Poll: tom leaves wow team to develop...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Digital Card games was not a proven market. It's like saying RPG was a proven market for computer games basing on the success of previous table top games. MMORPG was never a proven market. I don't know what's your definition of "very successful" because for me MMORPG was niche before WoW. Proven market to me means that it has to have already been exposed to the mass and achieved massive success. Everquest nor Ultima did that.

- - - Updated - - -

That's nonsense. Just because there are already popular games in certain genres, they are not allowed to make their own such games? HotS is not more similar to Dota than Starcraft was to Dune. They are very different.

Overwatch was a success because of the brand the same way WC3 was a success because of the brand. There are always people who will complain whether they create new IPs or keep using the old ones. They keep using the ones and people will say they keep milking them and don't bother to come up with new IPs.

That gotta be the dumbest thing ive read this week. Card games not profitable or a market? mmo:s not profitable or a market before wow? are you for real? are you serious?

Knights online,Everquest list goes on card games you have magic the gathering as good example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I really hate these ideas of Diablo games like the Witch or Dark souls or anything like that. I would really be disappointed if D4 wasn't an ARPG and instead was a generic clone of another game.
    What? How do you get to Dark Souls from Diablo? Have you even played them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    So is Draenor, and it didn't have the outlands excuse of being blown up.
    Let's be honest, that was just a filler expansion which didn't end too well.
    Argus is something players have been talking about for years, nobody gave a rat's ass about Draenor, Draenor was already blown up.

With Argus you've got different landscapes just like Azeroth. They have the ability to create a whole new 1-90 world all over again, though this time
    it being on a new planet. That is, if they've not legion-fied everything on Argus, but I kinda doubt that. The army of the light is there as well, I would believe
    there is enough content there to level from 1-90. That's what I'd love to see.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbadubba View Post
    lucioball confirmed.
    LUCIOBALLLLLLLLL

Seriously though, isn't it most likely he's heading to that recently hinted Diablo project?
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Let's be honest, that was just a filler expansion which didn't end too well.
    Argus is something players have been talking about for years, nobody gave a rat's ass about Draenor, Draenor was already blown up.

With Argus you've got different landscapes just like Azeroth. They have the ability to create a whole new 1-90 world all over again, though this time
    it being on a new planet. That is, if they've not legion-fied everything on Argus, but I kinda doubt that. The army of the light is there as well, I would believe
    there is enough content there to level from 1-90. That's what I'd love to see.
    Argus is a barren waste land. Sorry to ruin your dream, but if you're expecting so great large and lush world when we go there I'm afraid I got some bad news... The entire planet has been engulfed in large scale war for eternity. It's basically the equivalent of Outland, or an earth post nuclear war.

In fact, I highly ever doubt we got there as the focus of a game or expansion. If anything it will be like the DH class hall campaign and we star wars jump over there on ships for an invasion in a raid and leave after killing key targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Argus is a barren waste land. Sorry to ruin your dream, but if you're expecting so great large and lush world when we go there I'm afraid I got some bad news... The entire planet has been engulfed in large scale war for eternity. It's basically the equivalent of Outland, or an earth post nuclear war.

In fact, I highly ever doubt we got there as the focus of a game or expansion. If anything it will be like the DH class hall campaign and we star wars jump over there on ships for an invasion in a raid and leave after killing key targets.
    The planet is not shattered at all actually, so it is not even close to being equal to Outland. Outland has been torn apart, Argus has not.
    There's a few places ingame where they show you the Argus planet, and it is completely whole.

And it being engulfed in war is basically just another thing that makes it possible to have a whole new leveling place. Azeroth was like that too after Cata, in the north you had the scourge. in the south you had demons and pirates, etc etc. If you don't think we'll ever go to argus for an expansion then you're as ignorant as a damn Trump supporter lol. There is only one way they could've ignores Argus as a whole, and that is if they have plans to bring WoW down within the next years, and that is not happening.

Why is there no Diablo option when it is the most likely candidate here.
    http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/1/1208...-game-director
    When in doubt. Derp it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzah View Post
    It was never dead fyi its been in progress even after overwatch
    It was dead, it was discontinued, and assets was recycled and used in Overwatch, that is where we have Ilios from. Though, the new project could but unknown.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    WC4 campaign would be hard to pull off, seeing how far WoW has gone away from the original WC1-3 narrative. That said, WC3 and SC2 are two my favorite RTS games, and if WC4 was made and acquired a decent modding community, it would be the game of the century.

I would expect WoW 2 from them though, rather than WC4.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

probably a minecraft clone or something like EQN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borfl View Post
    probably a minecraft clone or something like EQN
    EverQuest Next had potential, but then they just screwed over people.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzah View Post
    It was never dead fyi its been in progress even after overwatch

source????

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    source????
    Unsure if the user can find a source to prove me wrong, but I'll just dump it in, just incase.

https://gamerant.com/titan-cancel-overwatch-story-438/
    http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/20/826...d-be-blizzards
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bli.../1100-6439068/
    http://www.pcgamer.com/overwatch-dir...led-titan-mmo/

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Why is there no Diablo option when it is the most likely candidate here.
    http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/1/1208...-game-director
    Yeah, seriously. Also, no idea why Blizzard would release WC4 after SC2 expansions and Heroes of the Storm were released in the last couple years. Maybe if they just have to try and take that market back from Riot, no matter what?

Rock n Roll Racing HD...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Digital Card games was not a proven market. It's like saying RPG was a proven market for computer games basing on the success of previous table top games. MMORPG was never a proven market. I don't know what's your definition of "very successful" because for me MMORPG was niche before WoW. Proven market to me means that it has to have already been exposed to the mass and achieved massive success. Everquest nor Ultima did that.

- - - Updated - - -

That's nonsense. Just because there are already popular games in certain genres, they are not allowed to make their own such games? HotS is not more similar to Dota than Starcraft was to Dune. They are very different.

Overwatch was a success because of the brand the same way WC3 was a success because of the brand. There are always people who will complain whether they create new IPs or keep using the old ones. They keep using the ones and people will say they keep milking them and don't bother to come up with new IPs.
    Im more salty they spend time creating new ips rather than improve thier allready old and popular ones. I honestly wouldnt care if they did this while WoW or wacraft or diablo were in a good place. But warcraft hasnt been touched for 10 years, WoW is arguably struggling. and diablo is a pale shadow of its former self.

The current lore in World of Warcraft doesn't interest me all that much to want a Warcraft 4. A cosmic sized war between a fallen Titan and legendary void lords just doesn't feel all that great to build a Warcraft 4 game upon.

Hell, an "alternate reality" of Warcraft 3 would be more fun where Arthas did not become the Lich King and actually saved his people and stuff.

One thing for sure, it will be a near-clone of a currently existing game.

Hearthstone, HoTS, Overwatch..

Still holding my breath they do a pure pve, sandbox MMORPG

I would say warcraft 4. Needed to bring some new lore and characters as WoW start lacking quality background since WotLK. But with their recent focus on e-sport with HS and Overwatch as new flagships of Blizzard, I am not sure. I hope for some warcraft or diablo love though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    The current lore in World of Warcraft doesn't interest me all that much to want a Warcraft 4. A cosmic sized war between a fallen Titan and legendary void lords just doesn't feel all that great to build a Warcraft 4 game upon.

Hell, an "alternate reality" of Warcraft 3 would be more fun where Arthas did not become the Lich King and actually saved his people and stuff.
    I liked the Frozen Throne lore, but, as far as I'm concerned, Warcraft story ends with Arthas becoming the Lich King. Everything happening in WoW, starting all the way from vanilla, just doesn't sit right with me. "We need 2 warring factions for PvP, so let's ignore all the developments in Warcraft 3 and just make Horde and Alliance fight each other again - plus add multiple factions into them that have nothing to do with these two organizations!" Night Elves in the Alliance - what a disgrace.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.