Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Some people must not have been doing raiding during vanilla/BC/WOTLK heroic content. There is ALWAYS a lot of grinding and competition at the top. If you won't put the time in; someone else will. Anyone who pretends they didn't grind during vanilla/BC top tier raid content either didnt experience it, or is lying.
    For TBC and wrath you're a goddamn liar

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    For TBC and wrath you're a goddamn liar
    If you wanted to clear Illidan/Sunwell PRE nerf, you absolutely needed to be flasked and buffed to the max. In other words: FARMING, and GRINDING. Lots of it. I remembered having to farm gold for flasks at times.

And as for WOTLK, if you wanted to clear HEROIC 25m at the time you absolutely needed to squeeze every single ounce of DPS out.

You must not remember, or weren't there.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    >it's another "people think they are forced to grind AP" episode

Have you never played an MMO before?

MMOs, especially MMORPGs, are ALWAYS full of grinding. It's just what the genre does, because without grinding, people would beat the game in 2-4 weeks and then unsub.
    Are you not playing this expansion? AP Grinding to be at the top of the game for MYTHIC RAIDING IS ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY!!!

see...hyperbole is easy, try next time to read beyond the one line that "Offends your senses" before commenting.

My point is that there will always be grinding (gasp there was grinding in WoD), but it was all put in a neat little anti-social place that took all of what 20mins to farm across multiple alt mules...(people just logging out and in over and over for mats and daily mission for followers for massive gold). Instead of easing this out to be more intuitive for this expansion, they went the furthest they could the other way....like to the extreme, like they have always done (and to address your hyperbole, been in this game nigh on from the start). Now everything is just a damn grind...not a few things....everything is a grind. They are (Blizzard) reactionary and never innovative with their IP's. It's been like this for ages and it's god awful as a business practice. It's why we are here right now with all this grinding, and that includes the ridiculous amount of gear inflation.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    If college students have time to grind the max amount of AP possible per day then they're not going to be in college for long lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    Are you not playing this expansion? AP Grinding to be at the top of the game for MYTHIC RAIDING IS ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY!!!
    Are you not reading forums at all? So, so many people are crying about the "AP grind", seemingly under the impression that you *****NEED***** as much AP as possible or you're not viable at all.

People don't seem to understand that the difference between ~20 traits and full 34 traits is not gamebreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    try next time to read beyond the one line that "Offends your senses" before commenting.
    Try next time to understand the situation before insulting anyone who disagrees with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Egregious View Post
    Not going to lie, I quit this game partially because of the relentless grind and the Legendary system. It's horrible and feels entirely unrewarding.

InB4 "casual, whatever, who cares!"; my guild is US 33 and I was among the highest ranked healers in the world, not just the US, last tier.
    I really have a hard time thinking thats true, thats the guild style, the chinese one, and they dont even raid that much. They just req some alts. Oh well if its true, say hello in Chinese ^^

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Are you not reading forums at all? So, so many people are crying about the "AP grind", seemingly under the impression that you *****NEED***** as much AP as possible or you're not viable at all.

People don't seem to understand that the difference between ~20 traits and full 34 traits is not gamebreaking.

Try next time to understand the situation before insulting anyone who disagrees with you.
    See I am the kind of person that give people the benefit of the doubt, even when they are just so blantly thick within their line of reasoning; you unfortunately fall into that category. I mean instead of countermanding my initial point (you didn't at all, you didn't have a point of your own to being with! You didn't even disagree, you just...weakly trolled?) You do exactly what people like you always do, single-sentence attempt at a rebuttal, with zero substance, <yawn> don't you get tired of being this pointless? You didn't make a point before, you have no point now, if you did I would be refuting the counter-argument, but you have none. You aren't trolling, because you legitimately have the reasoning abilities of a hummingbird. And no, that is not a logical fallacy, you have nothing to bring to the table. And I know you will no doubt respond to me, now that I got your hackles up, but save your breath and time; I don't really care what your stance truly is anymore, you lost that opportunity when you went for Lowest common denominator of a rebuttal.

I swear the forums just keep getting worse and worse.

Infracted - Djriff
    Last edited by Djriff; 2016-10-17 at 07:22 PM.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

If you wanted to clear Illidan/Sunwell PRE nerf, you absolutely needed to be flasked and buffed to the max. In other words: FARMING, and GRINDING. Lots of it. I remembered having to farm gold for flasks at times.

And as for WOTLK, if you wanted to clear HEROIC 25m at the time you absolutely needed to squeeze every single ounce of DPS out.

U didn't have to grind to get your raid consumables in those expansions. And and yes I cleared both
    My hlkH was US top 15 back in the day when Cuties and Deus Vox was around

So gtfo here with your bullshit

Not really needed to grind past a certain point, wait for AK. I'm at 28 traits, though if I was at 24ish and didnt grind I'd be cool with that too.

Though yes, as much people hated WoD for a lack of content, I thoroughly enjoyed it for raiding. But I'm a guy who just wants to raid really anyway, and they need content for a wider audience than just me. It's a MMO so some grind is expected

The thing that just bugs me atm is the cost of consumables, the artifact stuff is fine
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2016-10-17 at 06:36 PM.

Deleted

The mats for pots where never this insane. Even in vanilla you could farm your consumables in alot less time.

And it was alot easier to respec to the best spec in case Blizzard decided to do nerfs/buffs.

Anyone who actually raidet back then know this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Egregious View Post
    Not going to lie, I quit this game partially because of the relentless grind and the Legendary system. It's horrible and feels entirely unrewarding.

InB4 "casual, whatever, who cares!"; my guild is US 33 and I was among the highest ranked healers in the world, not just the US, last tier.
    Most people are elitist and can't see beyond their own sarcasm. They will often respond to issues like this with "hah, noob", when in reality this isn't a casual issue at all. It's mainly a top level issue. It's pretty ironic. The opposite of what they say is true. Not only this issue is serious but it is also an issue that only players that take the game seriously face.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-10-17 at 07:26 PM.

I stopped caring about AP when I got my my 2nd gold trait as shadow, I do my 4 WQ daily along with my heroic and weekly Mythic +, but outside of raiding I'm not pushing it. Farming for mats is definitely the bulk of my wow time, spend half the time doing that, that I do raiding which is a bit ridiculous. I really hope they put a blood trader in for herbs, just so that I can do something with this useless pile of them.

Outside of that, I have better things to do with my time than just grind for AP that I can just slowly get and let my AK do the work for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I stopped caring about AP when I got my my 2nd gold trait as shadow, I do my 4 WQ daily along with my heroic and weekly Mythic +, but outside of raiding I'm not pushing it. Farming for mats is definitely the bulk of my wow time, spend half the time doing that, that I do raiding which is a bit ridiculous. I really hope they put a blood trader in for herbs, just so that I can do something with this useless pile of them.

Outside of that, I have better things to do with my time than just grind for AP that I can just slowly get and let my AK do the work for me.
    AP is a lesser issue. The main grinding advantage is gearing and the legendaries and pumping the bad luck protection of them. Also the consumables are already affordable to me so I care very little about them (I may only avoid rune-ing in very easy content etc) but I guess it's still an issue for most that aren't also gold makers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WOWandchill View Post
    It use to be all about your skill, but now its all about how much time you spend grinding AP and mythic +.

I'm sorry Blizzard but unless you are in college or high school, nobody has time to be grinding this much every day.
    if you think college students have time to grind all that AP, you're wrong.

but on the other hand, i dont do much AP grinding or WQ's aside from emissaries, and i'm keeping decently steady with most of my raid team. obviously if you're competing for top tier spots you'd be putting more time into it anyway, so i dont see much difference in playtime/performance layout from other expansions
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    If college students have time to grind the max amount of AP possible per day then they're not going to be in college for long lol
    You're assuming people here are in college with the goal to graduate and have ambitious, fulfilling careers?

You overestimate your audience.

Quote Originally Posted by WOWandchill View Post
    lol @ "playing sufficiently". Its obv you are in a normal guild or something because if you're not the best in ur guild you're holding them back
    Maybe you need join up with a normal guild so raids will be fun again for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    AP is a lesser issue. The main grinding advantage is gearing and the legendaries and pumping the bad luck protection of them. Also the consumables are already affordable to me so I care very little about them (I may only avoid rune-ing in very easy content etc) but I guess it's still an issue for most that aren't also gold makers.
    Agreed, up to a point. AP will come when AP comes. I'm looking forward to hitting AK 25 so I can work on my off spec artifacts without worrying about destroying progress on my main one.

While it may be affordable for you, it's not affordable for everyone and eventually gold does dry up.

Quote Originally Posted by seijulala View Post
    mythic+ shouldn't give AP or limit it somehow, this nonstop grinding of ap is really annoying.
    I think it could easily be fixed by not granting you loot and AP more than once on any given mythic+ level. You could do mythic+5 10 times but only get rewarded the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    if you think college students have time to grind all that AP, you're wrong.
    University was when I had the most free time to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Butthurt weekend warrior mythic raiders feeling put out to do "extra" content is a pretty good sign the game is going in the correct direction. To be frank you should feel forced and you should need to have to play for hours and hours in non raid content if you want to min max. It just means that content is worthwhile pursuing. Of course like anything with blizzard its a contradiction. AP is an a okay deterministic grind that you shouldnt feel relieved over but legendaries on a vendor... cant have that...
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-10-17 at 07:39 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.