything about winning/losing. I play a Mage myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Ignite doing 50% less damage to spread targets is the nerf that is needed in my opinion.

Bracers should 150% damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    well considering that blizz actually buffed it in the beta by 50% id say no, dont get me wrong, its extremely good but not OP, its a legendary that buffs our main source of dmg so ofc its good, also b4 the buff it was barrely better than the ring.
    Barely better than the ring is probably where it should have been. It's cool for the (few) people who have the bracers that they're as powerful as they are, for everyone else where the legendaries are at least remotely similarly powerful it's mostly annoying. Better than the ring is still best of the legendaries, just not by miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    To be fair everyone benefits from that gimmick to some degree, shadow priests the most obviously. You can't assume fire mages would be on top without it. Though I will grant you there is a good chance they would be.

Going fight by fight they are only actually on top for one fight though the rest the range from near the top to middle of the pack. So again, why do they need a nerf?
    blizzard believes specs should have weaknesses, what exactly are fires weaknesses?

Deleted
    I was legitimately asking if mage has ever been bad/not the best. I literally have never played and heard of anything like mage jokes/memes about their dps. I think part of the reason I thought mage was always dominate was because in PVP frost seems to always be a mainstay. But it is nice to see that mages have been mortal throughout wows life :P.

I still stand by that blizzard needs to nerf fire and not bring all other specs up to its level.
    There was a time when mages would mostly be brought for their water.

blizzard believes specs should have weaknesses, what exactly are fires weaknesses?
    1) Spread targets. Imagine some type of 2-3 boss fight where you couldn't tank the bosses on top of one another. Fire would be relatively really awful at this, one of the worst ranged dps specs since so many others get to benefit from multi-dotting.

2) 2-3 targets in general, even when stacked. Living Bomb on 2-3 targets is definitely nothing to write home about and the ignite damage, while nice, isn't exactly amazing. Compare things like spriest multi-dotting, oomkin multi-dotting, Destro Havoc, etc. to fire mage. This is a large part of the reason that Cenarius is a relatively really bad fight for fire.

3) Frequent burst on a short-lived add. Outside of combustion, fire mage damage is really, really weak. If the boss has some sort of important add it spawns (eg a healer) every so often that needs to be bursted down quickly, but it doesn't really live long enough to warrant using combustion on it, fire mage isn't great at this. There's nothing in the fire mage toolkit that's like an oomkin Full Moon, a lock saving up soul shards, an Ele saving up Maelstrom, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponkster View Post
    Ignite doing 50% less damage to spread targets is the nerf that is needed in my opinion.

The former would murder Fire.

That would make the PROC DPS loss.....

All these cries of nerf this because I don't have this are getting old especially when long term we have no idea what effect scaling will have on us compared to other classes and specs.
    Last edited by HopkinsBTH; 2016-10-17 at 05:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    I actually think Fire is right in the range they want DPS to be in right now. I suspect Frost and Arcane to get buffs though to make them competitive.
    Yeah that is what I was thinking
    It is not because fire is too strong- it is great but not busted. Frost and arcane are just a bit weaker for PvE (context is important !) while fire and frost are good in PvP, and arcane lacks behind in high ratings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    There was a time when mages would mostly be brought for their water.
    Please tell me when. I mained a mage from beta-classic testing untill Cata, and even from there I still played it a lot. My mage was always very competativ and often topping the meter, both in raids and dungeons .

Deleted

None of those nerfs are gonna happen. If any nerfs are gonna happen, I would expect something like 5% pyro damage. Still it's doubtful they will nerf it. Also if pyro gets that slight nerf, I'd expect flamestrike buff at the same time.

Fire isn't going to get nerfed.

In the Q&A he even mentioned that secondary stats were front loaded for the start of the expansion which is why we were able to hit 60% crit so easily with some mages pushing 64% and beyond. The ratio of higher vs lower secondary stats is going to be more even as we go deeper into the expansion causing our relative dps to fall behind in comparison to other classes which are not as dependent on a single stat. This is pretty much how they have planned to balance out the specs.

Now individual legendary drops may get adjusted but the class itself will not get nerfed. Go cry about weaknesses elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If Locks / Rogues had received a nerf, mages would have been present.
    Well with a statement like that you can win any argument haha. Since hybrids weren't a thing in TBC (apart from buffing a party) its rather obvious if you nerf the few pure dps classes that existed mages would come up ontop haha. And they would still be beaten badly by hunters in that case (hunters were actually the strongest dps towards the end of TBC).

Deleted

what a fucking moron they might aswell delete both things if they nerfed it like that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Possimpible View Post
    Fire isn't going to get nerfed.

In the Q&A he even mentioned that secondary stats were front loaded for the start of the expansion which is why we were able to hit 60% crit so easily with some mages pushing 64% and beyond. The ratio of higher vs lower secondary stats is going to be more even as we go deeper into the expansion causing our relative dps to fall behind in comparison to other classes which are not as dependent on a single stat. This is pretty much how they have planned to balance out the specs.

Now individual legendary drops may get adjusted but the class itself will not get nerfed. Go cry about weaknesses elsewhere.
    Exactly this is the nerf to fire - the deeper you go in the expansion Fire will not get extra crit on top of what it already have. For example yesterday my guild downed eye boss and the cloth head piece with 20 ilvl difference(between 865 and 885) was giving +220 int and (watch this) +38 mastery and +31 haste.

So the rough math shows this: for 1% crit u need 350 rating or you need to upgrade roughly 10 gear pieces(out of 14) to get that additional 1%. And Nighthold drop 905 ilvl. So with the rough math here if you manage to deck yourself with full mythic Nighhold gear(no wf/tf) you will have roughly 2% more crit that what you had when you started progression.
    AND not to mention that the mage tier have only 2 out of 6 pieces with crit on them. This is additional nerf in my opinion for fire. So screw Emerald Nightmare! The truth lies in Nighthold. There we will see properly how the specs perform.

Yes, that one thing is from automatic cleave from your main target. Xavius, Ursoc and Dragons each have cleave elements that increase Fire DPS without any loss. But looking at ST only fights, Fire is not in the top 3. And on priority switch add fights Fire is on the bottom half of the list(Hello Cenarius).