Poll: EN worst first tier

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    WHAT IS THIS THREAD. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Warcraft has moved far and beyond its Orcs vs. Humans roots.
    Nothing really new except Panda's since WC3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by axiom View Post
    why racist... i like asia in real life. i am from Germany and i have been to Japan und south kore for Holidays. great countrys! but i do not like asia Settings in Computer games. i hate the hole Anime stuff on Television too. i would never Play pokemon or watch Dragon ball or stupid stuff like that.
    Wasn't saying it was racist, but people have in the past.

Boss fights are fine (except of Xavius maybe), trash is fine, but the visuals are freaking nightmare. I know it fits perfectly to the theme, but doesn't help. If you get me into a sewer level of a game, and answer my complains about crawling in shit in piss with "what did you expect, it's sewer", you're not helping.

In the trio of MSV/HM/EN, Nightmare feels the worst. Boss fights were on similar level in all, but visually EN is the worst.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    HM was really good first tier raid, like the best for me

Kargath, Butcher and Margok are totaly unforgetable boss's i still remember their quotes as if it was yesterday

EN, is not that bad raid, but bad tuning

I love it. Haven't done it in LFR and don't want to, that is utterly boring, I really fall asleep during boss fights.

Il'gynoth's whispers suggest some great story twists, don't know if he lies or not. I love the theme and environment, always wanted content in the dream/nightmare, everything is twisted and weird.

nothing can beat the first tier of WOTLK in "how bad first tier was", everything was destroyed in a 3 hour window upon raiding time

Deleted
    WotLK first tier isn't remembered THAT badly in the community at large because majority of people didn't raid, hadn't raided before (except maybe Karazhan) and found it all a fresh and fascinating experience... but for any existing raider, anyone who was clearing Sunwell before WotLK dropped, it was without a doubt one of the worst tiers.
    Another statement neither supported by facts nor data. In WOTLK, people left during the one year content drought after ICC, and WOTLK first tier was so popular that the raid servers have been lagging like hell during the whole first tier period (which didn't last very long).

The reason why MMORPG raids have been so dull the last 6 years is because some uneducated/tasteless portion of the playerbase think the only thing which make a raid entertaining is its difficulty (or lack of). Normal/HC EN isn't harder than the first WOTLK tier, however, the boss mechanics are terribly dull and unentertaining, where Naxxramas had a lot of flavor in the raids encounters.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-10-17 at 11:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It reminds me of Wonderland from American McGee's version of Alice. I love it, but I wish it would've been more terrifying.

I hope they deliver with N'Zoth and Nyalotha on the horizon.

Deleted
    I don't get that HFC feeling.

It feels like a dungeon, it's not bad - it's just the first dish in the menu.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-10-17 at 11:16 AM.

I find it fun. More enjoyable to be the first one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    I refuse to call something that comes out 3 months after launch part of the first tier. Thats just accepting lazyness from blizzard.
    If you're implying this is the worst first raid tier, then subsequently saying the above, you actually have no point.

And to those who say LFR is boring - don't do it. Avoid it like the plague and work hard to find a normal group, the difference in satisfaction levels is immense. LFR is poison.

Yeah, I don't fancy it either.. some bosses are kinda ok:ish (like Cenarius) but most are pretty dull and don't get me started on the environment... everything looks exactly the same.. and everything looks crazy boring... then it's crowned off with a not-finished zone for the lastboss... we're standing in a grey void that probably is straight from their 3D map generator tool that they forgot to apply textures on.... Yeah, I dunno... pretty dull instance tbh.

Can't wait for text raid, gonna be a huge boost and then Kara as well (old fav)!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Nothing really new except Panda's since WC3
    Are you kidding me?

Warcraft 1 is basically the baseline story with Draenor, Dark Portal, etc.
    Tides of Darkness is the Second War story and the destruction of the Dark Portal.
    Beyond the Dark Portal is about the second invasion under Ner'zhul and the Alliance taking the fight to Draenor.
    Reign of Chaos is the Thrall, Grom & Arthas story.
    The Frozen Throne is all about Arthas/Lich King, the Horde establishing themselves in Kalimdor and Illidan.

So the original games cover, or link heavily, to Burning Crusade, WoD and Wrath of the Lich King. All other expansions, including Vanilla, feature stories that go beyond Orcs vs. Humans. Even Legion links only in part to the original story with the Tomb of Sargeras (which isn't yet present in the current story).

The lore of the Warcraft franchise has become far bigger than what was played upon in the first 5 strategy games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 90vyd View Post
    WHAT IS THIS THREAD. lol
    Some guy saying that basically 33% of Legion's first tier equals to less contant than 100% of other expansion's first tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    With Nighthold being 2 months away its basically a tier of its own.
    Oh so it's launching on December 17th 2016? Funny Blizzard is on record saying Early 2017

Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...on-october-25/

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Just because you had an easy time with it does not mean every other raid group also had an easy time with it.
    I honestly don't get people like that. People here claim that WotLK's Naxx was way too undertuned and thus an insult (ok..?) to them, yet my guild certainly didin't plow through it. We were by no means chasing world firsts, yet we took Naxx seriously, as did we Karazhan. It took some time before Kel'Thuzad was killed and no one went "lol wtf Blizz this shit is too undertuned".

I don't consider myself a bad player, but I'm not Serenity material either. I'm playing WoW, then hit up these forums, and then I get truly confused. Either I truly do suck as well as those I play(ed) with or people here overexagerate to a point where I feel I play one version of WoW and they another. Remember the story about the blind WoW player (Dragon Soul days)? Yeh, people here will claim they can play while blind, better than a blind guy and then complain the game is too easy

Anyway, I've just done the three first bosses on LFR, twice. Fights seem ok. The layout seems new and slightly fresher, new color scheme. The only thing I don't like is the use of portals, I prefer the layout of, say, Bastion of Twilight/Blackwing Descent. Portals ruin the feeling of immersion - a word that I don't use often
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Are you kidding me?

Warcraft 1 is basically the baseline story with Draenor, Dark Portal, etc.
    Tides of Darkness is the Second War story and the destruction of the Dark Portal.
    Beyond the Dark Portal is about the second invasion under Ner'zhul and the Alliance taking the fight to Draenor.
    Reign of Chaos is the Thrall, Grom & Arthas story.
    The Frozen Throne is all about Arthas/Lich King, the Horde establishing themselves in Kalimdor and Illidan.

So the original games cover, or link heavily, to Burning Crusade, WoD and Wrath of the Lich King. All other expansions, including Vanilla, feature stories that go beyond Orcs vs. Humans. Even Legion links only in part to the original story with the Tomb of Sargeras (which isn't yet present in the current story).

The lore of the Warcraft franchise has become far bigger than what was played upon in the first 5 strategy games.
    The original games cover or link to BC, WoTLK, Cata and WoD. The dragons are heavily linked into NE lore. Legion also fits perfectly.
    Panda land was the complete brand new idea and brand new race. Everything else can be linked into the 4 key races or the legion.

Your post confuses me because it supports what I am saying that from the basis of Orc V Human and the WC3 story,the pandas are the odd part out

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    why do people always hate so much on naxx? It sure is one of my top raids, especially because of the atmopshere. So what if it was easy?
    Because it was too easily accesible to the unwashed masses of casuals, in which I belong. To them, a raid's final boss should probably take 5 months to kill, playing 12+ hours a day, and only 1000 people or so should be worthy enough to kill it
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    3,... with Trial of Valor that's 3 raids.
    True.
    I meant are yet to open, forgot about yet though.

I like EN a lot, in large part due to the lore, but it's also the first time I'm doing progression, so I don't have anything to compare to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    I honestly don't get people like that. People here claim that WotLK's Naxx was way too undertuned and thus an insult (ok..?) to them, yet my guild certainly didin't plow through it. We were by no means chasing world firsts, yet we took Naxx seriously, as did we Karazhan. It took some time before Kel'Thuzad was killed and no one went "lol wtf Blizz this shit is too undertuned".

I don't consider myself a bad player, but I'm not Serenity material either. I'm playing WoW, then hit up these forums, and then I get truly confused. Either I truly do suck as well as those I play(ed) with or people here overexagerate to a point where I feel I play one version of WoW and they another.
    I'm in a similar boat. My guild is currently progressing through Heroic EN and we've just killed Cenarius yesterday for the first time. Yet, according to everyone here, Heroic is super easy and we should have just cleared it in the first few tries.

I'm sure we're doing some things wrong but it seems to be more on the edges rather than the general approach, which is what I would expect to be wrong if our performance was as catastrophic as people imply. And, at the same time, if I tried to get my dad to play WoW, it'd take him such a long time to get to where I am right now...