Page 1 of 31
... LastLast

Julian Assange has had his connection to the internet severed

A tweet from the official wikileaks twitter account:

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/787889195507417088

So apparently the state has severed his internet connection and wikileaks claims to have activated a 'contingency plan'. Surprisingly enough, the legacy media is still not reporting on this development.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

'but but but what if Trump gets access to nuke codes?!'

Meanwhile the idiot democrats are -actually- starting a war. Fucking morons.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post

Funny how totalitarianism and fascism always rises from well intentioned people who believe they are pursuing the greater good.
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    lol what a fucking scrub if his connection is "severed". I call bullshit.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2016-10-17 at 10:40 AM.

Deleted

What does any of this nonsense have to do with someone's internet connection being down?

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    What does any of this nonsense have to do with someone's internet connection being down?
    He is inside the Ecuadorian embassy, and the claim is that a 'state actor' is responsible for the internet being cut off. I don't think this is a case of a bad Comcast connection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Media that have a reputation to uphold like CNN and Fox (as much as people like to say that they don't have a reputation beyond pure scum) move more slowly outside of opinion pieces. It takes time to verify information, to ascertain that what was claimed on social media is actually what happened. And let's face it, he really is enough of a whiny bitch that he would claim state attacks on him without having a clue as to what is actually going on.

That aside, if it turns out to actually be the US government cutting his connection to the internet, are people really, really that surprised that the government takes active steps to defend itself against someone claiming to be routinely hacking into it? Being outraged at this is like being mad that a police officer cuffs you for breaking into someone's home.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    That aside, if it turns out to actually be the US government cutting his connection to the internet, are people really, really that surprised that the government takes active steps to defend itself against someone claiming to be routinely hacking into it?
    Just to focus on this statement, which is a common misunderstanding, wikileaks themselves do not engage in any hacking activities, they merely act as a means through which information that they can verify is disseminated.

nuke codes would be something like 123456789 (old ones were 0000000000) lol

ulian Assange's internet link has been intentionally severed by a state party. We have activated the appropriate contingency plans.

State party?! Exciting spy stuff!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Just to focus on this statement, which is a common misunderstanding, wikileaks themselves do not engage in any hacking activities, they merely act as a means through which information that they can verify is disseminated.
    In terms of purposefully distributing unverified documents purportedly hacked from government servers, the different really is meaningless.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe...e=news_central

The BBC is now reporting that the bank accounts of Russia Today in the UK have been frozen.

So, a guy whose claim to fame is spreading hacked information gets hacked... I think I'll have a Coke.

Is his contingency plan getting someone to buy a cellphone and using the 3G/4G ? It's pretty hard to keep someone off the internet these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    A tweet from the official wikileaks twitter account:

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/787889195507417088

So apparently the state has severed his internet connection and wikileaks claims to have activated a 'contingency plan'. Surprisingly enough, the legacy media is still not reporting on this development.
    Aww, poor guy.
    Yet he apparently sexually assaulted women, ran away and hid in the ecuadorian embassy becuase he's too much of a coward to take responsibility for his own actions and he's now surprised that people are out to get him.

What a whiny little bitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, a guy whose claim to fame is spreading hacked information gets hacked... I think I'll have a Coke.
    Is Pepsi okay?

To add

If he is contacting and letting people know his internet is down, then well.... its not much of a severing considering its an organization... not just one person..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    Is his contingency plan getting someone to buy a cellphone and using the 3G/4G ? It's pretty hard to keep someone off the internet these days...
    Its incredibly hard.... like if his computer personally is blocked, there are dozens of ways around it. If its his accounts, same deal, dozens of ways around it. Sounds like a lot of possible lies.

Deleted
    Well, Julian Assange is currently DESTROYING the Democratic Party with his latest Releases... the dirt that is coming to light is unbelievable.
    And on Top of that, Dinesh D'Souza released his new documentary about the Democratic Party's History : http://hillarysamericathemovie.com/
    Its running everywhere on Place 1 in the Charts. I can only recommend to everyone to go and watch it.

I dont like the Republicans, in Fact i hate this Megalomaniac Bigot Psychopath Trump...
    But compaired to Hillary... he is like a Episode of Barneys and Friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Aww, poor guy.
    Yet he apparently sexually assaulted women, ran away and hid in the ecuadorian embassy becuase he's too much of a coward to take responsibility for his own actions and he's now surprised that people are out to get him.

What a whiny little bitch.
    Potentially. If he does go to trial. He may be extradited to the US, where he will be gone.

Dems dont want their beloved Killary to go down the drain, funny how most how you have put it past you that the dems forces sanders out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    If he is contacting and letting people know his internet is down, then well.... its not much of a severing considering its an organization... not just one person..
    If you were the type of person brave enough to release information on the type of people who bury bodies in roadside ditches by the truckload, wouldn't you have a contingency plan and a way of activating it if you were suddenly cut off from contacting your support network?