Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Random isnt fair, its random. Welcome to the world of probabilities

I do not care much about how many legendaries i have. Even less i care about how many of them other people have.
    If i carried a lot (like some cutting edge guys) i probably would also did several characters to increase the chance and mained the one to drop leg.
    What i see, is that people who really need it get it somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Given enough time, there is nothing more fair than random.
    Problem is, the expantion will be out for say 3 years. Most players that did not get a legendary will have left long befor the expantion is over.
    Random is not fair in this situation nore is it fun. It gets even worse though as you might get the neck or some other shitty legendar and then ou're really fucked.

I mean, you can't even disenchant them...

Deleted
    And someone can go farm Ashes for 1 attempt while i have to kill it 300 times. You know what that is?

RNG

Jesus christ

Quote Originally Posted by Winrarw View Post
    Random isnt fair, its random. Welcome to the world of probabilities
    Yes, it's random.. but if everyone has the same chance to get one .. then it's fair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    this thread is new and refreshing
    Not only this. It's also hilarious to read, well skim. The amount of raitards whining their little hearts out...

The best part of Legion has been Blizzard's outright refusal to cater to "hardcores" at the expense of "casuals". The sheer volume of tears is amazing. "Boohoohoo my pleb friend has 3 legendaries and I, amazing epic raider of ultimate skill, don't have any! Waaaaaah!"
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    And someone can go farm Ashes for 1 attempt while i have to kill it 300 times. You know what that is?

RNG

Jesus christ
    NOBODY CARES ABOUT ASHES. ASHES WONT MAKE YOU LOSE A SPOT OVER SOMEONE ELSE

prophet mohhamed

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I know blizzard joked about it, but they really should have implemented good luck protection.

Seeing casuals with 3+ legendaries completely ruins the idea of legendaries being fun and exciting when they drop for you.
    And to add insult to injury to complete the order hall talent thing the last item costs a ton takes a long time to finish and the only bonus is letting you use a second legendary and given I have never even gotten the first one yet that irks me a bit. It is like mocking me saying you should have at least two by now.

Why do people feel so damn entitled to get a Legendary? This really explains why we have this lame approach since MoP that everyone has to get a legendary instead of the earlier days when it took some effort and luck to get a Legendary and not everyone had it.

I play A LOT, I got none and I don't complain at all. One day I will get one or two, maybe not, screw it. I can be content with ilvl 885/895 epics as well.

If I may exaggerate though the example is quite accurate, I am playing the lotto for 3 years straight and didn't win once.
    Some guy played like 2-3 times and won 5 million dollars, how is that fair? boohoo fix the system! Unfair! That's how it is sometimes, deal with it.
    Last edited by Kazlofski; 2016-10-17 at 03:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    NOBODY CARES ABOUT ASHES. ASHES WONT MAKE YOU LOSE A SPOT OVER SOMEONE ELSE

prophet mohhamed
    And you're not gonna lose your raid spot in your ultra casual guild, is that really hard to understand? I was getting 95-99% perf median without a legendary so maybe it's time for you to shape up a tiny bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    if you srsly feel "offended" by an rng item in a video game then its time to seek out a psychiatrist, that's not normal.
    if you fail to understand the context of his post, and stick to minor details, then you need to grow some perception. that's not normal.

I'll start caring when the game mandates my acquisition of one. Till then, I'm not terribly concerned with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    And you're not gonna lose your raid spot in your ultra casual guild, is that really hard to understand? I was getting 95-99% perf median without a legendary so maybe it's time for you to shape up a tiny bit?
    Stop imagining things. and get good.

Deleted
    I personally think I am condemned to at least 10 years of no luck because I got Invincible on first kill.

I win 1k USD per month, i have mates that wins 10k per month.

im gonna send a ticket to IT right now. this need to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by sd2400533 View Post
    I just want to ask.
    Anyone else feels unfair or even offended by this current legendary drop system?

My friend plays WoW 2 hours per day, and just do World quests and normal Mythic 5-man, he got 3 legendaries.
    I play WoW 4 hours a day and I do at least 20 Mythic+ 5~10 a week and N/HOC Raids, I got none.

Why am i spend so much more time and my item level is less than somebody who played much less? How is this fair? Am I get "punished" for playing more or something?? How am i suppose to compete with someone who got two equipped(especially the two important ones)? I need to spend more time researching and maximise my item, my rotation, my PVP skills, for what? for get beat up by some random guy pressing Gnome Sequencer who just luckier than me??

Why can't they make it like: for every world quest you complete and every mythic+ you done, you get your legendary drop chance increased a little bit? To actually reward player for spending more time on your game?

I will stop wasting my time on this game if I don't get a legendary by the end of this subscription period (ends Nov 15th).

If thats the case, thank you Blizzard for ending my passion and hype for this expansion so quickly.
    Offended? No, not even close.
    RNG is a pain, but it is what it is.
    They have a "bad luck" safety in place supposedly so eventually you will get one.
    I got mine yesterday actually, (I play 6 ish hours a day currently..at launch and up until about 2 weeks ago I was playing 8+ hours a day)_. From a emissary chest , was watching youtube at the time I clicked the chest open, didn't even know I had got one until my screen lit up.
    It is like a slot machine

Side note...
    If this "offends" you...good lord how do you function on a day to day basis in the real world?

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I'll start caring when the game mandates my acquisition of one. Till then, I'm not terribly concerned with it.
    for the sake of god the first correct answer.

Quote Originally Posted by sd2400533 View Post
    I just want to ask.
    Anyone else feels unfair or even offended by this current legendary drop system?

My friend plays WoW 2 hours per day, and just do World quests and normal Mythic 5-man, he got 3 legendaries.
    I play WoW 4 hours a day and I do at least 20 Mythic+ 5~10 a week and N/HOC Raids, I got none.
    Here's a question to you. Consider this scenario: suppose you and your friend are playing a table-top RPG game, and at a certain point in the game there is a "skill check", which means you and your friend need to roll the dice. By your characters' stats, let's say your friend gets to throw two dice, while you get to throw five, and to pass the skill check, both you and your friend need at least one '6' on the dice rolls. Your friend rolls a '4' and a '6', so he passes the skill check, while you roll two '2's, a '4', and a '5', so you don't pass the skill check.

Would you be offended at the system because you failed your rolls while your friend succeeded?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can say I benefited a lot from this system, getting three legendaries, while not playing "that much". Still a decent amount, but nowhere near when compared to other guildies, farming way more mythic+ than I did. Got one of them early on from emissary box, another from weekly challenge chest and one more from normal Xavius during off day raid. A nice mix of activities it would seem.

And yet I still consider it a total mess. First of all, as a Raid Leader I can't help but feel for people who I know are good players, but can't perform to the best of their ability. All because they didn't get a single legendary just yet. Or maybe they got Sephuz, which is worthless for half of the classes.

Contrary to what people believe, you don't have to be World First uber hardcore guild to care about performance. If someone can do extra 20% just because they got lucky with orange, they will have priority on more difficult raid boss. I know it, they know it, neither of us like it. Shouting "the race is over" or "you're not truly hardcore" doesn't matter.

Then there's the offspecs. Say, I want to try my hand at Discipline - nothing too serious, just a few easy bosses. Well, too bad, every time I switch my loot spec, there's a chance I will "waste" a legendary on something I'm only playing casually. Can't even get proper relics because of that. As if the AP grind wasn't bad enough, there's also a further layer of RNG. There's no joy in getting those legendaries, there's only "finally I can switch my loot spec since there's only that crappy ring left."

And let's not forget the classic "oh, I got BiS item on my alt from random dungeon boss." What a lovely feeling, especially when you barely put any effort. At that point, it feels more like RNG laughing in your face rather than an actual reward. And you can't stop thinking "if only I did that on my main..."

It's a disaster of a design. I far prefered the cloak/ring system, with gradual build up over time. It wasn't perfect as it still had some RNG element, but you pretty much knew when you'd get your item. Someone get them one reset earlier - no problem, at least you knew you weren't far behind.