Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Developers having troubles finding a solution for people leaving M+ dungeons

This has to be a joke? Like this has to be some kind of joke the developers of a million dollar company really can't be this stupid to not have an idea on how to punish players for leaving M+ dungeon groups???

They are saying well well if if if we let you kick people you will just invite your friends!..........These guys really cannot be this stupid to think the only alternative to people leaving is to add people in? They are thinking strictly on how to benefit the keyholder and the other individuals rather then to punish the person that actually left.

If you come up with a system so that people get punished severely for leaving WHILE THE TIMER IS ACTIVE then you will have A SIGNIFICANT drop in the amount of people leaving. Not the final solution no but definitely an appropriate medium-long term fix for a detrimental game mechanic.

EXAMPLE: If you leave a M+ dungeon while the timer is active you will get a debuff for double the amount of the time of the timer you left at. This debuff instantly breaks your armor and applies a Coward Sickness(exact same as resurection sickness) to you. Enjoy the 400g repair bill and not being able to play your toon for 20minutes-1hr

That whole Q&A shined light to me of how stupid these developers actually are, not even stupid but how ignorant to not only what the players need to be happy but what the game needs to prosper and be enjoyable long term.

/rant end
    Last edited by JonBeMerkin; 2016-10-17 at 08:24 AM.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apply " instantly breaks your armor and applies a Coward Sickness" to the person that kicked the keyholder aswell. Then its a good idea.

I think in addition to that the sickness should lock your account for at least 1 day from every M+ dungeon so that you can not simply wait a bit and joing the next.

BUT there must also be a way for people to leave while the dungeon is in progress simply when the whole group agrees to stop doing the dungeon. Something like a surrender vote in league of legends e.g., every 5 minutes you can start a surrender vote and when 4 out of 5 people agree, everyone is free to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    EXAMPLE: If you leave a M+ dungeon while the timer is active you will get a debuff for double the amount of the time of the timer you left at. This debuff instantly breaks your armor and applies a Coward Sickness(exact same as resurection sickness) to you. Enjoy the 400g repair bill and not being able to play your toon for 20minutes-1hr
    even ignoring how this punishes people who leave for non-malicious reasons, or disconnect, or whatever,

why would I care?

ill just log an alt

or go play counterstrike
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glaziola View Post
    Apply " instantly breaks your armor and applies a Coward Sickness" to the person that kicked the keyholder aswell. Then its a good idea.
    Exactly; enabling people to change members during a running timer would open us up for abuse as in "stealing keys".

It would also boost the whole "boosting-business". As now people would be able to just buy the last boss on higher level keys.
    With most of the prefixes (and their combinations) the trash in mythic+ is the most challanging part after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I think in addition to that the sickness should lock your account for at least 1 day from every M+ dungeon so that you can not simply wait a bit and joing the next.
    oh shit you lagged out

hope you enjoy not being able to play mythic+ for a day lol. sry guys gonna have to find another healer to replace me

surely this is an experience that will frustrate everyone a lot less than the current system
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Edit; please ignore this double-post...

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's really simple, give everyone who leaves mid-run a "leaver's mark", currency-type that only gets reduced by completing runs. And add this as a check-value the same way as min-ilvl in the LFG tool. Gives leaders a really easy way to know what kind of player they are about to invite.

They are saying well well if if if we let you kick people you will just invite your friends!..........These guys really cannot be this stupid to think the only alternative to people leaving is to add people in? They are thinking strictly on how to benefit the keyholder and the other individuals rather then to punish the person that actually left.

If you come up with a system so that people get punished severely for leaving WHILE THE TIMER IS ACTIVE then you will have A SIGNIFICANT drop in the amount of people leaving. Not the final solution no but definitely an appropriate medium-long term fix for a detrimental game mechanic.
    the solution you outlined in the second portion has nothing to do with the issue you outlined in the first portion though?

so basically if i use my keystone and then get kicked, i will effectively be unable to play my character until my keystone is over. fantastic.

Deleted
    To be honest... the solution is quite simple:
    - Dont have the keystones deplete, ever. I don't see the benefit from having this in-game mechanic, depleted keystones. Seems to be just another lazy way to gate content.

15+ Year Old Account
    It has never occurred to the OP that maybe, just maybe it's not the developers of the multimillion dollar company are the ones who are stupid

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by User007 View Post
    - Dont have the keystones deplete, ever.
    Sounds good, but you could also abuse that system to start the run over until you can meet the timer.

You're only considering a single scenario, and saying it's the developers who are stupid??

What about someone who is being harassed by the others in the run...should they really be penalized for leaving the group? What about someone who DCs during the run...should they really be punished? Or let's take your scenario where the leaver is a troll...your "solution" would just encourage the troll to stay in the group, never step foot away from the first room, and go play another game or something instead of dropping group so they don't incur the 400 gold penalty.

So...tell me again how the developers are "stupid" when they've clearly through of scenarios that haven't occurred to you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by User007 View Post
    - Dont have the keystones deplete, ever. I don't see the benefit from having this in-game mechanic, depleted keystones. Seems to be just another lazy way to gate content.
    So spam all day long +10 to get a crazy amount of good loot because without a depleted keystone u won't be punished for not making it in time...great idea !

10+ Year Old Account
    You DON'T QUEUE for Mythic +.

Therefore you CAN'T and SHOULDN'T punish people for leaving.

It's ONLY up to the leader to find proper people.

Deleted
    That whole Q&A shined light to me of how stupid these developers actually are
    Stupidity would be brute forcing a "punishment" that players would only end up exploiting.
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2016-10-17 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    It's really simple, give everyone who leaves mid-run a "leaver's mark", currency-type that only gets reduced by completing runs. And add this as a check-value the same way as min-ilvl in the LFG tool. Gives leaders a really easy way to know what kind of player they are about to invite.
    I think this is perfect actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madone View Post
    What about someone who is being harassed by the others in the run...should they really be penalized for leaving the group? What about someone who DCs during the run...should they really be punished? Or let's take your scenario where the leaver is a troll...your "solution" would just encourage the troll to stay in the group, never step foot away from the first room, and go play another game or something instead of dropping group so they don't incur the 400 gold penalty.

So...tell me again how the developers are "stupid" when they've clearly through of scenarios that haven't occurred to you?
    This basically, I personally had the harass part happen to me which resulted in me leaving because I am not there to take shit from some strangers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Then people who got the "mark" regardless of the cause (like said harassment) would not be invited to groups AT ALL, because we sure know how tolerant people in LFG tool are.

Like really, DPS is already in a huge competition for spots in M+ and having a mark is a surefire way to never get invited ever or at least sit hours in queue no matter the reason.

Don't let keystones be depleted and make them permanent. The system just calls for abuse.... and nothing would realy change with permanent keys.

Need key +1 before able to go to +2, +3, etc... So you can progress upwoards. +10 It won't be fludded with casuals anyways if it where permanent.

The problem is not about finding a solution, but finding a good one. Finding a possible solution is easy - just look at how many people who have no idea about the actual development come up with millions of potential solutions, including the OP.

Unfortunately, most of those only partially solve anything and bring more problems in the process, mostly related to abuse.

No matter how you punish the guy leaving the mythic+ group, it's the other 4 people who are stuck and they could not care less if the guy leaving gets Cowardly Sickness, or anything similar.

AFAIK, you can reset the keystone. I'm not sure if this actually lowers the timer/amount of chests you can get then, but I assume it does. Otherwise you could easily abuse this.

Just form a group with your friends and do not rely on potentially unstable people from LFG. The only experience I have with people leaving in mythic+, is when the whole experience is terrible. And for most of the people, the bad experience is punishing enough. And if a leader kicks someone, the fact that they have to get another player, who in most cases has to get there first, takes a lot of time from the timer and thus is pretty punishing as well.
    There's a reason the mythic dungeons do not go through random group finder - you are required/encouraged to pick people you go with, so that the bad experience is put to a minimum. It's not possible to remove it completely.

Deleted
    Is this an issue? I've seen people leave once..
    And I left one myself yesterday after we wiped 5 times on Hymdall on +2 after I was the last man standing due to people not moving from dragons, and I really don't think I should be "punished" for leaving that.