Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'd be pretty happy if they just hid your item level to be honest... Sure a mod will just take its place at some point but at least it would calm down players from focusing only on that single stat.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    I'd be pretty happy if they just hid your item level to be honest... Sure a mod will just take its place at some point but at least it would calm down players from focusing only on that single stat.
    Yeah, a mod was what started the whole thing in WotLK. Gearscore I think it was called. So Blizzard "fixed" it by implementing item levels that was visible on the pieces, instead of having a mod tell us the same thing.

The problem is that people have always judged from gear, we don't have much else to go for when creating pugs. Sure we could ask them for logs etc, to see if they actually knew their class. But that would take too long. Easier to just invite some 860, so we know that his gear will carry him a bit at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Im one of the people who will ask for 860, if not 870+. It's a long instance, gear speeds it up and simply because I can find people around that ilvl as easy as around 840.
    If I'm on my char around 840-850ish, then sure ill be satisfied with people around same ilvl etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumex View Post
    Make your own group.

Close this thread.
    Was about to write the same. I'm annoyed by all the groups with unnecessary high ilvl requirements. When I'm running my casual mythic dungeons I just create a group with 835 required. Never had any problems gathering a group, and never had to give up, replace or anything.
    Also as it is 835 people will actually get upgrades, which I enjoy. Nothing like helping other players.
    M+ is another story as it actually require better gear to make it in time to get loot.
    But for "just mythic" ... No need for crazy gear really. Same goes for normal EN- why would anyone require anything about 850? It is a walk in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Nah OP just stopped crying because he got banned for it after 3 posts.

And you have clearly missed my point, people can demand what ever the fuck ilvl they want for their pugs. You don't like it? Create your own. If I had to pug this, I would do as with M+, demand 860, no matter what difficulty it is. Simply because I am 860+. Why would I ever want to team up with people that got lower gear than me?

However, on my alts that are around 850-860, I will ask for 850+. Wanna guess why?
    That's cool! Can my retri 870 come along that is full vers and some leather pieces??

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    rly guys whats wrong with asking for w/e ilv ppl want? I dont understand it at all, u put some time, effort, team play in order to get better gear, u do raids, mythic dugeons on high+ just to get better gear. What for? to make content easier for u to clear, to reach higher rank or w/e reasons ppl have.

And then out of nowhere hate towards u cus u want to play with other ppl who actually care about their progress? Its same thing in real life u have better education, better job u gain more, ofc you u can help other ppl but u cant be forced to, just because other ppl are lazy or made poor life choices.
    Really hate to break it to you... but the "real world" isn't a meritocracy and doesn't work this way...

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda11 View Post
    in other words you want people to carry you , elitist prick.
    there's a difference between wanting to be carried and not wanting to carry

only a sith talks in absolutes

I know for 100% people will ask on day 1 for:

"ilvl 860+, have a brain!!" XD..... You might even encounter someone asking for achievement XD
    I predict that people will lose their shit before it is even out and prove themselves to be bad at the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I know for 100% people will ask on day 1 for:

"ilvl 860+, have a brain!!" XD..... You might even encounter someone asking for achievement XD
    No Warlocks, not that it's based on anything anymore...people just don't care.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

Is the weekly lockout a gear lockout or a boss lockout? As long as we aren't "saved" to it upon killing a boss it should be fine. But if you can only do it once per week I could see issues arising trying to finish if someone drops, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Nah OP just stopped crying because he got banned for it after 3 posts.

And you have clearly missed my point, people can demand what ever the fuck ilvl they want for their pugs. You don't like it? Create your own. If I had to pug this, I would do as with M+, demand 860, no matter what difficulty it is. Simply because I am 860+. Why would I ever want to team up with people that got lower gear than me?

However, on my alts that are around 850-860, I will ask for 850+. Wanna guess why?
    Lighten up Francis. The OP seemed to be poking fun at the silly requirements some people have. He wasn't raging about it or demanding it needs to be changed or anything. Yet you seem to have taken it very seriously.

The size of the dungeon bothers me more than other people's group requirement. They should've made it 3 small instances instead of a single huge one.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    My guess would be 855. The general rule seems to be asking for ilvl that that content drops (base - not counting wf/tf) as a minimum usually. Not that some groups won't ask for more for fast runs, some always do.

My concern over the whole ilvl requirement now with Kara is that groups will start asking for an ilvl that assumes you have 1 legendary. I've done loads of content daily including many mythic+ runs, every daily emmissary since launch, full raid clears, and still no RNG luck. With an 895 legendary skewing ilvl up, it might really start to suck for those who haven't got lucky and got theirs when Kara launches. You can still get your ilvl there, but that's a rough 5 ilvl points or so to get 855 to 860 without a legendary.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ill be asking for Mythic Nythendra as an MINIMUM requirement for my kara groups, u can never be too careful when sifting through the sea of baddies.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I think that having such an awesome release as a Kara, 9 boss, 5 man dungeon, and then gating it behind group finder, will cause the Mythic system to break.

Before we go nuts:
    "Gating" - just mean that DPS cannot log on and be assured in X minutes/hours they are running Kara because they cannot Q.

I've been a healer since Cata, since I found it nice to be 'in demand' using the LFD queuing system with limited playtime availability. And as a healer in Legion, without a 'guild' (we have 3 guild members), I've been able to experience whatever I want (even non-queueable content) because of healer demand.

My point here is that once X% of the WoW population ('unguilded DPS', X is pretty high IMO) cannot do Kara, the system will collapse in either the form of 'forum outrage' or 'unsubs'

Because I'm a healer I don't actually care if Kara is queueable or not, but I think the above is going to happen.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    LFM Karazhan. Anyone? Please! Paying 50k each!
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Servos View Post

My point here is that once X% of the WoW population ('unguilded DPS', X is pretty high IMO) cannot do Kara, the system will collapse in either the form of 'forum outrage' or 'unsubs'
    I am curious as well to see how this plays out. This is the first time since......Cataclysm? that we've had PVE content completely unavailable through matchmaking service.

amazing that not 8 years ago most of the player base spent years in Kara without a "group finder" and while it was a 10 man raid.
    Statements like this show how truly disconnected people who post on these forums are from the rest of the population.
    Last edited by grandgato; 2016-10-17 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    That's cool! Can my retri 870 come along that is full vers and some leather pieces??
    Pretty sure that items that are the "wrong kind" won't count towards your ilvl anyways. But if a 870 ret pala queued up, I would for sure invite him. Then if he was decked in leather items he would be kicked again. It is a wonderful system.

I don't play ret, so I don't know how bad versa is, but I assume it is bad. 870 ilvl will bring enough stats to put you over a 840 ret with fully optimized stats anyways. If your dps was too shit, I would just replace you anyways.

In other words, having a great ilvl gets you inside the door. If you can't play your butt will find that door fast on the way out again.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    The best thing about WoW is the friendly and helpful community.
    this ain't no petting zoo. Go play some my little pony shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonatic View Post
    Lighten up Francis. The OP seemed to be poking fun at the silly requirements some people have. He wasn't raging about it or demanding it needs to be changed or anything. Yet you seem to have taken it very seriously.
    He screwed up with name calling and got banned though.

What my problem is though, is that people seem entitled to have access to all groups, and threads like this "QQ people are demanding too high ilvl for pugs!" pop up all the freaking time, and people try to explain to them: "If you don't like the rules, create your own group." Then the person complaining in the beginning starts with some dumb excuse as "but the place doesn't even drop 860 ilvl!", which in all honesty doesn't matter at all.

So to sum it up:
    - OP got banned for crying and name calling, poor thing.
    - People should stop complaining about pugs demanding higher ilvls, and just make their own groups. It really isn't hard.
    - I am one of those that demands higher ilvl for my pugs than what ilvl that drops inside the instance. Simply because I don't want people who can't be arsed to gear them self up properly, as I find it lazy. I have since Vanilla made pugs, and back in those days I checked their armory for enchants and what gear they had. Later in WotLK we got Gearscore addon to check it for us. And now we got ilvl to check what gear lvl the people are. It is a tool to pick out the best of the 2000 dps' that sign up for every group.