15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fathom81 View Post
    this just means that there must be another trigger besides AK, the problem is that everyone just stopped searching for it...
    Could be AK or maybe reputation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fathom81 View Post
    this just means that there must be another trigger besides AK, the problem is that everyone just stopped searching for it...
    I also think this.

Personally, I feel that you need to Unlock 19 traits (whether that is outlaw or another spec who knows)

I say this because when I was farming NL some guy had AK7 with 19 traits and had the binding drop in 11 drops.

I got AK5/AK6 and was under 19 traits, no drops in NL for 189 runs..

I go to AK7 and unlocked my 19th traits, i saw both bindings drop within 15 kills on each boss.

Of course if someone wants to prove me wrong and has 19 traits with 100's of run on each boss this will void my theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Vancleafage View Post
    I also think this.

Personally, I feel that you need to Unlock 19 traits (whether that is outlaw or another spec who knows)

I say this because when I was farming NL some guy had AK7 with 19 traits and had the binding drop in 11 drops.

I got AK5/AK6 and was under 19 traits, no drops in NL for 189 runs..

I go to AK7 and unlocked my 19th traits, i saw both bindings drop within 15 kills on each boss.

Of course if someone wants to prove me wrong and has 19 traits with 100's of run on each boss this will void my theory.

I made an account to reply to this post... I have ak8 and 23 outlaw weapon traits and my last kill I did yesterday was 188 in nelths lair... still no drop.. I got the one in votw after 66 kills

26 traits, AK8 476 kills NL, no drop, doubt it.

As much as some (and myself) would like to believe there's another trigger, it's most likely all down to a very low drop chance. I find myself dreading to start the grind each day and I'm questioning if it's even worth my sanity to keep doing it. This is getting really demoralizing. Yeah, I get it's one of the better appearance skins and it contributes to the prestige and rarity but god damn this sucks.

I'm kind of baffled that they intended for this to be farmed normally. I can't imagine doing all these Dar'Grul kills as full NL runs.
    -Insert witty signature here-

TBH, after the recent Q&A with Ion, I think it is just a really crappy drop rate. Apparently low chance RNG makes things 'interesting' and 'fun and exciting' to paraphrase.

Not sure to who... i love their response well we don't have a legendary neither... so because they don't have one we all have to deal with RNG.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully, they have implemented something similar to the bindings, but I doubt it:

There are systems in place to prevent extreme bad luck(for legendaries) from occurring.
    Fuck I hate the thought of running NL and VoW for the next two years before the next expansion, and never see those bindings myself.

Worst expansion ever. It took me 4 years to get the original bindings, by visiting MC every god damn week. Fuck my luck

Quote Originally Posted by Findlyn View Post
    TBH, after the recent Q&A with Ion, I think it is just a really crappy drop rate. Apparently low chance RNG makes things 'interesting' and 'fun and exciting' to paraphrase.
    After the Q&A, i think they were specifically not talking about Rogues.

• The team tried to avoid a single formulaic approach.
    • If an appearance is hard to get, it is more prestigious and impressive.
    • It was fun to watch the community find hidden things, hopefully will be more in the future.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    After 139 runs NL i got my first binding. Now its Votw time and i see more and more people with 400+ Votw runs.

Thats quite impressive that they dont give up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynosuke View Post
    After 139 runs NL i got my first binding. Now its Votw time and i see more and more people with 400+ Votw runs.

Thats quite impressive that they dont give up.
    I'm about to. You don't need to complete the whole dungeon, since Ash'Golm ain't the last boss. But waiting 30+ minutes to enter the dungeon doesn't help either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    I'm about to. You don't need to complete the whole dungeon, since Ash'Golm ain't the last boss. But waiting 30+ minutes to enter the dungeon doesn't help either.
    yeah i know i already have impressive 30 runs but why wait 30 mins?
    just join a rogue group and farm 24/7

Deleted
    Question, you do this once a day in heroic and weekly in mythic right?

The normal mode farming, how long do you wait for enterance? On my realm i have to wait around 50 minute to enter a normal dungeon. I dont see light to farm this.

Do you search for players? Saw some groups with farming but only 1 or 2 players are in. OR with guild?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucky2910 View Post
    Question, you do this once a day in heroic and weekly in mythic right?

The normal mode farming, how long do you wait for enterance? On my realm i have to wait around 50 minute to enter a normal dungeon. I dont see light to farm this.

Do you search for players? Saw some groups with farming but only 1 or 2 players are in. OR with guild?

Thats the "I want TF at the end of the content"-version
    The "i want it now"-version is to go with 5 rogues
    NL: u need the hook and a goblin glider(1 for each run) this takes about 3-8 min per run idk the time exactly
    Votw: simply sneak to the first boss kill it clear the imps and the fat one .. kill the 2nd boss .. sneak to ash kill him .. sneak out of the dungeon about 10-20 min per run idk the time exactly

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember that someone who had Highmountain Tribe rep got this binding.

Maybe the chance of getting these increases, maybe with reputation or with AK, or maybe several other factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    I remember that someone who had Highmountain Tribe rep got this binding.

Maybe the chance of getting these increases, maybe with reputation or with AK, or maybe several other factors.
    I've been exalted with all factions for a week or so and still don't have either binding, though it's not for a lack of trying. Also AK9.
    -Insert witty signature here-

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I see.

This expansion is World of Warcraft: Vault of the Lair. As a Outlaw Rogue that wants Thunderfury, this will be all you'll see in this expansion.

56 runs in NL & 306 runs in VotW. Finally done. Don't give up I suppose! Good luck to you all.

I got mine after 206 runs in NL and only 30 something in Vault which was a relief after beginning to think the NL binding would never drop.

Finally got mine last night. 12 NL runs and 177 votw runs, which I guess puts me kind of on the lucky side of things. I still think it's a terrible design decision because contrary to what they said, it doesn't feel prestigious or rewarding. The only feeling I had after is relief (which if I recall is the exact thing they don't want people to feel after something they wanted to feel like a rewarding effort).

Quote Originally Posted by Rynosuke View Post
    Thats the "I want TF at the end of the content"-version
    The "i want it now"-version is to go with 5 rogues
    NL: u need the hook and a goblin glider(1 for each run) this takes about 3-8 min per run idk the time exactly
    Votw: simply sneak to the first boss kill it clear the imps and the fat one .. kill the 2nd boss .. sneak to ash kill him .. sneak out of the dungeon about 10-20 min per run idk the time exactly
    If everyone in their group sets their hearth to somewhere nearby (dal or shackle's) and alternates between dal hearth and regular hearth each run instead of running out (flying from these points is objectively faster than stealthing back out), you can easily pull 10 minute runs. If you rotate people 2-3 and a time and use summons so you never have stone downtime I think you can cut it down to 8 mins or so in an ideal situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    After the Q&A, i think they were specifically not talking about Rogues.
    Actually Ion specifically called out the rogue one in answer to my question. he glossed over it very quickly but he basically said it's intended because it feels like the old TF grind, which I disagree with on more than one level but that is what it is. He also said the hunter one is a vendor item so people could use a non-gun (a lie/half-truth since you could always tmog a bow over a gun) and that they were revisiting the warrior one with the long cool down between attempts.
    Last edited by Alfador; 2016-10-18 at 02:47 PM.