Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    You DON'T QUEUE for Mythic +.

Therefore you CAN'T and SHOULDN'T punish people for leaving.

It's ONLY up to the leader to find proper people.
    i THINK your CaPS locK buTTon iS BROKE.

Quote Originally Posted by User007 View Post
    To be honest... the solution is quite simple:
    - Dont have the keystones deplete, ever. I don't see the benefit from having this in-game mechanic, depleted keystones. Seems to be just another lazy way to gate content.
    No, it's not. There are many reasons the key could get depleted. If the reason is, that because of that one unlucky wipe you didn't meet the timer, just run it again.

If you think about it, the fact that you still get at least one chest even if you don't finish in time, is probably one of the implemented solutions to minimize the cases where people leave if something goes wrong. And it's also a reason why you don't get a chest at all if running a depleted keystone, albeit an obvious one.

Then people would just afk instead of leaving, what a stupid idea.

Deleted
    There's no solutions that won't end up fucking other people over if by solution you mean something that stops people from leaving. IMO the only thing you can do is have something for players so that when someone queue's for your group you can see that he left x/50 mythic dungeons with an average of the time at which someone left i.e. "Left 10/50 last mythic dungeons with an average of 80% left of the timer."

The only problem with that is that it most likely requires a bit too much work for it to be something that can be done fast and it doesn't stop people from leaving, it just encourages people to invite those who don't leave as often.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the middle of the ocean for 7 months out of the year
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post

-snip-

EXAMPLE: If you leave a M+ dungeon while the timer is active you will get a debuff for double the amount of the time of the timer you left at. This debuff instantly breaks your armor and applies a Coward Sickness(exact same as resurection sickness) to you. Enjoy the 400g repair bill and not being able to play your toon for 20minutes-1hr

That whole Q&A shined light to me of how stupid these developers actually are, not even stupid but how ignorant to not only what the players need to be happy but what the game needs to prosper and be enjoyable long term.

/rant end
    The repair shit wouldn't bother a lot of people. On a progression night I spent about 5-10k on repairs. Gold is so damn easy to make this expansion that people are hitting gold cap so the small repair would be joke and people would just laugh at Blizzard.

As for the timer, like others have stated, they would just go play a round of Call of Duty or something while basically AFKing like they do now with Rez Sickness while they wait for the timer to go down. Again, people would just laugh at this punishment because it doesn't really affect them.

Calling developers Stupid for not being able to come up with a fix for this, then suggesting your own idea which are both laughable to the community that would actually care is just making it a hypocritical statement.

The solution they could do for this is simply locking that player out of Mythic+ Dungeons for the week.

Deleted
    The problem with instant harsh retribution to leavers is that you never know the circumstances: you can't punish someone for disconnecting, losing connection, needing to leave for urgent personal matters. Not the large majority, but these things simply happen.

The only way to circumvent this is to have a reputation attached to your character with your leaver stats, although even that will be abused and doesn't solve the group kicking the keyholder (which i've seen a few times).

Simple solution? Ignore leavers, don't group with them in the future. That's how we used to play this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    It's really simple, give everyone who leaves mid-run a "leaver's mark", currency-type that only gets reduced by completing runs. And add this as a check-value the same way as min-ilvl in the LFG tool. Gives leaders a really easy way to know what kind of player they are about to invite.
    I would approve of this.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    I would approve of this.
    I approve the "bad rep token".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prinnybomb View Post
    So spam all day long +10 to get a crazy amount of good loot because without a depleted keystone u won't be punished for not making it in time...great idea !
    Remove the chest if you dont beat the timer. Dont deplete the key, let you try again. Problem solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    It has never occurred to the OP that maybe, just maybe it's not the developers of the multimillion dollar company are the ones who are stupid

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds good, but you could also abuse that system to start the run over until you can meet the timer.
    It's possible already, I see many groups trying to "re-energize" keys and doing double runs. 1 to bring the key back to life, 1 to get loot.

Remove the chest if you dont beat the timer. Dont deplete the key, let you try again. Problem solved.
    Sounds like a good solution to me. Either that or make it easier to activate a depleted key so you can run it again.

Dunno whats ur problem.
    I have played quiet a few mythic+ and in my group there hasnt been anyone who left, never. And it's all PUGs.
    Why would u leave a mythic+ anyway? If its hard and people wipe, timer is over, so what, u still get a chest, and the weekly chest at ur hall.
    People want loot, as long as u give people loot, they wont leave.

@OP and pretty much everyone else blaming Blizzard - It's not easy to come up with a "fix." Go ahead, try and come up with one. I guarantee you I can find numerous problems with literally any system you can come up with. It just isn't possible for Blizzard to make the system flawless - there's always going to be some inherent "problem" that players will just have to deal with.

Then people will leave as soon as it starts to look like you're failing the timer. Pugs generally don't want to do "progression" mythic+ where you keep re-trying to beat the timer even after failing. They want to show up, 1-shot it, get their loot, and move on. Anyone who's ever pugged a raid in WoW's existence can tell you this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you can expect the game to protect you from issues in player created groups but it'd certainly be nice to be given more information on players to help group leaders make informed decisions on who to bring rather than just selecting on ilevel and class.
    A system wide player rating system would solve those and many other problems with pugging. That or they should have made mythic+ to be realm only and allow local player and guild reputations to be forged again.

Here's a solution:

Don't pug Mythic +'s. Only do mythics with reliable people.

If the person you are doing mythic + with is reliable and still ends up leaving, then you are either incorrect about them being reliable, or what just happened is an unlikely freak occurrence and your life will go on.

Pick up groups are bad. People need to realize this. Any system like this that is totally controlled by players and can be used to punish other players, will be abused to do so. There are plenty of people that would be more than willing to use up their keystone to troll other players.

There simply isn't a good solution here outside of not pugging. Perhaps that's a sign that the system itself is flawed and needs to be totally reworked.

This has to be a joke? Like this has to be some kind of joke the developers of a million dollar company really can't be this stupid to not have an idea on how to punish players for leaving M+ dungeon groups???

They are saying well well if if if we let you kick people you will just invite your friends!..........These guys really cannot be this stupid to think the only alternative to people leaving is to add people in? They are thinking strictly on how to benefit the keyholder and the other individuals rather then to punish the person that actually left.

If you come up with a system so that people get punished severely for leaving WHILE THE TIMER IS ACTIVE then you will have A SIGNIFICANT drop in the amount of people leaving. Not the final solution no but definitely an appropriate medium-long term fix for a detrimental game mechanic.

EXAMPLE: If you leave a M+ dungeon while the timer is active you will get a debuff for double the amount of the time of the timer you left at. This debuff instantly breaks your armor and applies a Coward Sickness(exact same as resurection sickness) to you. Enjoy the 400g repair bill and not being able to play your toon for 20minutes-1hr

That whole Q&A shined light to me of how stupid these developers actually are, not even stupid but how ignorant to not only what the players need to be happy but what the game needs to prosper and be enjoyable long term.

/rant end
    there is very simple solution to all this shit - simply make keystones non-depletable -

sadly it would be fun and we cant have fun things in game

Play with friends/guildies.

If you have decided to pug mythic+ then accept the risks.

Entitled casuals...

This has to be a joke? Like this has to be some kind of joke the developers of a million dollar company really can't be this stupid to not have an idea on how to punish players for leaving M+ dungeon groups???
    It's funny you think it is so black and white.

They don't know how to handle and punish it because of various reasons. Disconnected and can't reconnect for some reason, how would the punishment be handled? Someone leaves the group, how is that one handled? What if you could kick someone, should both people get a punishment? Right now they can only apply one punishment no matter what happens (and even getting kicked doesn't do anything). Also, should the person who left be punished because your group was utterly terrible and had a massive amount of death's / wipes?

The problem is there are a ton of scenarios and right now it's the same punishment no matter what which isn't always going to be fair in each case.

/rant end
    Just like your post and many others think they hold the best solution(s) to every problem. The developers just can't apply every single decision that they or the public think are great. Not saying every change they do is great, but a lot of thought has to go into each decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    i THINK your CaPS locK buTTon iS BROKE.
    No, I just felt like capitalising a few words becuase people don't get the basics.

It's not a queued feature. You form the group yourself. Therefore, the leader has the sole respnsibility. Take time to form a solid group. You can never, ever complain about this since you choose yourself who you invite. Take some time to research who you invite or shut the f**k up.

There, I put it in bold instead, maybe people learn now.

Deleted

when do you want to remove the chest ? every try (even the first) you dont make the time = no chest ? would hurt much more ppl because of bad pugs than the leavers problem. did like 200 m+ mostly with randoms. had just 1 case of a leaver vs. 50% bad mates / no luck so that we didnt make the +6-10 time but still could get a chest.

Revoke M+ tokens for the week and make it so they can't obtain Keystones for that lockout OR "ban" from Mythics and M+ for the week/lockout.

**Meh, reading through the rest of the posts, M and M + are formed groups so...I completely agree that is on the leads shoulders....until they make random M,M + a thing that is.**
    Last edited by enragedgorilla; 2016-10-17 at 02:37 PM.

I seem to recall in challenge modes you could reset the timer while still in the dungeon. Just make it so you can reset the instance with key intact and switch people out in the staging area. Seems easy enough.