Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing is, even if I ask for no particular ilvl in an LFG group, I will get more than enough people signing up for the dps slots so most likely I will just take the highest ilvl people while trying to keep a balance between ranged and melee (I'd like at least one range). And since the supply is overwhelming, you are still screwed if you have low ilvl.
    This is basically what I do, lower ilvl people have the advantage if they apply early because I'll accept people to fill the group. I've had times where a higher ilvl person has come along after I've already accepted lower-ilvl DPS, so it's all based on timing for me.

I will probably do with my Friends in the first week.

Second week, ill probably make a PUG of Leather Users Group, its a weekly locked cooldown, that will not be hard. I am ilvl 870 and will try to find people with almost hte same ilvl as me, not because i think you need my ilvl to finish Kara, but well geared people have a better chance to not need a piece of gear that is a upgrade for me. And it will probably be very common people making leather and plate user groups.

1. 860 ilvl isn't high, unless you are lazy and havent touched HC raiding or higher M+ yet.
    2. People can demand what ever the fuck they want for their pugs.
    3. You sound like a fool.[/QUOTE]

1. 860 ilvl is high, because "RNG"
    I've been playing sense day 1 of legion I have 3 legendaries and still don't have the ilvl of 860. I've only bother up to mythic +6 though. My current ilvl as Fury is 853. That being said I haven't bothered doing the raid.

Deleted
    i am for sure not inviting you if you spam XD

Will there be a M+ mode?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

"lfm kharazam 860 + link one legendary"

Deleted
    I don't wanna start a new thread with my braindead questions so I'll ask here. Where does the Karazhan attunement quest begin? I wish to be prepared in advance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Instrument View Post
    So what? I can't be bothered to carry an undergeared random - don't like it don't apply
    It's a game, what's there to apply for? I ask for an invite as dps, you invite me, done. Don't be one of those hardcore *******s who think no one but them, or people with 860+ and this and that achievement can play.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Will there be a M+ mode?
    Not at launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be running with guildmates, but on occasion we're missing that 1 dps or something, so we have to pug. At that point I take the average of our item levels minus fifteen and put that as the requirement. Generally in the 860+ range.

And that's assuming, like everywhere else, Kara can WF/TF. If it can't, then most of my guild would never bother going back to that crap hole.

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    It is higher than the dungeon rewards you with. Thats the fucking problem.

might not be high enough for the elitist special snowflakes out there, i fully expect 865-870 and AOTC from EN. Remember mythic dungeons in WoD they dropped 685 gear and you where INSTA declined if you had below 730 gear. same mentality is still around in this game these elitist snowflakes havnt moved on yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnicide View Post
    1. 860 ilvl isn't high, unless you are lazy and havent touched HC raiding or higher M+ yet.
    2. People can demand what ever the fuck they want for their pugs.
    3. You sound like a fool.
    1. 860 ilvl is high, because "RNG"
    I've been playing sense day 1 of legion I have 3 legendaries and still don't have the ilvl of 860. I've only bother up to mythic +6 though. My current ilvl as Fury is 853. That being said I haven't bothered doing the raid.
    Heroic drops 865, and has been out for 4 weeks. Mythic+ was capped at 850 for the first week, and 865 for the last 3 weeks. Not having on the order of 865~ is lazy. Also, each legendary inflates your ilvl by 3 if your item in the same slot was 850. So I'd imagine that, given your ilvl, most of your slots are around 845 or 850, so your ilvl is inflated 9 higher than someone with equal gear sans legendaries.

I've being playing since day 1, have 1 legendary, farmed high level m+, and I'm sitting at 879

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

I expect plenty of LFG groups asking for ilevels higher than the gear that drops in the instance. Which is ridiculous.

I'll be asking my guildmates to have an ilevel of 830, which per my time on the PTR should be more than fine so long as you can execute the mechanics. Which should be quite easy considering all but 3 of the encounters (5 I guess, if you count each opera encounter individually) are new.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    He screwed up with name calling and got banned though.

What my problem is though, is that people seem entitled to have access to all groups, and threads like this "QQ people are demanding too high ilvl for pugs!" pop up all the freaking time, and people try to explain to them: "If you don't like the rules, create your own group." Then the person complaining in the beginning starts with some dumb excuse as "but the place doesn't even drop 860 ilvl!", which in all honesty doesn't matter at all.

So to sum it up:
    - OP got banned for crying and name calling, poor thing.
    - People should stop complaining about pugs demanding higher ilvls, and just make their own groups. It really isn't hard.
    - I am one of those that demands higher ilvl for my pugs than what ilvl that drops inside the instance. Simply because I don't want people who can't be arsed to gear them self up properly, as I find it lazy. I have since Vanilla made pugs, and back in those days I checked their armory for enchants and what gear they had. Later in WotLK we got Gearscore addon to check it for us. And now we got ilvl to check what gear lvl the people are. It is a tool to pick out the best of the 2000 dps' that sign up for every group.

And here i thought you needed to stroke your lips with clostebol to remain competitive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    It is higher than the dungeon rewards you with. Thats the fucking problem.

It will ALWAYS be higher thats the key issue here with WoW. it is tuned around you having 825-830 gear but to actually do it you need 870+ always been like this with mythic dungeons since they got tossed into to the game so elitist pricks can be elitist for no reason other than allowing them to stroke the epeen a little bit harder.

And i will just play along demanding 870 and AOTC and achievement for 1st weeks kill definately i dont want to carry a scrub you know.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda11 View Post
    I know for 100% people will ask on day 1 for:

"ilvl 860+, have a brain!!" XD..... You might even encounter someone asking for achievement XD
    the best way to make blizzard know is try our best to avoid these dungeons, i personally don't like it and completely avoid any non auto-matchmaking dungeon/raid, trying to enter it and then complain because player put up harsh requirements is the worst thing to do; first because no one gonna care and second because when blizzard read the data it look like many used it.

You don't like it and don't feel like creating our own group? Then simply avoid it, low participation is thee best feedback you could give to blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda11 View Post
    in other words you want people to carry you , elitist prick.
    What if you meet the requirment yourself?
    If I could run LFD with 4 clones of myself, I would

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    So it's a boost group for the mage, I see.
    To be fair, Fire mages have it particularly bad when it comes to ilvl vs actual quality of gear. My mage is 860+ on my ilvl set and I think I'm 853 for my best available gear according to pawn. Jewelry plus that crit benchmark.

I'm not sure if lfg goes by ilvl in bags or ilvl equipped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    The best thing about WoW is the friendly and helpful community.
    Problem is you expect any gaming community to be friendly and or helpful in the shroud of anonymity....

Seeing as how it's a weekly lockout, I see little reason to pug it. I'm probably just gonna run it with an 870+ guild group.

"LFM AOTC 865. Bring brain, downies will be kicked"