Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If you reset before timer runs out, the keystone is not depleted. BAM, problem solved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    for 20minutes-1hr
    That does nothing. Most people that leave are some drunk guys that haven't slept for 20 hours and would just log off anyway for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    It's really simple, give everyone who leaves mid-run a "leaver's mark", currency-type that only gets reduced by completing runs. And add this as a check-value the same way as min-ilvl in the LFG tool. Gives leaders a really easy way to know what kind of player they are about to invite.
    That would essentially block you from ever joining a mythic PUG ever again. Leave one group due to RL reasons and that character is screwed forever.

You could age out the marks over time, but they wouldn't be effective in any reasonable time-period. Say they wear-off after a graduated period of time (3 hours, 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, then +1 week per mark). In that case you could grief 2-3 groups per day with no real consequences.

I like the idea of a debuff on leaving or going /afk rendering you unable to zone-in to mythic dungeons. I would set it to 20 hours, so you could only grief 1 mythic group per day at most. I would also automatically make whoever unlocks a mythic+ the leader and lock it so the leader can't be changed.

OP lol. Calling these people "stupid" while acting like a child. Those guys have more IQ in their pinky than your whole brain can hold.

A simple fix would be removing the timer on lets say +2-5 and anything higher has the timer.

So people who do +5 or higher will mainly take friends/guildies while +2-4 will be more pug friendly.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I understand that it sucks if someone leaves in the middle.. but is it really that big of an issue? Even with the key depleted.. you can still get another group and use it again to try and beat the timer. I guess you don't get the loot at the end, but it this happening a large percentage of the time? I mainly run with friends/guildies.. but I have also used LFD for a few and never had an issue.

Easiest fix? lock the leaver out of mythic + for the week, and take away their order hall loot chest for the next week.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Just put a debuff on them that disallows running Mythics for like 24 hours or something if they drop group mid-Mythic plus. It's not that complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    A simple fix would be removing the timer on lets say +2-5 and anything higher has the timer.

So people who do +5 or higher will mainly take friends/guildies while +2-4 will be more pug friendly.
    People that kick from mythic+ are griefing. It isn't about getting more loot, or making the dungeon easier, because (assuming the person kicked isn't a griefer themselves) it makes the dungeon harder.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Easiest fix? lock the leaver out of mythic + for the week, and take away their order hall loot chest for the next week.
    So basically make it so no one ever pugs mythic+ again. Are you going to risk you mythic+ runs for the week? Can you be 100% sure that your ISP won't fail? The servers won't get DDOSed? The power won't go out? Pugging becomes too much risk for too little gain.

Simple solution: don't pug if it's your keystone.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    the best punishement for anyone who leaves mythic+ is a debuff that say "you need to do 5 normal mythics to join mythic+ again"

yeah, LoL style punishments

They could just make it so the person who uses the key must be in the group to receive loot at the end. I'm pretty sure they could tell if someone was offline (dc'd/computer problem etc.) vs someone who was kicked from the group.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    So basically make it so no one ever pugs mythic+ again. Are you going to risk you mythic+ runs for the week? Can you be 100% sure that your ISP won't fail? The servers won't get DDOSed? The power won't go out? Pugging becomes too much risk for too little gain.
    No different than being in a raid, disconnecting, and being ineligible for boss loot. Note that this is specifically a punishment for leavers, ie. people who leave party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Just put a debuff on them that disallows running Mythics for like 24 hours or something if they drop group mid-Mythic plus. It's not that complicated.
    Internet issues would break that solution pretty quick. Would be unfair if a random internet issue screws them over for a day.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    You DON'T QUEUE for Mythic +.

Therefore you CAN'T and SHOULDN'T punish people for leaving.

It's ONLY up to the leader to find proper people.
    What kind of retarded logic is that?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    No different than being in a raid, disconnecting, and being ineligible for boss loot. Note that this is specifically a punishment for leavers, ie. people who leave party.
    True but I can still do other raids. I don't get locked out of ICC because I DCed in Ulduar.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    True but I can still do other raids. I don't get locked out of ICC because I DCed in Ulduar.
    You are quite correct, but Ulduar is also irrelevant in terms of ICC. In Legion terms, you still have EN.

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    This has to be a joke? Like this has to be some kind of joke the developers of a million dollar company really can't be this stupid to not have an idea on how to punish players for leaving M+ dungeon groups???

They are saying well well if if if we let you kick people you will just invite your friends!..........These guys really cannot be this stupid to think the only alternative to people leaving is to add people in? They are thinking strictly on how to benefit the keyholder and the other individuals rather then to punish the person that actually left.

If you come up with a system so that people get punished severely for leaving WHILE THE TIMER IS ACTIVE then you will have A SIGNIFICANT drop in the amount of people leaving. Not the final solution no but definitely an appropriate medium-long term fix for a detrimental game mechanic.

EXAMPLE: If you leave a M+ dungeon while the timer is active you will get a debuff for double the amount of the time of the timer you left at. This debuff instantly breaks your armor and applies a Coward Sickness(exact same as resurection sickness) to you. Enjoy the 400g repair bill and not being able to play your toon for 20minutes-1hr

That whole Q&A shined light to me of how stupid these developers actually are, not even stupid but how ignorant to not only what the players need to be happy but what the game needs to prosper and be enjoyable long term.

/rant end
    ok....so I'll just afk in the dungeon until the timer runs out and then leave without a debuff. A repair bill and sickness does nothing to solve the issue other than to trap 5 people in a group for x amount of minutes even after you know the group is a failure.

If a tank is constantly dieing over and over or a healer lacks the skill to heal through the damage then why should I get punished when its clearly a waste of time? This is why randoms like you don't develop games.
    Last edited by xpose; 2016-10-17 at 03:48 PM.

Current system is good enough. Don't pug, run with trusted members.