Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

What happened :/ (Beast Mastery)

Good afternoon all, I've recently picked up my old main character that I use for all of my achievements again since stopping playing her middle of Draenor and I'm a bit stumped as to where everything has gone essentially.

My action bars have been reduced from about 8+ skills to around 4 now, 'if that', I used to be able to fire off a trap into a pack of mobs in a dungeon to keep one CC'd, Wyvern Sting another so that's 2 out of however many CC'd, I also used traps in the out-door world with the same purpose as-well as instance soloing which is a big part of the game for me.

Now I have ZERO traps unless I'm simply missing them somewhere or I have to acquire them through an artifact trait I've yet to stumble upon, Arcane Shot seems to of vanished completely I now have Cobra Shot (no cast time yay!) which is now a focus spender rather than a focus generator, and kill command along with a shortened version of dire beast.

Camouflage I also seem to be missing, again another useful skill that I used to use in many situations. Has the spec really been gutted this badly? Is Marksmen the same? I was kinda hoping to re-fall in love with the class that I knew and have played for the past ten years but it's completely been overhauled to the point where I'm doubting to play it.

My pet that I was using originally my turtle seemed to take little to no damage regardless of what I was soloing, via keeping mend pet up, now vs a normal level 100+ enemy it seems to be slashed more than a victim in a Halloween movie.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong or I still have some rose-tinted goggles on and I can't adhere to change but honestly this is a pretty bad design :/

Welcome to Legion. Hunters were gutted more than any other class to make Survival feel special. MM is not much better in terms of buttons, but it performs substantially better in raids.

If I could only pick one thing to add back to BM, it would be freezing trap. I miss my CC.

I'd honestly be okay with them removing Survival as a hunter spec at the point. Hell, I'd be okay going to 1 spec at this point if it gave me back the utility I once had .

Quote Originally Posted by dhkassadee View Post
    My pet that I was using originally my turtle seemed to take little to no damage regardless of what I was soloing, via keeping mend pet up, now vs a normal level 100+ enemy it seems to be slashed more than a victim in a Halloween movie.
    Spec the turtle or any pet as tenacity and problem solved (when doing world content)

So I just leveled my hunter all the way up, he used to be my main back before I quit wow at the end of Cata. I feel exactly the way you feel, about MM though, but I feel like it's like that for all the specs, they just feel gutted. I mean back in the day I had a wast array of tools filling up my actionbars to the point where I had to make macros to combine abilities to save space, and what the hell... any hunter spec without traps is just ripping out so much of the soul of the class itself.

Blizzard seem to want to make each spec unique and in doing so they kindoff took all the abillities we had, split them three ways and made them exlusive to each spec on their own - and as a result all the specs feel like thei're missing anything of substance...

They might as well just make one hunter spec and have things come from talents. I still want to see one reason why it made sense that only one hunter spec can use traps while ALL mage specs can use polymorph (an arcane spell). Pretty sure there is enough of a difference that they could give traps back. I also really miss tranq shot. I could live with the class with those changes, although they would still be boring at least I would not be a useless damage bot.

I have a friend who has been playing hunter since TBC and has always been on the cutting edge. He has always worked hard on making sure his hunter is doing the most dps possible. Very good player and high end raider. HUGE wow fan, goes to blizzcon, reads the books, follows it all. quit wow because they destroyed hunters in legion. RIP in peace

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewithnoshell View Post
    I have a friend who has been playing hunter since TBC and has always been on the cutting edge. He has always worked hard on making sure his hunter is doing the most dps possible. Very good player and high end raider. HUGE wow fan, goes to blizzcon, reads the books, follows it all. quit wow because they destroyed hunters in legion. RIP in peace
    Hes not a "huge" fan like you say if he quit. Hunters aren't that bad. In fact, they are one of the top DPS in "high end raids". This is also your "friend" whos obviously not imaginary because you went to an extreme effort to show how much of a fan he is.

Deleted
    Hunters we're the goto for pretty much anything complex in raids, I think its good that they've been nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by dyzz View Post
    Hes not a "huge" fan like you say if he quit. Hunters aren't that bad. In fact, they are one of the top DPS in "high end raids". This is also your "friend" whos obviously not imaginary because you went to an extreme effort to show how much of a fan he is.
    Nobody is talking about dps, might want to read the thread before contributing.

OT : Joined once more for the first time since 4.3 - the majority of my spellbook is gone, like - literally xD
    Legion is a decent expansion, and i've had some fun to be fair - but the way some (all?) classes/specs have been gimped down to monkey level is a bit ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by dyzz View Post
    I'm not talking about numbers. I'm talking about the class being completely gutted. he is a huge fan too. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean everyone else is lying. Also, "Extreme effort" are you serious? How is what I typed an extreme effort? You're a fool. And he still reads the books and we're going to blizzcon again this year. we just play overwatch instead now.
    Last edited by Turtlewithnoshell; 2016-10-17 at 06:27 PM.

Deleted
    The only thing that made Hunters any interesting, was the trap system. Because it allowed for great plays in the heat of a moment to happen. Now its exclusive to one spec...the melee spec.

My alt in Legion is a MM hunter, he is more or less a Fire Mage or Destro Lock, replace the graphics and animation of Aimed Shot with Fireball and really there is no sense of it being different.

BM needs some serious attention from bliz. I thought changes/buffs would hit ptr with the laughable SV buffs. The spec is not playable or even remotely viable for raiding and mediocre at best for mythic + when compared to other classes/specs. Only thing BM brings is some versatility with bres/lust in M+(please don't say cleave... because the BM cleave build/relics gimps the spec further into the ground and it's still bad compared to other class/specs cleave builds). Top M+ groups are now starting to just run marks hunters because of how badly BM is scaling. To make things worse BM was recently nerfed by 10% in PvP making a already bottom tier spec now completely unplayable in rated PvP. If your'e not going to fix BM then please allow us to unspec artifacts and fully refund AP. I'm so invested in BM debating just quitting game instead of grinding out marks AP only to be permanently behind 5-10% dmg forever.
    Last edited by zoned; 2016-10-17 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewithnoshell View Post
    RIP means rest in peace. So you said rest in peace in peace. Learn what you are typing before you type it.

It feels very very gutted to me as well. I used to have this wonderful diverse class. Now it just feels like a watered down shadow of it's former self.

Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post
    RIP means rest in peace. So you said rest in peace in peace. Learn what you are typing before you type it.
    I love how that's the ONLY thing you comment on... Add to the discussion you prick.
    Anyways, Hunters definitely seem the most gutted, I never really liked MM but Survival was my go to spec in WotLK (Loved Lock and Load) Oh well I spose' :/

Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post
    That's a pretty common meme. I'm surprised you haven't seen that before. Learn what I'm typing before you tell me to learn what I'm typing.

They're different, but more or less complex than before? Not really. I've been playing hunter as my main for 8 years and seen the changes made to the class. It has never been a case of having to get better or having an easier time performing with specs. Enjoyment of said specs however is what has changed, and I enjoyed my Hunter the most during SoO Survival gameplay.

The utility lost in terms of traps = my biggest gripe with the 2 ranged specs. Other than that, I have as easy of a time handling them both as in any other expansion. Movement being limited in MM spec is annoying, not depth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dhkassadee View Post

/
    Spec a turtle as Tenacity, problem solved. My hunter pets rarely struggle @ 855 ilvl in BM spec. It makes sense that our pets can't handle anything AND do full dps as they did in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blk View Post
    Welcome to Legion. Hunters were gutted more than any other class to make Survival feel special. MM is not much better in terms of buttons, but it performs substantially better in raids.
    Say what?

That statement makes zero sense.

Why would you need to gut other RANGED specs to make a MELEE spec feel unique/special?

Hunters weren't exactly alone in the pruning process. Many classes lost survivability/self-sustain to get classes/specs back in line with traditional archetypes. Does it suck when you were used to certain abilities? Absolutely! Was it necessary? Absolutely! Is the game better off for it? Absolutely!

In WoD I could do things with my hunter that just were flat out impossible on other classes/specs.

If you are going to sit there and lie about it, then there isn't much discussion to be had. Though I suspect this thread was meant to be more of a head nodding pity party, than it was an attempt at any actual discussion.