When to use second pot if hero at start

Like the title says. If I want to maximize my DPS I sometimes don't really know a good time to use my second pot if we hero at the start. I typically use it later in the fight when I have both Wolves and Doomwind up. My question though does Wolves benefit from my pot and do I really need to line up the second pot when both of my cds are up? I know the fights well and I am obviously going to use it at a time when I am going to be able to attack the boss non stop. I just want to know if pot increases wolves damage and at what point in the fight is best? For me I like it at the end like I said because of my bloodthirsty trinket proccing more often at lower health.

Wait for your CD to came back.

I think you answered your own question: when CDs line up, when there is a phase or period of non-stop DPSing, when your trinket procs are optimized. All of these fall under the category of great advice you give yourself.

As for the wolves, iirc, they benefit from your agility at the time of the cast, so pop the pot first. This may have changed since I last looked in to that though, so don't quote me.

Quote Originally Posted by Firminator View Post
    I think you answered your own question: when CDs line up, when there is a phase or period of non-stop DPSing, when your trinket procs are optimized. All of these fall under the category of great advice you give yourself.

As for the wolves, iirc, they benefit from your agility at the time of the cast, so pop the pot first. This may have changed since I last looked in to that though, so don't quote me.
    Thank you. Does the current pots actually increase agility or does it just make melee attacks do extra damage. I use old war as my pot sorry if the questions are noobish just want to be clear. I can test it tonight to see if wolves do more damage with pot up but the issue is RNG as other types of wolves do more damage than the others. Meaning I am pretty certain the lightning wolves do more damage than the fire ones and the fire does more than frost. So that is a whole lot of RNG that I would have to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by xanliel View Post
    Thank you. Does the current pots actually increase agility or does it just make melee attacks do extra damage. I use old war as my pot sorry if the questions are noobish just want to be clear. I can test it tonight to see if wolves do more damage with pot up but the issue is RNG as other types of wolves do more damage than the others. Meaning I am pretty certain the lightning wolves do more damage than the fire ones and the fire does more than frost. So that is a whole lot of RNG that I would have to deal with.
    Ah yea forgot current mdps pot is old war. Was thinking agility back to WoD. Id imagine that wolves dont benefit from pots directly becuase the pot duplicates your moves and not the wolves. That being said, having extra maelstrom generation during your pot is a good thing. So def should still be used during wolves.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    When your other cooldowns are ready again.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!