Poll: tom leaves wow team to develop...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    need an additional option choice " other" would be cool.
    anyway, IF* it's warcraft 4, I believe it would be done in a console/pc playable version, and be a zelda type playthru with a MINOR mmo touch.
    Now think about it. people love overwatch cause they can jump in and go just like cod and other games like that. other people like story type games, some people like playing the game solo when they want but maybe small group is ok. so if you can group up with 3 others and have 4 person teams , it's big enough but not to big. Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    What's your definition of "full game" lol?
    Not having a single player story campaign packed with lore would be the usual complaint against multiplayer only games.

Otherwise there's absolutely no reason at all to call blizzards first new IP in decades "the status quo".

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Not having a single player story campaign packed with lore would be the usual complaint against multiplayer only games.

Otherwise there's absolutely no reason at all to call blizzards first new IP in decades "the status quo".
    Really? It's STILL comparable to team fortress not just because it's similar in its philosophy but also in its amount of content. It's even more barebones than heroes of the storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Nothing is confirmed until blizzcon.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    What makes people think that if they let WoW end they are going to immediately jump into another game based on Warcraft?
    By being hopefully? The warcraft franchise and mind you not WORLD OF has been neglected for over 10 years. Warcraft was brought into this world as an rts. And we need that again. I hope its this and not some stupid ass entry into another gaming market with a clone of another style of game that blizzard wants to rake it in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    By being hopefully? The warcraft franchise and mind you not WORLD OF has been neglected for over 10 years. Warcraft was brought into this world as an rts. And we need that again. I hope its this and not some stupid ass entry into another gaming market with a clone of another style of game that blizzard wants to rake it in on.
    Blizzard has made a living off of entering already proven markets with clones. I hate to break it to you, but that's what literally every blizzard game ever is. They've never innovated anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Blizzard has made a living off of entering already proven markets with clones. I hate to break it to you, but that's what literally every blizzard game ever is. They've never innovated anything.
    Yeh but these games were not just mere clones. Diablo and warcraft and starcraft were great games in thier own rights. Blizzards moba and TF2 clone were just obvious reskins for them to get in on a popular market rather than make a new good original game.

Titan II: Phoenix Rising confirmed.

Digital Card game was not a proven market. Nor was MMORPG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Really? It's STILL comparable to team fortress not just because it's similar in its philosophy but also in its amount of content. It's even more barebones than heroes of the storm.
    You must have some valid and quantifiable method to measure something like that to claim such a thing. Multiplayers games like LoL,Dota2,HotS,Overwatch,Hearthstone,etc are generally accepted as full games.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh but these games were not just mere clones. Diablo and warcraft and starcraft were great games in thier own rights. Blizzards moba and TF2 clone were just obvious reskins for them to get in on a popular market rather than make a new good original game.
    What you are saying is like saying Warcraft was a reskin of Dune 2 as a game. You should keep in mind that many people think a "TF2 clone" like Overwatch is a great game in its own right.

You are just being inconsistent with your logic. Starcraft was a Dune clone as much as HotS is a dota clone.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2016-10-17 at 10:12 AM.

Digital Card game was not a proven market. Nor was MMORPG.
    Competitive trading card games was a proven market already. Magic the Gathering literally printed money. Blizzard made a popular digital option. Let's not kid ourselves into acting like Hearthstone is not a trading card game.

I really hope you're not serious that MMORPG wasn't a proven market. It was more a proven market before WoW, then it is now. Everquest and FFXI where both very successful games before WoW, not to mention if we want to get into the runescapes, dark age and ultima's of the world. Compared to today's market where no big budget project will take risks on the MMORPG genre again, it was a VERY VERY proven market with everyone trying to enter it back then.

Would love a Starcraft or diablo MMO. I love the story of them, but hate their gameplay.

What you are saying is like saying Warcraft was a reskin of Dune 2 as a game. You should keep in mind that many people think a "TF2 clone" like Overwatch is a great game in its own right.

You are just being inconsistent with your logic. Starcraft was a Dune clone as much as HotS is a dota clone.
    All i see is development type and tallent going into other games while thier main titles get neglected. Dune didnt remotly have a grasp on the market like tf2 or the 3 main moba games did. Im not saying they are exact clones, but they games are beyond simalar. Blizzard saw some easy markets that had popular games and pumped devs and money into creating thier versions of said nichs and now they are printing money due to the blizzard name branded on it.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    some potentially fun yet random car racing game
    Is it strange that this is the first thing I thought of when I read this?

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Azeroth_Grand_Prix

At any rate, I have no idea. It could be anything. I mean, I didn't see Hearthstone coming, and I certainly didn't see Overwatch coming.

I doubt it will be a Starcraft MMORPG, but I would play it if it was attempted (and not totally horrible). Warcraft 4 is something more believable, but frankly I don't see that happening easily. Who can say for sure, though; I'd love a Warcraft 4 if it actually happened.

Competitive trading card games was a proven market already. Magic the Gathering literally printed money. Blizzard made a popular digital option. Let's not kid ourselves into acting like Hearthstone is not a trading card game.

I really hope you're not serious that MMORPG wasn't a proven market. It was more a proven market before WoW, then it is now. Everquest and FFXI where both very successful games before WoW, not to mention if we want to get into the runescapes, dark age and ultima's of the world.
    Digital Card games was not a proven market. It's like saying RPG was a proven market for computer games basing on the success of previous table top games. MMORPG was never a proven market. I don't know what's your definition of "very successful" because for me MMORPG was niche before WoW. Proven market to me means that it has to have already been exposed to the mass and achieved massive success. Everquest nor Ultima did that.

- - - Updated - - -

All i see is development type and tallent going into other games while thier main titles get neglected. Dune didnt remotly have a grasp on the market like tf2 or the 3 main moba games did. Im not saying they are exact clones, but they games are beyond simalar. Blizzard saw some easy markets that had popular games and pumped devs and money into creating thier versions of said nichs and now they are printing money due to the blizzard name branded on it.
    That's nonsense. Just because there are already popular games in certain genres, they are not allowed to make their own such games? HotS is not more similar to Dota than Starcraft was to Dune. They are very different.

Overwatch was a success because of the brand the same way WC3 was a success because of the brand. There are always people who will complain whether they create new IPs or keep using the old ones. They keep using the ones and people will say they keep milking them and don't bother to come up with new IPs.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2016-10-17 at 10:38 AM.

Digital Card games was not a proven market. It's like saying RPG was a proven market for computer games basing on the success of previous table top games. MMORPG was never a proven market. I don't know what's your definition of "very successful" because for me MMORPG was niche before WoW. Proven market to me means that it has to have already been exposed to the mass and achieved massive success. Everquest nor Ultima did that.
    So film and music was an unproven market when it transferred to digital. Great logic.

MMORPGS where very profitable, and making money. That is a proven market. Not sure what dumb world you live in where something needs to be a mass sensation to be a proven market, but that's not the case. Don't quit your day job and pursue a business degree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I doubt a shooter, unless Titan is revived, was rumoured to be an MMOFPS. Don't really wanna see a Warcraft 4. And a StarCraft MMO, I think Blizzard would leave that cake for the modders, it seems.
    It was never dead fyi its been in progress even after overwatch

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    What makes people think that if they let WoW end they are going to immediately jump into another game based on Warcraft?
    I mean, it would be perfect to end WoW before Argus. And either let WC4 be set there or create WoW2.

Argus is a whole new planet, so the amount of content there would rival Azeroth, thus I think it would be a great
    idea to revamp WoW before we move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzah View Post
    It was never dead fyi its been in progress even after overwatch
    Exactly, they never did stop working on Titan, there's still a small team working on it according to the ex-devs that Kotaku interviewed.
    I think the secret project might be Titan or classic realms, we've heard extremely little from the Nostalrius devs too, which is not usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post

Argus is a whole new planet
    So is Draenor, and it didn't have the outlands excuse of being blown up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Warcraft 4 seems most likely. Anyone with half a brain knows Legion is the last WoW expansion.
    Looks like it. The rest of the people, with fully developed brains, already know that's just not true. Blizzard is already working on another expansion. They do not hide it. Even announced another stat squish coming if they do not find another way on how to handle numbers. But you maybe right, maybe the next update will require you to check a "I am not a half-brain." box to update next expansion. You never know

None of them.